++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 09-27-2004, 03:15 PM   #46
StillACreedFan
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: Just listen to the Creed albums and to ODR - and you will clearly hear big difference!!
Of course there's a big difference, Stapp and Kennedy are two very different singers so obviously going from one to the other will mean a change in how everything sounds. I just don't see how Tremonti, Marshall, and Phillips were being held back in Creed.
Old 09-27-2004, 03:21 PM   #47
The Lithium
USER INFO »
As I told you, listen to the both albums and you'll hear it. I don't really think there was anything holding them back, they on ODR they're more "free" than you heard 'em in Creed. Maybe simply because they're better on what they're doing now

But Micheal have said it several times, and both Stapp and the band as well. They are all happier this way, no reunion!! PLUS Mark said: "If it doesn't work out with this band, we will just play in small demo bands where we live".

"take care of yourselves.
take care of each other.
fuck gorge w. bush!
good night"
--corey taylor
Old 09-28-2004, 01:15 AM   #48
DekWannaBFlea
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by StillACreedFan) Of course there's a big difference, Stapp and Kennedy are two very different singers so obviously going from one to the other will mean a change in how everything sounds. I just don't see how Tremonti, Marshall, and Phillips were being held back in Creed.

Look.....we aren't talking about scott and myles.....listen to the solo for Open your eyes , here i will show you the tab......

Open your eyes tab.....look at the solo ....
http://www.mxtabs.net/tab_versions.p...ur+Eyes,155229

Stand here with me tab look at the solo......
http://www.mxtabs.net/tab_versions.p...+With+Me,36756

notice how many more notes tremonti is playing in Open your eyes compared to Stand here with me. In fact he plays those notes in less of a time than in Stand here with me. When you are able to play faster generally you are better. Hence him being held back.

I could go on but i think you get the point, being a musician myself i notice these things, even if someone isn't, its easy to tell whats harder and whats not.
Old 09-28-2004, 11:21 AM   #49
The Lithium
USER INFO »
Me notice big difference!

take care of each other.
fuck gorge w. bush!
good night"
--corey taylor
Old 10-05-2004, 07:12 AM   #50
BobbyMcGee
USER INFO »
Never say never. That is one lesson in life that I have learned well. Time heals wounds. If anything I hope that Mark and Scott will be able to be friends again. If Creed never gets back together again then so be it. I will always cherish the memories and the friends I have made by being a fan of Creed.
________
Hotels In Mexico
________
Blunt

Last edited by BobbyMcGee : 05-02-2011 at 01:08 PM.
Old 10-05-2004, 11:39 AM   #51
The Lithium
USER INFO »
Say never!! Read this quote from Mark Thomas Tremonti, himself:

Quote: (Originally Posted by Mark Tremonti) Q. Do you see the possibility of reuniting with Scott Stapp and Creed?
A. No. When this band is over, I'm over. This is it. The day we go back to Creed is the day we failed with this new band. Going back to Creed would be like crawling back with your tail between your legs. We took this step as men and we're going to complete it as men.
Wanna read the whole interview?

take care of each other.
fuck gorge w. bush!
good night"
--corey taylor
Old 10-05-2004, 12:07 PM   #52
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Lith, just because he's quoted as saying such things, doesn't mean he can't change his mind. Look at Van Halen and even Simon & Garfunkel. Right now, yeah, a reunion is unlikely, but down the line, you never know. I agree with Bobby McGee. I hope they can at least heal their friendship even if they never play music together again.
Old 10-05-2004, 04:07 PM   #53
Shadow
USER INFO »
Who dug this thread up? I thought it was over with a while ago

Quote: (Originally Posted by Dogstar) Lith, just because he's quoted as saying such things, doesn't mean he can't change his mind. Look at Van Halen and even Simon & Garfunkel. Right now, yeah, a reunion is unlikely, but down the line, you never know. I agree with Bobby McGee. I hope they can at least heal their friendship even if they never play music together again.
Dogstar I agree with you. I always think of Van Halen and even Bon Jovi when I think of Scott and the AB guys. Sammy and Eddie didn't speak for something like 7 or 8 years. Jon and Richie didn't speak for I think something like 3 years. I remember Jon Bon Jovi saying it didn't matter what had happened between them - the Band (Bon Jovi) and what they had was too good for them not to reunite.

I also hope Scott and the guys can heal their friendship. I haven't really seen or heard any AB interviews, but I know in Scott's interviews he sounds sad and has regret over what has happened.

Creed was too good not to eventually be recreated. Mark might be saying never now, but several years ago, they also didn't think there would be an end of Creed. They all planned for Creed to have longevity.

All that has been devastated
Can be recreated

Last edited by Shadow : 10-05-2004 at 04:13 PM.
Old 10-05-2004, 04:15 PM   #54
StillACreedFan
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by THE LITHIUM) Say never!! Read this quote from Mark Thomas Tremonti, himself:

Wanna read the whole interview?
I doubt they'll all feel the same in 5 years or so.

Things change.
Old 10-06-2004, 08:26 AM   #55
The Lithium
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Shadow) I haven't really seen or heard any AB interviews, but I know in Scott's interviews he sounds sad and has regret over what has happened.
In AB's interviews they sound happier than ever!! And it's pretty clear that they don't wanna reunite, and I've even TALKED to them... I got a very strong feeling screaming in my head: "NO REUNION!!!!" So that's what I believe, of course I respect you other guys though.

take care of each other.
fuck gorge w. bush!
good night"
--corey taylor
Old 10-06-2004, 09:04 AM   #56
Jooji_2
Banned
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by DekWannaBFlea) notice how many more notes tremonti is playing in Open your eyes compared to Stand here with me. In fact he plays those notes in less of a time than in Stand here with me. When you are able to play faster generally you are better. Hence him being held back.

I could go on but i think you get the point, being a musician myself i notice these things, even if someone isn't, its easy to tell whats harder and whats not.

So the fact that he's playing more notes and faster makes him better. Maybe to some musicians its does. That is one of the things that I don't like about the music. If he's showing off his skill great....but I don't listen to music based on how fast or how many notes its made up of. I just freaking listen to it and if I like it I do....and if I don't.....I don't.

If he's writing his music to impress all those "musicians" out there.....he just lost me.
Old 10-06-2004, 09:21 AM   #57
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
geez... are Robyn and Kerry the only reasonable people on this thread???
Old 10-06-2004, 02:41 PM   #58
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Jooji_2)
If he's writing his music to impress all those "musicians" out there.....he just lost me.
Oh, give me a break, you or I don't know his motives for the music he's writing. He's gone in a musical direction you don't like, and that happens. Stop ragging on him just because of that. You don't have to like it, that's your prerogative, but don't attack the man's principles of which you are I know nothing about. I miss Creed as much as the next person and I'm looking forward to Scott's solo stuff and a tour by the man. He's a great performer, but at the present time, Creed are over.
Old 10-06-2004, 06:21 PM   #59
BobbyMcGee
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Shadow) Who dug this thread up? I thought it was over with a while ago

Dogstar I agree with you. I always think of Van Halen and even Bon Jovi when I think of Scott and the AB guys. Sammy and Eddie didn't speak for something like 7 or 8 years. Jon and Richie didn't speak for I think something like 3 years. I remember Jon Bon Jovi saying it didn't matter what had happened between them - the Band (Bon Jovi) and what they had was too good for them not to reunite.

I also hope Scott and the guys can heal their friendship. I haven't really seen or heard any AB interviews, but I know in Scott's interviews he sounds sad and has regret over what has happened.

Creed was too good not to eventually be recreated. Mark might be saying never now, but several years ago, they also didn't think there would be an end of Creed. They all planned for Creed to have longevity.

All that has been devastated
Can be recreated

Absolutley Shadow. As I said time heals.
________
Mflb review
________
YENKO CHEVROLET HISTORY

Last edited by BobbyMcGee : 05-02-2011 at 01:09 PM.
Old 10-06-2004, 07:09 PM   #60
I'mRational
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Jooji_2) So the fact that he's playing more notes and faster makes him better. Maybe to some musicians its does. That is one of the things that I don't like about the music. If he's showing off his skill great....but I don't listen to music based on how fast or how many notes its made up of. I just freaking listen to it and if I like it I do....and if I don't.....I don't.

That post you are quoting was a reply to the comments that the AB guys were not held back in Creed. It is not about the music, but about Marks skill. Generally, the faster and the more difficult stuff you can play, the better you are as a guitarist. This does not have anything to do with the music, but with the musical abilities.