++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 08-08-2004, 02:30 AM   #61
hayley
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Contact:  Send a message via MSN to hayley Send a message via Yahoo to hayley
Quote: (Originally Posted by Shadow) But, to me, Myles voice is just tooo cold for that type of song, it's just not *warm* enough. He doesn't have that passion.
I do understand what you mean when you say not having the passion. So this has nothing to do with the fact that Myles is singing a song that is close to Marks heart, and is about his mother?

Quote: (Originally Posted by THE LITHIUM) Hayley, I'm sure you'll love it
I'll take your word for it.

Quote: (Originally Posted by THE LITHIUM) you're one of those persons that is open for both Stapp and AB, just as I am.
Yes, damn straight I am.

Quote: (Originally Posted by THE LITHIUM) but Myles sings this with such a passion no one could do it better, and I don't think this song is supposed to be warm. I don't think Stapp sings MOP worm, it's cold, but it matches the words and the song.
Wow, you and Shadow have very different opinions. Obviously this is hard for me to judge because I havent heard the song, but I will defenitly come back to this thread when I have heard the song myself, lol.
And about MOP, it's not a warm album. It's a cold, hard, brutal, beautiful album. There is no warmness to the album at all, and that's what it is supposed to be like. It is very cold in a humble way.

Quote: (Originally Posted by WhatsUrCreed) ODR is a decent effort at a good album...it doesnt compare to what creed took 10 years to achieve...
No offense, but I think it's stupid how you can compare Creed and Alter Bridge like that. They only have one album, for goodness sakes. Creed have 3, and had been around for a decade. It's just unfair to compare like you just have.

Quote: (Originally Posted by WhatsUrCreed) you cant pretend to have passion for the words you are singing...
That's right. I think that if Myles didn't feel the pasion for that song, he wouldn't have sung it, and he wouldn't have been the one singing on the album for that song. So that goes to show, that he does feel the passion, the feeling, and the song is right for him.

Quote: (Originally Posted by Trees of Wisdom) Alter Bridge would not sell as much as Creed because Alter Bridge don't have an image. Creed had the christian image that helped them sell a lot.
Oh man. Alter Bridge don't have an image yet because they are barley out in the industry! And what do you mean "Creed had the chritian image" Dude, they had no christian image, as far as I saw them. What helped them sell alot was because fans saw the amazing music that they were releasing, and wanted to hear more. Not because of a christian image at all.
Cape Reinga, to the fiords in the south.
Harbour lights in the City of Sails
Aroha, the love that never fails
See the bird with the leaf in her mouth
After the flood all the colours came out.'

- Beautiful Day, Auckland, NZ - 24 Nov 2006
Old 08-08-2004, 02:35 AM   #62
Trees of Wisdom
USER INFO »
Alter Bridge's first video wasn't gimmicky at all, which is a good thing. I think they've joined Audioslave and Velvet Revolver as the best bands out right now.

Creed had religious symbolism in their lyrics and in their videos. And Stapp's christ poses weren't helping, either. A large crowd of christians bought their music, not that that's bad, but I would prefer a rock band to not have a very flashy image as Creed did.

Alter Bridge is a good way to start it all over. And be all about the rock. Rock on!
Old 08-08-2004, 02:56 AM   #63
aussiecreeder
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Trees of Wisdom) Alter Bridge's first video wasn't gimmicky at all, which is a good thing. I think they've joined Audioslave and Velvet Revolver as the best bands out right now.

Creed had religious symbolism in their lyrics and in their videos. And Stapp's christ poses weren't helping, either. A large crowd of christians bought their music, not that that's bad, but I would prefer a rock band to not have a very flashy image as Creed did.

Alter Bridge is a good way to start it all over. And be all about the rock. Rock on!

religious symbolism is not a bad thing at all and U2 have large christian fanbase. i like what AB have done and have a more grass roots image, very smart move.
Didn’t have a life.
Didn’t have a life.
But surely saved one.
Alright, now it’s time for us to let you go.

Tool
Wings for Marie
Old 08-08-2004, 04:11 AM   #64
hayley
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via MSN to hayley Send a message via Yahoo to hayley
Quote: (Originally Posted by Trees of Wisdom) Creed had religious symbolism in their lyrics and in their videos. And Stapp's christ poses weren't helping, either.
That's true, I agree with you there. But it's just so easy for people to blow everything out of proportion, I mean one Christ pose from Stapp and, "Oh my God, Creed are a christan band!" It's just stupid, and it still gets me angry to this day.

Quote: (Originally Posted by handmedown) i like what AB have done and have a more grass roots image, very smart move.
What does "grass roots" mean?
Cape Reinga, to the fiords in the south.
Harbour lights in the City of Sails
Aroha, the love that never fails
See the bird with the leaf in her mouth
After the flood all the colours came out.'

- Beautiful Day, Auckland, NZ - 24 Nov 2006
Old 08-08-2004, 07:47 AM   #65
aussiecreeder
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Alter_Rocker) That's true, I agree with you there. But it's just so easy for people to blow everything out of proportion, I mean one Christ pose from Stapp and, "Oh my God, Creed are a christan band!" It's just stupid, and it still gets me angry to this day.

What does "grass roots" mean?

oh sorry grass roots must be aussie slang which i never realised.

down to earth?
not pompous?
down with the people?
connected with the fans?
Didn’t have a life.
Didn’t have a life.
But surely saved one.
Alright, now it’s time for us to let you go.

Tool
Wings for Marie
Old 08-08-2004, 09:09 AM   #66
TremontiRx
USER INFO »
If you want to continue to compare Alter Bridge to Creed ( ), then at least look at it this way. When Creed was at the point in their career that AB is at now, did they have a song charting at Bilboard, a video charting at VH1, message boards abuzz online, etc....without even having released a CD yet?

Yes, I realize that AB has a history that Creed lacked, but for some to say that AB will never succeed like Creed did is ludicrous. There's simply no way to know that. Based on what they've achieved so far, they're outpacing Creed by a longshot.

Now I know that my comparison is ridiculous, but so are all the others. Why does it have to be such a contest?
Old 08-08-2004, 12:00 PM   #67
Ann Allusion
USER INFO »
Quote: If you want to continue to compare Alter Bridge to Creed ( ), then at least look at it this way. When Creed was at the point in their career that AB is at now, did they have a song charting at Bilboard, a video charting at VH1, message boards abuzz online, etc....without even having released a CD yet?

Creed was A NEW BAND when they started...they had all all the misgivings and the struggles that everyone starting out has to face to take themselves where they wanted to go...AB is like a kid that was born with a silver spoon in their mouth...they don't need to struggle, they have already shown their work as Creed...and already have a following...something that Creed built one fan at a time from total scratch.

as you said, TRX, your compairison is "rediculous" to say the least...people knew going out of the gate that no matter how much AB would say they were a NEW BAND...that they would still be held to their past connections with Creed....and if they didn't realize that these compairisons were going to be made...then that was due to their own ignorance.

Compairisons will continue...whether some people like it or not...time will tell if AB will surpass Creed or not...more than likely, they will be well known for what they do as AB eventually, and i wish good luck to them...but by all appearences...they are still living off their pervious incarnation as Creed...something that Creed didn't have the luxury of doing.
Old 08-08-2004, 12:32 PM   #68
WeatheredWoman
USER INFO »
Great post Ann! I second every word of it...

Souls...
they float like the memories I've opened,
Go...
and kiss all the butterflies I've broken,
Sow...
their wings to the coat of my misfortune,
Grow...
to reach the plains only I have spoken...

The Path ~by~ ManMade God
Old 08-08-2004, 12:42 PM   #69
I'mRational
USER INFO »
AB won't have the same mainstream success that Creed had for one big reason. I'll use an example to begin with. Dream Theater: the greatest prog metal band that has graced this earth has a large cult following but almost zero mainstream recognition. Why? Their music is so difficult to play that it is appealing only to a fan base that is very selective - 90% of the fan base are musicians.

Now, AB isn't prog, but the musicianship is far grander than anything else on radio, the music is much more mature, and the abilities of the musicians outdo their peers played on hard rock radio. AB's fan base is naturally going to become more selective than the Creed fan base. AB is going to be successful, they will sell well, but their music will not be as digestable on radio as Stapp's music.
Old 08-09-2004, 01:14 PM   #70
TremontiRx
USER INFO »
Wow 'Ann'....you managed to make the same points I did, only you took twice the number of words to do so.

Like I said originally, it's ridiculous to compare. Move along.
Old 08-10-2004, 07:07 AM   #71
The Lithium
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by handmedown) seriously it can't be the easiest thing to sing lyrics you didn't write even if you did co-write some of them.

Makr wrote many of the Creed lyrics. Such as Torn and most parts of What's This Life For. I don't think Stapp had a problem singing those!!

"take care of yourselves.
take care of each other.
fuck gorge w. bush!
good night"
--corey taylor