++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 11-06-2002, 12:49 PM   #16
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
I've been to one show, in Cincinnati, and though the ages varied greatly--I saw a lot of parents with their teen kids, youngsters and oldsters-- the racial mix did not. Most were Caucasian, at least from where I sat.
Old 11-06-2002, 12:51 PM   #17
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
That audience was definitely tailor-made.

SP: Actually, we are setting that up.

MT: It was in your contract when you signed up with us.

Old 11-06-2002, 04:15 PM   #18
allison
USER INFO »
The vast majority, if not all, of the people I have seen at Creed shows have been white. I was surprised to see some black girls in the front row last night. And they appeared to be singing every word!

But I did not think the crowd was much better looking than average. I expected they would have been a "prettier" group with all those requirements by VH1.

No, Marcos, thank YOU!
Old 11-06-2002, 05:14 PM   #19
kerm3
USER INFO »
WHATS IT MATTER WHAT RACE GOES OR IS GOING TO SEE A SHOW!
Old 11-06-2002, 05:22 PM   #20
JenRN
USER INFO »
Out of the 4 shows I have seen this summer the majority were white people. And no KERM3 it does not matter what race they are we are jsut stating facts about the VH1 show being different! As far as pretty people being in the front, I really did not notice? I guess I was watching STAPP and MARK too much! What is the deal with VH1 anyways? Are they that shallow? Well I guess it was in CA, they seem to get into that there!

~Lenny Kravitz
"Baptized"
Old 11-06-2002, 06:16 PM   #21
CreedJeff
USER INFO »
This is my first post here, so be gentle! I just wanted to let everyone know that I am a 32 year old male who has been lucky enough to see Creed 13 times to date. One of those times was Alcatraz. Just to clarify, there were people brought in to be in the front of the stage.There were chairs set up starting about 15 feet from the stage and a group of "beautiful people" were brought in to stand in front of those chairs. That did not stop us from going right to the front when Creed came on, but I guess my ugly 32 year old mug did not make the cut, because I only saw my hands on VH-1 last night. Sorry for the novel. Till next time, See ya!

Jeff
Old 11-06-2002, 07:46 PM   #22
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by kerm3
WHATS IT MATTER WHAT RACE GOES OR IS GOING TO SEE A SHOW!

It doesn't matter. We were just commenting on the make-up because of the VH1 contest looking for "beautiful people" to stack up front for TV, that's all.
Old 11-06-2002, 09:13 PM   #23
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by CreedJeff
<b>This is my first post here, so be gentle! I just wanted to let everyone know that I am a 32 year old male who has been lucky enough to see Creed 13 times to date. One of those times was Alcatraz. Just to clarify, there were people brought in to be in the front of the stage.There were chairs set up starting about 15 feet from the stage and a group of "beautiful people" were brought in to stand in front of those chairs. That did not stop us from going right to the front when Creed came on, but I guess my ugly 32 year old mug did not make the cut, because I only saw my hands on VH-1 last night. Sorry for the novel. Till next time, See ya!

Jeff </b>
Welcome CreedJeff! Glad to have you here. I am so jealous of you, you've seen them 10 times more than I will have after Sunday's show!! Thank you very much for the clarification on the 'beautiful people' dilemma. We have been going back and forth on the issue so it's good to hear first hand what the real deal was. Hope you liked the concert and I'm glad you got to get up close and personal. I saw your hands, they definitley deserved to be up front!!:lol: Stick around for awhile!

SP: Actually, we are setting that up.

MT: It was in your contract when you signed up with us.

Old 11-07-2002, 04:05 AM   #24
souldancer
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by TeriB19
<b>Equality for the elderly!! I say they should hold a concert for the over 30 crowd only!! (j/k)
Hey, WHY The "j/k"? I think WE should have our own show - and get some astro turf or rubber mats in the pit!

I saw some not so pretty people, and a wide range of ethnicities as well. That's something I didn't see at my previous shows. Does anyone have any input on their own experiences? </b>
My exposure has only been at Vegas and Calif.,..have seen a VERY white crowd, mostly young 20s, pretty equal male and female, maybe more females, especially in the front of the GA line. There are also some families and OLDER ones too. I have been approached by some extreme bible preaching folks with flyers that are at the concert doing some 'saving' and missionary work. I find creed fans are mostly SUPER PEOPLE! But then again, what should we expect?
Old 11-07-2002, 10:30 AM   #25
JenRN
USER INFO »
WELCOME CREEDJEFF!!! Wow you have seen them a lot! We are all so jealous of you! I going to be 30 in less than a month and let me tell you I am on a mission, next time they go on tour, I have to beat my current 4 times on the weathered tour! I feel so damn awesome when I was in the pit on the rail, it was like I was in a dream land. And the best part is being there with thousands of people that share the same feeling! Although a private concert would be unbelievable to! Anyways welcome, we are a bunch of awesome Creed lovers!!!!!

~Lenny Kravitz
"Baptized"
Old 11-07-2002, 11:57 AM   #26
allison
USER INFO »
Welcome, Jeff. And thanks for the real scoop. Were the "beautiful" people they brought in the ones who had to submit pictures beforehand?

No, Marcos, thank YOU!
Old 11-07-2002, 02:40 PM   #27
CreedJeff
USER INFO »
Hello again everyone,
Thank you for making me feel welcome. In answer to Allisons question, we all figured that those were the people who had to submit pictures, but we also heard that the reason those people might not have seemed so "beautiful", was because once Creed had "cancelled" their appearance, VH1 was having a hard time filling the spots for the Wallflowers. Well, for anyone going to the show in Phoenix, see you in the Pit!

Jeff
Old 11-07-2002, 03:20 PM   #28
kerm3
USER INFO »
HAY JEFF GLAD YOU JOINED! YOU GOT ME BEET TOO. DID YOU ALL GET TO MEET THEM? SEEMS LIKE WEST COAST HAD MORE SHOW TO GO SEE THIS YEAR. I HEARD THAT NEXT TIME CREED TOURS THAT THEY WILL START ON THE WEST COAST. HOPE TO HEAR MORE FROM YOU JEFF!