++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 11-20-2003, 10:49 PM   #16
hide
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
For sure do you think they'll at least do Letterman and the like after they release the antholgy? I'm really hoping they do, i'll at least be able to watch them on late night tv. A 2005 tour is possible, they both release solo albums by June, Antholgy from November-December and a tour in the early start of the year for most of that year. Then head to the studio for a studio album in 2006. But wo 5 years between studio albums is way too long even if we do get some new songs next year!
Old 11-20-2003, 10:52 PM   #17
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
It depends on what their situation is. I'm really not optimistic that they'll stay together, but that's just me. I doubt they would do a talk show...too many questions, I think. I don't think they'd do a tour without releasing a studio album first. I think they like when people know all their songs.
Old 11-20-2003, 10:58 PM   #18
hide
USER INFO »
that is true but they would have just released an album granted most is old stuff but people would know all the songs, they would have time to learn the unreleased stuff and any new material.

I still think they will stay together, we shouldn't listen to people from bulletin boards who are probably talking out of their buts! LOL

They wouldn't have to do an interview just play to end the show! You would hope by then they would be desperate to play some live gigs, after only limited touring with their solo albums. Mark fronting a band would be weird I hope he shows some charisma. And Scott with guitar in hand that would a little strange as well.
Old 11-20-2003, 11:03 PM   #19
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Heheh, Mark is nuts when he plays live...Headbanging and making all kinds of guitar-playing faces. It's awesome. I know I shouldn't get into all the rumors and all, but that e-mail from WindUp did nothing but make me suspicious. Me thinks the label doth protest too much. Plus, the timing, after all the rumors and inquiries...I don't know..if this was in the works for so long, why wasn't it announced sooner? This whole thing smacks of contractual obligations and a bit premature for an anthology. That's what AIC had to do to fulfill it's deal with Sony Columbia
Old 11-20-2003, 11:09 PM   #20
hide
USER INFO »
I'm not sure but I think Wind-Up just handles thing fairly badly eg: CreedInk(not sure if this ran at all by Wind-Up), the DVD etc: Perhaps Scott and Mark seeked to do solo albums and Wind-Up wanted another studio album from Creed. Creed seeked to put out unreleased tracks anyhow and a compromise was found in this anthology.
Old 11-20-2003, 11:16 PM   #21
Mulletman
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Scott cant do anything but sing, his vocal talent out weighs his musical composition. So no matter what he does, it'll sound like "Creed" or Pearl Jam, or whatever the hell you want to call it...

Aperently Mark is going metal, whooptie-fuckin-do. As long as he doesnt go into the deep, dark, ludicrusly low tune down guitars (korn, metallica, Cold, Evanescence) its ok with me. Keep in mind he made Creed and Creed made him, so something to experimental might have him losing some of his fan base. I would assume Scott and Brett would be with him. Am I the only one here who would like to see Brett sing?
Old 11-20-2003, 11:27 PM   #22
hide
USER INFO »
no your certainly not the only one I would really love to have Brett sing not only live but in the studio as well. I'm hoping rather then expecting Brett to be in the studio with Creed and he'll write one track and take lead vocals.

Scott can play a bit of guitar but I assume this album is going to be full of ballads, so very unlike Creed.
Old 11-20-2003, 11:29 PM   #23
hide
USER INFO »
as for Scott and Brett been with him I assume that Mark will be playing every instrument on his solo album while Scott will have a backing band, but will of course write all the music. If they both tour their albums I'm not sure who will be touring with who.
Old 11-20-2003, 11:29 PM   #24
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
I'd like to hear Brett sing to. He did a decent job on backup vocals during the Weathered tour. He has decent stage presence, too.

Mullet, I'm with you. I hope it doesn't sound like Korn or Cold or whatever. He can develop a signature sound and kind of already has with Creed.
Old 11-20-2003, 11:33 PM   #25
hide
USER INFO »
Brett has done a fantastic job with Virgos he's certainly a better vocalist then Mark. I think it will sound somewhat like "The Troy Stetina Project". Mark did write quite a bit of music so perhaps a mix of that and Creed's sound. He won't be writing too many ballads, for two reasons I don't think he likes them too much and he doesn't want his voice to be the sole focus.
Old 11-20-2003, 11:41 PM   #26
hide
USER INFO »
Oh Dogstar and others i'll just pass on some exiting news so true and others rumour!

Rumour-Three members of Soundgarden are in Vancouver in the studio, possibly working on an anthology or b-sides that has been discussed for quite a while.

Rumour-Van Halen will return in 2004 with Sammy Hager on Lead Vocals-source is MelodicRock.com.

Confirmed-Pete Townsend and Roger Daltry are in the studio with Zak Starkey and others recording another project, not sure if new material will be labelled "Who" material.
Old 11-20-2003, 11:54 PM   #27
facelessman
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to facelessman Send a message via MSN to facelessman
<!--QuoteBegin-hide+11-20-2003 11:33 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (hide @ 11-20-2003 11:33 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> Brett has done a fantastic job with Virgos he's certainly a better vocalist then Mark. I think it will sound somewhat like "The Troy Stetina Project". Mark did write quite a bit of music so perhaps a mix of that and Creed's sound. He won't be writing too many ballads, for two reasons I don't think he likes them too much and he doesn't want his voice to be the sole focus. [/b][/quote]
yeah
and ive seen more guts on 11 year old kids.
Have another drink and drive yourself home
I hope theres ice on all the roads
and think of me when you forget your seatbelt
and again when your head goes through the windshield.
Seventy Times Seven- Brand new
Old 11-21-2003, 12:45 AM   #28
Mulletman
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
<!--QuoteBegin-Dogstar+11-20-2003 10:29 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Dogstar @ 11-20-2003 10:29 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> I'd like to hear Brett sing to. He did a decent job on backup vocals during the Weathered tour. He has decent stage presence, too. [/b][/quote]
yea Brett brought something to the band that Creed never had, back up vocals. he did bring alot of new stuff to the band. albeit he never did write any new material, he brought a bunch of much needed presence to the band. Right when it felt the band was getting better than ever, they fucked it up.
Old 11-21-2003, 12:57 AM   #29
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
LOL, hide!! :lol:

They did indeed, Mullet...It's a shame.
Old 11-21-2003, 12:58 AM   #30
hide
USER INFO »
well we don't know if they have, so many are placing their faith in rumours that don't stake up. They should really do these solo albums in between albums in their own time and make Creed are higher priority. But I don't believe that Creed has broken up!