++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Music Matters
Today's Posts «

Old 05-04-2003, 03:01 AM   #1
m3lissa
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Mtv Icon Metallica

MTV 2 will be airing MTV ICON METALLICA this tuesday, musicians of different genre will be covering metallica songs. last year Aerosmith was the MTV ICON and Train did an amazing cover of 'Dream on'. It would be great to see Creed say a few words about metallica this year or maybe perform one of their songs
'Unforgiven' or 'Bleeding me' maybe?

for those of you who are Metallica fans, the show will air this tuesday at 9 central

http://www.mtv.com/onair/icon/metallica/

Old 05-04-2003, 03:38 AM   #2
Lechium
USER INFO »
Can they sellout even more? I heard Avril gonan sing their cover? When artists become salesmen that makes me fucking sick.
Old 05-04-2003, 03:42 AM   #3
m3lissa
USER INFO »
yeah i know what you mean, Slash might do a cover too..that would be interesting
Old 05-04-2003, 04:00 AM   #4
Said Eyes
USER INFO »
I know! Its imcredibly bad when someone wants to make a career out of music and not live in poverty... It makes me sick to my bones when a tv show wants to celebrate a band as big as Metallica. They should call them Selloutica!

Run back to your indie record store, Lechium, I'm sure there you'll be able to find some stuff that noone has ever heard of or likes.

And stop kidding yourself, all musicians want people to hear their music. They are all salesmen. If they weren't, you wouldn't have heard it because they'd be just playing it to and for themselves.
Old 05-04-2003, 04:26 AM   #5
Lechium
USER INFO »
Heh guess I didnt make myself clear.
I dont mind a big show. I dont mind celebrating them. But why Avril? I mean get some big names of metal to celebrate Metallica. Napalm Death? Fine. Megadeath? Defently should be there. Pop punk wannabe girl, however? Oh please...

P.S. Yeah most are salesmen to a point. And I dont mind, as long as they're moslty musicians...
Old 05-04-2003, 05:03 AM   #6
luvscott4ever
USER INFO »
Call me Stupid, I may not be quite sure what you guys are talking about, but if I'm reading this right, sounds like Avril is going to be doing some song/songs of Metallica!! Well, if that is that case, I think I'm gonna hafta Her, do a Metallica song...give me a break...but I will say, I saw Disturbed Friday nite and they did Fade To Black and it was AWESOME!! David sounded sooo good on this song and the rest of the band sounded just like Metallica..if I didn't know it was Disturbed, I would have thought Metallica was in the house!! God I love Disturbed!!!

I'll give you everything I am, And still fall short of what you've done for me..Creed (what I would say to Creed, if given a chance)

Is she not right? Is she insane?..(They must be singing about me!! lol) Disturbed
Old 05-04-2003, 04:17 PM   #7
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
help me get it straight:

Is or isnīt Creed on it ?

I heard Avril is too... I saw on a news site...
Old 05-04-2003, 10:47 PM   #8
Unforgiven Fan
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Unforgiven Fan Send a message via Yahoo to Unforgiven Fan
you guys...you make me laugh..by your definition they sellout but they are doing what they want to do and they have earned that much credit to do what they want. Yes having avril cover song sounds bad but in a broad musical scope it shows how far metallica's influence has reached. if they did sell out, then so what...as long as the music sounds good then it is no big deal. yes their sound may change but they are only humans and humans grow and change and that is one point that everybody needs to get across.......
Old 05-04-2003, 10:51 PM   #9
Lechium
USER INFO »
Last two albums did not sound good, however long eprics were subsituted by more radio friendly 3-4 minute song with standart structure... so yeah music did suffer latley.
Old 05-04-2003, 11:04 PM   #10
Unforgiven Fan
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Unforgiven Fan Send a message via Yahoo to Unforgiven Fan
the old metallica was full of riffs and chords that were not nessararly needed for the song....they can make the same statement in a 5 min song as a 7 or long min song...if their style is more radio friendly then it is their choice. In my opinon I like load and reload more than the other albums but metallica's fan base is broad so it will include a lot of different views...
Old 05-05-2003, 12:56 AM   #11
Lechium
USER INFO »
You can make a statement with 3 chords song on a single accustic guitar.. hell you can just beat drum and speak your mind, and that would be a valid statement too. Hell you can write it on a piece of paper.
They used to be interesting and original, now they are very ordinary.
Old 05-05-2003, 03:05 AM   #12
Said Eyes
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by Lechium
Heh guess I didnt make myself clear.
I dont mind a big show. I dont mind celebrating them. But why Avril? I mean get some big names of metal to celebrate Metallica. Napalm Death? Fine. Megadeath? Defently should be there. Pop punk wannabe girl, however? Oh please...

P.S. Yeah most are salesmen to a point. And I dont mind, as long as they're moslty musicians...

Fair enough I guess, however am I right Metallica didn't organise it? If they did then theres something a bit off, but if its a MTV thing, then I'm not surprised in the slightest that Ms Lavigne is going to be playing. Shakira did a song for Aerosmith, primarily because she was the it thing back then. Now the new it is Avril, it doesn't take rocket science to work that out.

Would Megadeath even want to play at Metallica? I was under the impression things still aren't rosey between Mustaine and Metallica.
Old 05-05-2003, 03:16 AM   #13
hide_tremonti
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by N30°14'?.7 W84°
help me get it straight:

Is or isnīt Creed on it ?

No, they aren't performing.

Old 05-05-2003, 06:14 AM   #14
Lechium
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by Said Eyes
Fair enough I guess, however am I right Metallica didn't organise it? If they did then theres something a bit off, but if its a MTV thing, then I'm not surprised in the slightest that Ms Lavigne is going to be playing. Shakira did a song for Aerosmith, primarily because she was the it thing back then. Now the new it is Avril, it doesn't take rocket science to work that out.

Would Megadeath even want to play at Metallica? I was under the impression things still aren't rosey between Mustaine and Metallica.

Yeah but its Metallica Icon, so if they put their foot down, and say that they want Napalm Death instead of Avril than probably they will get Napalm Death doing cover, and Avril just giving speech.
Actually, Sharika is pretty cool cuz she writes her own stuff... there's tonns of hype around her, but she is a decent musician beneth it all.
Old 05-05-2003, 01:03 PM   #15
farmgirl
USER INFO »
Currently:
I like Metallica. I hate the term "sell-out" though. I think a band should be able to do what they want without being called a sell-out. After all this time, I think they've earned that right.

I do not agree ,however, on Avril doing a Metallica cover. I just can't see it. I don't mind her music, but she isn't punk like some in the media label her and she sure isn't metal.

Should be interesting to see though!

Rose

(I didn't get tix to the Summer Sanitarium tour, so sad, )