++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Music Matters
Today's Posts «

Old 12-21-2004, 08:21 PM   #16
aussiecreeder
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
if it wasen't for the success of rage against the machine we probably wouldn't have being lumped with acts like korn and limp bizkit or linkin park for that matter. the question is would i be willing to forsake ratm so a few bands i don't really like would have never made the airwaves? if there is not ratm then no audioslave either. i think the answer is no......
Didn’t have a life.
Didn’t have a life.
But surely saved one.
Alright, now it’s time for us to let you go.

Tool
Wings for Marie
Old 12-26-2004, 09:32 PM   #17
JulieCitySlicker
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by RMadd) change any point in rock history? well, i'd stop whatever it was that made music begin to suck in the late '90s and thus far this millennium. and, unrelated to rock, i'd have aborted all the members of backstreet boys, nsync, and all those other gay little dance-pop groups before they were born.
alone
All I know
I still got mountains to climb
on my own

Enough To Let Me Go-Switchfoot
Old 12-26-2004, 09:47 PM   #18
Wylde-Tremonti
USER INFO »
I think i would Stop all the Pop Punk bands from getting popular... i dunno how... guess Greenday would be a Major Target...

I'm just sick of this whole trend...

Jesus + Guitars = Life
Old 12-26-2004, 10:52 PM   #19
aussiecreeder
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Wylde-Tremonti) I think i would Stop all the Pop Punk bands from getting popular... i dunno how... guess Greenday would be a Major Target...

I'm just sick of this whole trend...

but green day are a good band IMO. the bands that start the trends for the most part are good. its the second and third generation bands that suck........
Didn’t have a life.
Didn’t have a life.
But surely saved one.

Tool
Wings for Marie
Old 12-26-2004, 10:57 PM   #20
Wylde-Tremonti
USER INFO »
No... don't like Green day... buncha Anti-Patriot whiners...

Jesus + Guitars = Life
Old 12-26-2004, 11:15 PM   #21
aussiecreeder
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Wylde-Tremonti) No... don't like Green day... buncha Anti-Patriot whiners...

*sigh*
anti-government is anti-patriot? that is bullcrap.......
anyhow who cares AI is one of the best albums of the year......
Didn’t have a life.
Didn’t have a life.
But surely saved one.

Tool
Wings for Marie
Old 12-27-2004, 04:13 AM   #22
SmilinSkullRing
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by aussiecreeder) *sigh*
anti-government is anti-patriot? that is bullcrap.......
anyhow who cares AI is one of the best albums of the year......
Bullcrap for sure.

One of the most patriotic things you can do is question your government when they are wrong. Or at the very least you think they are unjust and wrong.
The less I find that I understand" ~ Porcupine Tree

http://www.last.fm/user/SmilinSkullRing/
Old 12-27-2004, 07:27 PM   #23
aussiecreeder
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by SmilinSkullRing) Bullcrap for sure.

One of the most patriotic things you can do is question your government when they are wrong. Or at the very least you think they are unjust and wrong.

thank you smilinskullring a voice of reason! this could turn into another political discussion (probably too late) but this is too important to let go for the sake of being nice. if you don't question them then that is an unpatriotic thing to do. corruption is the end result and you simply become a sheep. democracy is a great system if everyone is involved and not simply voting for the same party you always have on election day every 3 or 4 years and otherwise not care. i am no leftie by any stretch of the imagination but this unpatriotic nonsense is just bullcrap.

think of all the great people who have stood up the establishment over the years and what wouldn't have happened if they kept quiet;

martin luther
martin luther king jnr.
the list goes on......
Didn’t have a life.
Didn’t have a life.
But surely saved one.

Tool
Wings for Marie
Old 12-27-2004, 07:43 PM   #24
SmilinSkullRing
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by aussiecreeder) thank you smilinskullring a voice of reason! this could turn into another political discussion (probably too late) but this is too important to let go for the sake of being nice. if you don't question them then that is an unpatriotic thing to do. corruption is the end result and you simply become a sheep. democracy is a great system if everyone is involved and not simply voting for the same party you always have on election day every 3 or 4 years and otherwise not care. i am no leftie by any stretch of the imagination but this unpatriotic nonsense is just bullcrap.

think of all the great people who have stood up the establishment over the years and what wouldn't have happened if they kept quiet;

martin luther
martin luther king jnr.
the list goes on......
Exactly. You said it. And it's good to see someone who doesn't consider themselves liberal/progressive saying this. I have a hard time finding people that will say this unless they are considered liberal/progressive.

Old 12-27-2004, 07:50 PM   #25
creedsister
USER INFO »
High Enuff~~Damn Yankes
Hush child I,ll tell you why you have Loved Me when you were weak you have given me unselfishly Kept you From Falling Falling everywhere But Your Kness you set me free to live my life you become my Reason To Survive The Great Divide you Set Me Free Ooh Our Love Is Beautiful Ooh isn,t This Beautiful Child It Seems You Have Been My Everything
Old 12-27-2004, 07:52 PM   #26
Wylde-Tremonti
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by SmilinSkullRing) Bullcrap for sure.

You know... I think it's also Patriotic to Question other people's Questioning... BIllie Joe Is A Douche who's just trying to follow the "Bush Sucks America Sucks" Trend... If you lived in a Punk Town like St. Louis you'd know it's nothing but a way to attract an audience... It's not Patriotism... it's greed.

Jesus + Guitars = Life
Old 12-27-2004, 07:58 PM   #27
aussiecreeder
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by SmilinSkullRing) Exactly. You said it. And it's good to see someone who doesn't consider themselves liberal/progressive saying this. I have a hard time finding people that will say this unless they are considered liberal/progressive.

if you ever visit the "moving train" at synergy you would know i'm no leftie!

wylde bands like green day just didn't discover a political conscience for this album. its more out there because they feel the need to spread a message. a perfect circle (great band) is another example. maynard's political views have always being well known but his music generally kept it veiled somewhat and a bit below the surface. even someone like bruce springsteen got political and this is the man who sang "born in the usa" which btw is a very different song to what most people think when they hear the chorus.

i am a major pearl jam fan but i disagree with ed's political views almost entirely. that doesn't mean i think he's unpatriotic or that his views don't count for something. he is just another voice and his opinion isn't anymore valid than anyone else who has bothered to educate themselves. what i don't respect is people on both sides of the ideological fence just blindly following the party lines.
Didn’t have a life.
Didn’t have a life.
But surely saved one.

Tool
Wings for Marie
Old 12-27-2004, 08:33 PM   #28
SmilinSkullRing
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Wylde-Tremonti) You know... I think it's also Patriotic to Question other people's Questioning... BIllie Joe Is A Douche who's just trying to follow the "Bush Sucks America Sucks" Trend... If you lived in a Punk Town like St. Louis you'd know it's nothing but a way to attract an audience... It's not Patriotism... it's greed.
I don't know that. He could have easily thought this was an important time to let his voice be heard loud and clear.

Old 12-27-2004, 08:34 PM   #29
SmilinSkullRing
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by aussiecreeder) what i don't respect is people on both sides of the ideological fence just blindly following the party lines.

Old 12-27-2004, 08:52 PM   #30
Wylde-Tremonti
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by SmilinSkullRing) I don't know that. He could have easily thought this was an important time to let his voice be heard loud and clear.
Maybe... but that's not how i see it... but that's just from my personal experience... in my High School it seems to be kool to be anti-bush... people how have no idea about anything political... I don't pretend to be wise in the ways of Politics... I don't really follow them. I just don't think it's kool to use Music as a Propoganda machine... which is what so many punk bands seem to be doing...

Jesus + Guitars = Life