++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 05-24-2004, 11:21 PM   #31
Echelon122
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
I think Flip basically said it by joining Mark...but that's just my take on it.

So if WU never says "Creed is over" people will still think they are???

bahhhh bahhhh

I might be a newbie here, but I've been
around a long time.
Old 05-24-2004, 11:24 PM   #32
creedman
USER INFO »
for a creed website their is a hell of a lot of Creed Haters! You would almost think it is a Limp Biz site! Go Figure!
Old 05-24-2004, 11:29 PM   #33
johellion
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by velocityidp) If Alterbridge wasn't all of the ORIGINAL Creed members (minus Stapp), I might agree with you. But the fact that Mark and Scott have formed a new band, and that Brian has come back to the band in Stapp's absence is just too telling.

This is not a "Tremonti side project," it's a whole new band. Furthermore, its members consist of all the founding Creed members, with Stapp replaced by Kennedy.

Don't fool yourself, my friend. Don't expect to hear "Creed" for a very, very long time, if ever. Especially if Alterbridge is sucessful.

I think you are on the right track DUDE!!! and oHHHHHHHHH Well............To alot of folks...its JUST AN ILLUSION!!!! LOL
Old 05-25-2004, 12:00 AM   #34
Wylde-Tremonti
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by creedman) for a creed website their is a hell of a lot of Creed Haters! You would almost think it is a Limp Biz site! Go Figure!
Who EXACTLY are you directing that to????
How Dare You Fucking Call Us Creed Haters.
We Can't Help It That Creed Isn't Together Anymore. Excuse Us For Facing Reality.

Jesus + Guitars = Life
Old 05-25-2004, 04:39 AM   #35
hayley
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via MSN to hayley Send a message via Yahoo to hayley
Quote: (Originally Posted by b3sevendust) INow, until I hear an offical statement reguarding the bands future together, I'm going to still believe that Creed is still together.
What do you think SOLO means?
Cape Reinga, to the fiords in the south.
Harbour lights in the City of Sails
Aroha, the love that never fails
See the bird with the leaf in her mouth
After the flood all the colours came out.'

- Beautiful Day, Auckland, NZ - 24 Nov 2006
Old 05-25-2004, 09:11 AM   #36
WeatheredWoman
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by johellion) I think you are on the right track DUDE!!! and oHHHHHHHHH Well............To alot of folks...its JUST AN ILLUSION!!!! LOL

So you are tellin' us with this very clear reply, and for knowing that you are Brian Marshall's aunt, that as far as you know it... CREED is done for sure!!

Thnx for the info!

Souls...
they float like the memories I've opened,
Go...
and kiss all the butterflies I've broken,
Sow...
their wings to the coat of my misfortune,
Grow...
to reach the plains only I have spoken...

The Path ~by~ ManMade God
Old 05-25-2004, 09:13 AM   #37
b3sevendust
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by addicted2stapp) What do you think SOLO means?

Lemme ask you this "smart one" How many bands had members of their go out and put out a "solo album" Pretty much all of TOOL has another band they can fall back on. Trent Reznor was going to do another band with Maynard, but due to the contrasting arguments of there record labels, it's been put on permanent hiadis.. (Tapeworm was the name of that band) So the members of Creed are doing other things, aint the first time a band member has done this. So ya, while you people go and jump the gun and constantly bicker at everyone who doesn't believe the bullshit you want to feed us about Creed is done, nevermore.. and the bullshit about there record label being another excuse for you people to find that they are no more, then go ahead, but I'm still not going to believe some dumbass fan who is just saying it because they don't like Creed as much as the next person. So, you can continue to say "Oh they went solo because Creed broke, bitch bitch bitch, blah blah blah, wah wah wah." Say it as much as you want, but there is still no concrete substantional evidence that proves into your favor.

And as far as TOOL and Creed being different, obviously they are, but both bands have outside the band projects, so in a sense, its the same damn thing. And how many times did people think METALLICA was dead?? Well, proved you guys wrong, they're still around, and still kickin ass! I saw them little under a month ago w/ GODSMACK killer show.
Old 05-25-2004, 12:25 PM   #38
Wylde-Tremonti
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by b3sevendust) but I'm still not going to believe some dumbass fan who is just saying it because they don't like Creed as much as the next person. So, you can continue to say "Oh they went solo because Creed broke, bitch bitch bitch, blah blah blah, wah wah wah."

Listen Dude... You're obviously New here...
All the Stuff about Creed Breaking up Didn't Just come From "Some Dumbass Fan"... It's Come from Several who have talked to Mark At Meet N Greets and at NAMM... These people that are Respected Memebers Of this Board, and I think You Should Respect Them Aswell.

Jesus + Guitars = Life
Old 05-25-2004, 12:38 PM   #39
RockGoddess
USER INFO »
I don't wish to perpetuate this argument, but I'm genuinely interested in people's opinions:

At what point do you consider a band having broken up? If they are seperated for a year, two years....... what about 10? Let's say for arguments sake that Creed gets back together 10 years from now. Were they broken up? Were they not? At what point do you call it "done"?.

To those that say they are and to those that say they aren't, how do you put in perspective? What's your take on it?
Old 05-25-2004, 12:56 PM   #40
Steve
Administrator
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Steve Send a message via MSN to Steve
I'd probably say 3 years maybe? Sometimes bands take a year off which doesn't mean they broke up. Other times things just happen. One band from my city comes to mind - The Gufs. They were signed to a major label and toured with Matchbox Twenty a while ago among other bands. After 3 CDs they were dropped. They continued to play shows here locally but for the most part were "taking a break" and getting on with their normal lives. Now the lead singer has released a solo album. In recent interviews when asked about The Gufs he has said that by no means they are broken up. They are still a band and wish to continue playing together. It's just that each member has been concentrating on their families for the time being. One got married, another had a child, etc. etc. They are simply taking some personal time for themselves and when they are ready, they will write and release a new CD.

I'm not using this story to equate to Creed and Alter Bridge, but just using it to answer the generalized question RockGoddess asked.

The things that I've loved the things that I've lost
The things I've held sacred that I've dropped
I won't lie no more you can bet
I don't want to learn what I'll need to forget
- Audioslave, "Doesn't Remind Me"
Old 05-25-2004, 04:16 PM   #41
Echelon122
USER INFO »
Quote: Let's say for arguments sake that Creed gets back together 10 years from now. Were they broken up? Were they not? At what point do you call it "done"?.

For me, when a band isn't activly recording and has no plans to in the forseeable future...it's a break up. I never view "Break up" as permanant though. Some of my favorite bands have "broken up" only to reunite 4-10+ years down the line...Moody Blues, Eagles, Fleetwood Mac...heck, even the Monkees LOL.

As for actually done...I dunno....I think every band is different, and it'd always depend on the circumstances. I know people thought the Eagles were DONE for the longest time, cause of the huge conflicts between people. But after a long time they figured it out. Anything is possible.

around a long time.
Old 05-25-2004, 06:10 PM   #42
hayley
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via MSN to hayley Send a message via Yahoo to hayley
Quote: (Originally Posted by b3sevendust) Lemme ask you this "smart one"
Don't mouth off at me.

Quote: (Originally Posted by b3sevendust) Pretty much all of TOOL has another band they can fall back on.
Geez, give it a rest with the Tool crap, would you? They are TOOL, this is CREED. A difference, different band, different situation.

Quote: (Originally Posted by b3sevendust) So the members of Creed are doing other things, aint the first time a band member has done this.
Yeah no shit, but I'm just saying that this could be a totally different situation for all we know.

Quote: (Originally Posted by b3sevendust) Say it as much as you want, but there is still no concrete substantional evidence that proves into your favor.
We are just facing reatlity, unlike you.

Quote: (Originally Posted by b3sevendust) And as far as TOOL and Creed being different, obviously they are, but both bands have outside the band projects, so in a sense, its the same damn thing.
Right, yeah, totally the same.
Cape Reinga, to the fiords in the south.
Harbour lights in the City of Sails
Aroha, the love that never fails
See the bird with the leaf in her mouth
After the flood all the colours came out.'

- Beautiful Day, Auckland, NZ - 24 Nov 2006
Old 05-26-2004, 06:32 PM   #43
b3sevendust
USER INFO »
Thank you oh so much for picking apart my response and making it the pinicle of your day, I'm so glad people like to take the time to take my responses apart as if it were a puzzle! And as far as me dissrespecting anyone, Did I once say someones name and disrespect them? Honestly, did I? No! Alls I said was "dumbass fan" Not once did I disrespect someone of the higher athority that I could give a rats ass about in the first place, your taking a someones word against someone elses, How about we just wait until someone from the band, goes on camera, or the record company releases a statement reguarding the future of Creed.. Until then, all the nay sayers can bitch and moan and groan and protest otherwise, but without the concrete evidence that they can prove otherwise.. *raises middle finger* Take that and stick it up your ass!

*Note this isnt directed to anyone in particular, so dont take it seriously, and make a big deal about, Thank you*

Oh, and one last thing.. SLIPKNOT VOL. 3 SUBLIMINAL VERSES, IN STORES NOW!!!! The cd kicks major ass, this is deffinetly a matured SLIPKNOT! And they are definetly exploring new terroritory!
Old 05-26-2004, 06:43 PM   #44
Echelon122
USER INFO »
Wow...evidently from band members mouths isn't enough....Yikes.

around a long time.
Old 05-26-2004, 07:11 PM   #45
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by b3sevendust)

*raises middle finger* Take that and stick it up your ass!

Please refrain from this type of crap. You can disagree with anyone you like, but save the obscenities for another board. Thanks.