++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Faith / Religion
Today's Posts «

Old 05-12-2003, 08:42 PM   #31
Wadrick
USER INFO »
Currently:
what makes yo think that God gave everyone free will?
Old 05-12-2003, 10:12 PM   #32
mel!ssa
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
i'm at school right now but i will look that stuff up when i get home and can use the net. i didn't know you had 'posted that answer several times'. If you read my answers to your original 7 questions, you'd know that i don't believe we all go to either heaven or hell after we die. I don't believe in hell at all, and i believe only a select few go to heaven (but that does not mean the rest just die, will explain later if you want)

will try to explain more when i have more time!
Old 05-13-2003, 09:25 AM   #33
Wadrick
USER INFO »
Currently:
yes please explain that theory. do you believe in a purgatory or something like that?

the bible says that those whose names are nto written in the book of life, they will be cast into the lake of fire, where the devil and his serpent are forever and ever and be tormented. that is hell. the people whos names are written n the book of life will enter into heaven to be with Jesus and God forever and ever all throughout eternity.
Old 05-13-2003, 09:36 AM   #34
Wadrick
USER INFO »
Currently:
Quote: Originally posted by mel!ssa
okayyyy, sorry, but you're making it sound like man is free to do what he wants, he has no responsibility, but his wife must stick with him?  Yes the woman was created as a helper to the man, but if Adam had ditched Eve do you think God would be happy?  The marriage vow goes both ways.

Wadrick - believing that the six days were not literal days does not mean you support the theory of evolution.   Why is it impossible for God to have created the earth in six 'lengths of time' as the word 'day' in the original Hebrew can also mean?  Don't assume that everything that's not exactly what you believe is a support for the complete opposite.  And must you be so rudely demanding?  If someone chooses not to post their replies to your little thing, that is no reason to critisize and demean them and accuse them of being ashamed of what they believe in.  Maybe they just don't want to post......?

Well, I disagree with your statement believing that the six days were not literal days does not mean you support the theory of evolution I believe that it does. Theistic evolution allow for a so called "christian to believe in God, and the bible, and believe in evolution. in theistic evolution, the seven nonliteral days, are the same billions of years in the real evolution. I just did a study on evoution by a christian who once was a evolutionist scientist, and he concluded that the so called facts of evoltuon did not add up. I will post them here if you want me to.

do you believe in evolution?
Old 05-13-2003, 09:23 PM   #35
mel!ssa
USER INFO »
No i don't believe in purgatory - not even sure if i know what it is.

When i said 'six days not literal...evolution...etc' i just assumed you would realise that means i do not believe in evolution. Like i said, why is it impossible for God to have created the earth in six lengths of time..etc..? please read all of my posts before you reply.
Old 05-13-2003, 10:34 PM   #36
Wadrick
USER INFO »
Currently:
I did read all your posts. I am not responsible you yor assumptions.

God did not use seven "long days" to creat the earth because principle in the Jewish religion of the week, and the sabbath is the same. God created the universe and everything in it in the first 6 days. on the seventh day, he rested. in the jewish religion, they are supposed to work the first six days and rest on the seventh as God did. If god took millions of years to create the world during the seven "day" periods, then the jews would not be resting on the sevent literal day iof the week, but rather millions of years larter. the principle is the same.

What theisic evoltuioonist believe is true evolution. the seven "nonliteral days" were the millions and billions of years the the evolutionists and Darwin say the span of the creation of the world was. there is not seperate believe system regarding to evolution for theistic evolutionists contrasted with full blown evolutionists.

don't hold me accountable for what you think thnat I think. I can't read your mind...this is the internet. I did read over all your posts.

Does all the above make sense?
Old 05-13-2003, 10:52 PM   #37
Lechium
USER INFO »
Blah blah blah blah blah...
Could you think for a second without refering to the Bible? The way you peple are deadlocked on that book, and are unwilling to think outside of the box (box? mental prison rather) amazes me.
Old 05-14-2003, 12:44 AM   #38
mel!ssa
USER INFO »
Wadrick and i both believe the Bible to be true. Therefore, it is an acceptable source of information when we are discussing our own beliefs regarding, not if the Bible is true or not, but other areas such as evolution.
Old 05-14-2003, 12:57 AM   #39
mel!ssa
USER INFO »
Wadrick - if i say 'why is it impossible for God to have created everything in six "lengths of time" as the original Hebrew word for "day" can also mean?', surely i support creation and not evolution? If i'm giving you evidence for my belief in creation, why do you have to be a mind reader to know i don't believe in evolution?

I was just offended by your question, if i believe in it or not, because i thought i had just clearly established that i don't.

I never said God took millions of years to create everything, just, i believe, not blocks of 24 hours. As for the Jews following the pattern of resting on the seventh day, God is not human. "A million years is as one day to God". He wouldn't have expected humans to work for years, or however long it was, then rest for years, etc. The Jews were humans, therefore they worked and rested in 24hour days, not like God. Don't get mad at me for saying this, this is just what i believe. Just as you have your own beliefs.
Old 05-14-2003, 01:20 AM   #40
creedfan47a
USER INFO »
Purgatory is hell, Missy. :devil:

Lech, could you think for a second without your head up your bum?
Old 05-14-2003, 01:28 AM   #41
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
to make this short, what I believe:

Death & Ressurection
The wages of sin is death. But God, who alone is immortal, will grant eternal life to His redeemed. Until that day death is an unconscious state for all people. When Christ, who is our life, appears, the resurrected righteous and the living righteous will be glorified and caught up to meet their Lord. The second resurrection, the resurrection of the unrighteous, will take place a thousand years later. (Rom. 6:23; 1 Tim. 6:15, 16; Eccl. 9:5, 6; Ps. 146:3, 4; John 11:11-14; Col. 3:4; 1 Cor. 15:51-54; 1 Thess. 4:13-17; John 5:28, 29; Rev. 20:1-10.)

The Millennium and the End of Sin:
The millennium is the thousand-year reign of Christ with His saints in heaven between the first and second resurrections. During this time the wicked dead will be judged; the earth will be utterly desolate, without living human inhabitants, but occupied by Satan and his angels. At its close Christ with His saints and the Holy City will descend from heaven to earth. The unrighteous dead will then be resurrected, and with Satan and his angels will surround the city; but fire from God will consume them and cleanse the earth. The universe will thus be freed of sin and sinners forever. (Rev. 20; 1 Cor. 6:2, 3; Jer. 4:23-26; Rev. 21:1-5; Mal. 4:1; Eze. 28:18, 19.)

The Second Coming of Christ:
The second coming of Christ is the blessed hope of the church, the grand climax of the gospel. The Saviour's coming will be literal, personal, visible, and worldwide. When He returns, the righteous dead will be resurrected, and together with the righteous living will be glorified and taken to heaven, but the unrighteous will die. The almost complete fulfillment of most lines of prophecy, together with the present condition of the world, indicates that Christ's coming is imminent. The time of that event has not been revealed, and we are therefore exhorted to be ready at all times. (Titus 2:13; Heb. 9:28; John 14:1-3; Acts 1:9-11; Matt. 24:14; Rev. 1:7; Matt. 24:43, 44; 1 Thess. 4:13-18; 1 Cor. 15:51-54; 2 Thess. 1:7-10; 2:8; Rev. 14:14-20; 19:11-21; Matt. 24; Mark 13; Luke 21; 2 Tim. 3:1-5; 1 Thess. 5:1-6.)

Creation:
God is Creator of all things, and has revealed in Scripture the authentic account of His creative activity. In six days the Lord made "the heaven and the earth" and all living things upon the earth, and rested on the seventh day of that first week. Thus He established the Sabbath as a perpetual memorial of His completed creative work. The first man and woman were made in the image of God as the crowning work of Creation, given dominion over the world, and charged with responsibility to care for it. When the world was finished it was ``very good,'' declaring the glory of God. (Gen. 1; 2; Ex. 20:8-11; Ps. 19:1-6; 33:6, 9; 104; Heb. 11:3.)
Old 05-14-2003, 01:36 AM   #42
Lechium
USER INFO »
Wadrick and i both believe the Bible to be true.  Therefore, it is an acceptable source of information when we are discussing our own beliefs regarding, not if the Bible is true or not, but other areas such as evolution.

Only problem, however, is that there is like bazillion versions of Bible, so if you're using different ones, you're gonna end up refering to condtradicting "words of God" coming from 2 different books.
Old 05-14-2003, 01:39 AM   #43
mel!ssa
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by creedfan47a
Purgatory is hell, Missy. :devil:

Lech, could you think for a second without your head up your bum?

:lol: :lol:

I thought purgatory was something in between earth and hell, when you're waiting for something... i dunno!

If it's hell, why did Wadrick ask if i believe in purgatory right after i said i don't believe in hell? :mad2 unless he didn't read all of my post again...
Old 05-14-2003, 01:41 AM   #44
Lechium
USER INFO »
:lol: :lol:

I thought purgatory was something in between earth and hell, when you're waiting for something... i dunno!

If it's hell, why did Wadrick ask if i believe in purgatory right after i said i don't believe in hell?  :mad2 unless he didn't read all of my post again...

Purgatory is not mentioned anyhwere in the Bible... that's just wild Catholic imagination.
Old 05-14-2003, 01:44 AM   #45
creedfan47a
USER INFO »
Maybe I'm confused too....... you may be right actually, about the in between thing.

Lech, there are different translations of the Bible, not versions. Some translations are hard to understand (with "thou" and "thy", etc everywhere) and some are much easier to understand, with simple everyday language. It gets contradictory when people substitute their own meanings into the Bible.