++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 01-30-2003, 05:54 PM   #1
Yvonne
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
CREED is making feel sooo sad

Guys,

I'm going thru a lot of emotional stuff right now, today at work was really rough for me, I kept falling apart

CREED's music has inspired me very much, more than anyone else's music (including Prince) But here lately, everytime I put on a CREED cd I start crying

Does their music sometimes make you all feel sad?
Old 01-30-2003, 06:12 PM   #2
creedchick02
USER INFO »
SORRY about the way you feel, But CREED has pulled me out from so many depressing days that i cannot feel sad when i listen to them, I found there music in a time in my life that i really needed for them to be there, So i kind of think it was fait
now does it scare you, that i'm able to decern? what to love and what to burn'
i'll add fuel to the fire now,
stand back, brother take your hand back,
leave it and i might crack
more than a smile or two, you see
don't judge what you don't understand,
you can't deny what has been given to me~~~~~Fear ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
http://f2.pg.photos.yahoo.com/creedchick020
Old 01-30-2003, 07:29 PM   #3
hotforscott
USER INFO »
I am sure you will get through whatever it is you are going through. You are probably feeling a lot of emotion with Creed's music because it could be bringing out feelings you really haven't dealt with yet, or bad memories or something. It could just be that it makes you think about stuff and that is what is making you sad. Try to sort out your thoughts and feelings and once you realize what it is that is getting you down, try to change it and make it better. Then you can rock to Creed like you used to!
Old 01-30-2003, 08:29 PM   #4
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
I'm sorry you're going through such a rough time, Yvonne...I hope it gets better for you soon. I agree with what hotforscott said. Sometimes, I find myself listening to music just so that I CAN cry or release anger or sadness. It helps me release and then I can figure out what it is I need to fix, sometimes by the songs I choose. I try to think about what's going through my head when I choose my music. It's like my subconscious trying to send me a message.
Old 01-31-2003, 04:28 PM   #5
hayley
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via MSN to hayley Send a message via Yahoo to hayley
Yeah so sorry Yvonne hope it all gets better for you:P

And yes definitly actually most of the time creed makes me cry (not in a sad way) like every time i listen to them...it's a wonderful feeling, it's just so overwhelming. Happens everytime and i don't let it stop because it's such a beautiful feeling.
Cape Reinga, to the fiords in the south.
Harbour lights in the City of Sails
Aroha, the love that never fails
See the bird with the leaf in her mouth
After the flood all the colours came out.'

- Beautiful Day, Auckland, NZ - 24 Nov 2006
Old 01-31-2003, 04:59 PM   #6
Sheila63
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by Dogstar
I'm sorry you're going through such a rough time, Yvonne...I hope it gets better for you soon. I agree with what hotforscott said. Sometimes, I find myself listening to music just so that I CAN cry or release anger or sadness. It helps me release and then I can figure out what it is I need to fix, sometimes by the songs I choose. I try to think about what's going through my head when I choose my music. It's like my subconscious trying to send me a message.

I have to agree. Sometimes I listen to certain songs just to help me work through whatever it is I'm going through or feeling. Believe me, Yvonne, there have been times I've found myself crying listening to Creed. I was listening to Hide about 2 weeks ago which normally makes me feel good and I just cried.

I'm sorry that you're having a tough time right now. When you're going through it it really sucks but life will get better. Hang in there. Peace.

Relearn Love
Old 01-31-2003, 08:18 PM   #7
souldancer
USER INFO »
Re: CREED is making feel sooo sad

Quote: Originally posted by Yvonne
Guys,I'm going thru a lot of emotional stuff right now, today at work was really rough for me, I kept falling apart :cryingDoes their music sometimes make you all feel sad?
Hi Yvonne. Sending you lots of comfort and hugs. Creed's music does that to me too....some of those songs (OLB, WTLF, Inside Us All) help me go deeper and cry when I really need to release that sorrow and pain. Tears are so cleansing. Then, other times Creed's music has strengthened me, lightened my burden, comforted me and rocked me back into the Light Their music has such a passionate energy to make me feel and to heal. I listen to different songs for different needs - emotional places I am at in my life. Lately, it's been "To Whom It May Concern", Weathered, and "Who's Got My Back'. I do believe that 'All that has been devastated can be recreated..We pick up the broken pieces Of our lives. Giving ourselves to each other'. The board has been so helpful - I've cyber and personally met some caring, whacky, fun friends. Life can unload some heavy sh$# sometimes.. right music is therapy. So just hang tight, rock strong, feel all that's real - and know you have a community here for you.
Old 01-31-2003, 08:20 PM   #8
souldancer
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by addicted2stapp
actually most of the time creed makes me cry (not in a sad way) like every time i listen to them...it's a wonderful feeling, it's just so overwhelming. Happens everytime and i don't let it stop because it's such a beautiful feeling.
Yeah.... it's true, huh?! Beautiful!
Old 01-31-2003, 11:46 PM   #9
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by creedfan63
I was listening to Hide about 2 weeks ago which normally makes me feel good and I just cried.  

I cried my eyes out during this song at the NYE show, creedfan63. It usually makes me feel good, too, but I was really worried about this friend who was going through a horrible time and the song just fit his situation. It felt good to get it out.
Old 02-01-2003, 03:42 AM   #10
hotforscott
USER INFO »
Sometimes it does feel good to get it out. Sometimes you just need to cry!
Old 02-01-2003, 08:57 AM   #11
Sheila63
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by Dogstar
I cried my eyes out during this song at the NYE show, creedfan63. It usually makes me feel good, too, but I was really worried about this friend who was going through a horrible time and the song just fit his situation. It felt good to get it out.

Sorry to hear about your friend, Dogstar. I hope everything is going better for them. Hide is such as awesome song!!

Music (especially Creed) is just so powerful!! Like souldancer said it's like therapy and it gets me through the hard times, empowers/strengthens me when I need it and lifts me up even Higher (LOL!!) when I'm feeling good.

Relearn Love
Old 02-01-2003, 12:18 PM   #12
hotforscott
USER INFO »
You are so right. I hope your friend is doing better as well, Dogstar. I so would have loved to have been at that New Years Eve show. It sounds like an awesome experience.
Old 02-01-2003, 03:48 PM   #13
KBoo925
USER INFO »
Isn't it amazing, that you can hear a song so many times and yet it still illicits such powerful emotions? I can't even count how many times I have heard songs like WGMB, and DSD and I still find myself having feelings like anger, sadness, and joy...even if I wasn't aware they were there. It almost doesn't matter what it's "about" really, as long as you get the feelings, the energy moving. I think I would feel really stuck in it, if it wasn't for the music. Sometimes I wonder what the other drivers on the road think if they catch me wiping tears away or banging on my steering wheel (heehee). Ah, who cares! I'm really grateful and I can't wait to hear the next CD!!!! Just think....twelve (or so) more songs to play over and over and over..... YAY!:P
Old 02-01-2003, 05:47 PM   #14
hotforscott
USER INFO »
I know, I am so excited. I can't wait to hear the new stuff. It is so exciting to anticipate how it will be.
Old 02-01-2003, 07:04 PM   #15
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Thanks, you guys. He's getting a little better all the time.