++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 08-18-2009, 04:42 PM   #1
revisfoot
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
I heard it, this is what I think...

My best friend works for a radio station here in town, and her let me hear "Overcome" this afternoon.

The live version is good, but the production that went into this song is amazing. It's very un-Creedlike, which, in this case, is a good thing. The guys had pretty much niched themselves into a sound with Creed, and I'm sure Kurzweig was a part of that.

"Overcome," has a totally different sound from any Creed song, and from any song the guys have been attached to (Scott's solo stuff, Alter Bridge, etc.).

I, for one, am very happy with this sound. It's a breath of fresh air on rock radio today. Tremonti shows how much of a guitar wizard he is. The timbre set by the drums and bass is amazing.

Scott's delivery of the vocal is energetic and amazing.

This song will catapult Creed back to the top of the ROCK charts. This is not Top-40, WAWO, OLB, DSD, Higher stuff. This is hard, heavy, and new.

I am excited.
Old 08-18-2009, 04:50 PM   #2
mr_seeker_ny
USER INFO »
Re: I heard it, this is what I think...

I heard the full version of "Overcome" and I am simply blown away. As always, great lyrics, but the band is rockin HARD. Unbelievable solo by Tremonti and this what I wanted on the Weathered album. A much harder and heavier Creed.
Old 08-18-2009, 04:57 PM   #3
nagpo
USER INFO »

....care to share the song>.<
Old 08-18-2009, 05:00 PM   #4
mr_seeker_ny
USER INFO »

I heard it on You Tube. There were 3 leaked studio versions all over the site, but Wind Up has since taken them down. And can't post them here anyways...don't want to be banned...LOL.
Old 08-18-2009, 05:00 PM   #5
RangerJim
USER INFO »

If overcome is this good(which it is) then I wonder what the rest of the record sounds like! Excited to hear more songs from the album.
Old 08-18-2009, 05:04 PM   #6
spyderalex14
USER INFO »

Is it ok to post mediafire links on this forum? I have a link to the studio version...
Old 08-18-2009, 05:04 PM   #7
mr_seeker_ny
USER INFO »

"Overcome" sounds amazing and it will definitely win over the critics of the band. This isn't "With Arms Wide Open" or "Don't Stop Dancing". This is Creed going back to rockin hard like "Ode", "Unforgiven", and "What If".

I heard "Full Circle" over the weekend at the 2 concerts I attended in NY and NJ....totally different than "Overcome"...has a little of a blues feel to it, but still ended up rockin the crowd.

I was very content with both songs...I think "Full Circle" could very well be the best album they ever made. We shall see in October....

Last edited by mr_seeker_ny : 08-18-2009 at 05:06 PM.
Old 08-18-2009, 05:05 PM   #8
mr_seeker_ny
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by spyderalex14) Is it ok to post mediafire links on this forum? I have a link to the studio version...

I don't think its allowed.
Old 08-18-2009, 05:06 PM   #9
Tremontiriffs77
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by spyderalex14) Is it ok to post mediafire links on this forum? I have a link to the studio version...
Dont do it...They are going after poeple hardcore on this one..Windup is def montoring these boards...
Old 08-18-2009, 05:07 PM   #10
mr_seeker_ny
USER INFO »

Its not worth it anyways. You can the full studio version at Creed.com at 1pm tomorrow.
Old 08-18-2009, 05:07 PM   #11
RangerJim
USER INFO »

Just to be safe I wouldn't post any links to leaked songs on the forum. If anyone wants the MP3 send it to them privately.
Old 08-18-2009, 06:57 PM   #12
XALTERBRIDGEX
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by revisfoot) My best friend works for a radio station here in town, and her let me hear "Overcome" this afternoon.

The live version is good, but the production that went into this song is amazing. It's very un-Creedlike, which, in this case, is a good thing. The guys had pretty much niched themselves into a sound with Creed, and I'm sure Kurzweig was a part of that.

"Overcome," has a totally different sound from any Creed song, and from any song the guys have been attached to (Scott's solo stuff, Alter Bridge, etc.).

I, for one, am very happy with this sound. It's a breath of fresh air on rock radio today. Tremonti shows how much of a guitar wizard he is. The timbre set by the drums and bass is amazing.

Scott's delivery of the vocal is energetic and amazing.

This song will catapult Creed back to the top of the ROCK charts. This is not Top-40, WAWO, OLB, DSD, Higher stuff. This is hard, heavy, and new.

I am excited.

I agree with you 100%. Thats what I love about Creed, They dont sing about getting high, getting drunk, F*king women etc. (its so played out). You can see the passion they have in the lyrics and in thier music and this song will be be number 1 on the rock charts!
Old 08-18-2009, 07:39 PM   #13
Jellybeans003
USER INFO »

XALTERBRIDGEX, I agree with what you said about Creed not singing about sex, drugs, degrading women, etc. It's nice to go to a concert where I didn't see trashy women for a change! LOL!
Old 08-18-2009, 09:47 PM   #14
My Sacrifice
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by XALTERBRIDGEX) I agree with you 100%. Thats what I love about Creed, They dont sing about getting high, getting drunk, F*king women etc. (its so played out). You can see the passion they have in the lyrics and in thier music and this song will be be number 1 on the rock charts!

Amen to that!
Old 08-18-2009, 09:53 PM   #15
nagpo
USER INFO »

I just heard it on youtube....listened to it 3 times. Probably one of their best songs ever. You can hear all three previous albums in it. I hear what if one moment then freedom fighters and also some MOP. Great, great song.