++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 01-05-2003, 09:33 PM   #1
hockeymom97
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
How Creed Saved my Sons Life

Here is the short but to the point story that many of you asked for.

My son is 14 years old and a Freshman in highschool. When he was 13, he was headed down the wrong path in life. He was trying to find out who he was and where he belonged in this world. His biological father left when he was 3 months old. He choose drugs over his son. With all the normal teenage issues he was really struggling. He decided to start to hang with the completely wrong crowd, turned to drugs, started failing in school and completely gave up on his dream of playing college hockey and making it to the NHL. He has been playing hockey since he was 4 years old. That has always been his lifelong dream.

One day he was listening (really listening) to their CD. Not sure which one, but he came upstairs and apologized for the last year. I could see the hurt in his eyes and asked him what happened to realize what he was doing. He told me that something in their lyrics just clicked in him. From that day on he stopped hanging around with that group of friends, got off the drugs and brought his grades up. He also went back to playing hockey with all his heart. Now he is looking forward to finishing highschool, hopefully getting a college scholarship to play hockey and reliving his dream to make it to the NHL. Whenever he is having a troubled day, he pops in his Creed CD's and that seems to bring him up again. I will forever be greatful to Creed for giving me my son back. I will stand behind this band 100% and never give up on them.

I wrote a letter to Scott Stapp with 2 guardian angels to keep him and Jaggar close to eachothers hearts and safe while they were apart like his music keeps my son safe. I sent it to Creedink. Not sure if he ever got them, but at least it made me feel like I could let him know what he means to us.

Thats it. That's my sons story.
Old 01-05-2003, 09:36 PM   #2
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Oh my God, that's wonderful. I have chills and tears in my eyes! It's amazing how something that doesn't mean anything to one person can completely turn another's life around. You should be proud of your son and I am very glad you shared that story with us. THANKS!!

SP: Actually, we are setting that up.

MT: It was in your contract when you signed up with us.

Old 01-05-2003, 09:37 PM   #3
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
OMG, hockeymom, that is so awesome. I'm wiping the tears away right now. Thank you so much for sharing and reminding us of the good that music can do. Best of luck to you, your son and his dream of playing hockey!
Old 01-05-2003, 09:41 PM   #4
hockeymom97
USER INFO »
Thank You

Thank you all. I am very proud of him. He has been clean for almost a year now and he did it all on his own. (with the help of creed I should say)
Old 01-05-2003, 09:43 PM   #5
hotforscott
USER INFO »
Gosh, I am crying too. That is totally awesome. What a wonderful story.
Old 01-05-2003, 09:43 PM   #6
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
That is wonderful. That is a story that Creed should definitely hear. I'm sure hearing something like that at this point in time would really make Scott feel better.

Old 01-05-2003, 09:43 PM   #7
crest tattoo
USER INFO »
It takes a lot to get through to a teen's mind. Whatever it was, it must have been exactly what he needed. I don't mean to pry, but did you pray for anything like that to happen? Sometimes the right words will just fall on the right ears at the right times. I am a huge believer in fate, if you can't tell.

It's great that your son has a positive role model. Has he been to any concerts?
Old 01-05-2003, 09:46 PM   #8
hockeymom97
USER INFO »
Quote: It's great that your son has a positive role model. Has he been to any concerts?

Just one and it happened to be here in Chicago. So he didn't really get to see the True Creed yet. He was pretty upset and had alot of questions at first, but as he told me, everyone makes bad choices in life. He is going to stick with them too.

And yes, we did alot of praying. Alot of fighting too. LOL.
Old 01-05-2003, 09:50 PM   #9
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Wow, I wish some of the people who bashed here had your son's attitude. We can learn much from the young ones.
Old 01-05-2003, 09:52 PM   #10
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote: He was pretty upset and had alot of questions at first, but as he told me, everyone makes bad choices in life. He is going to stick with them too.
Now that is one smart kid. I wish most of the people who jumped all over this bb would read that and think about how a 14 year old can reason things that most 20-30 year olds just want to argue about. Please, no bashing that statement, it was meant as a compliment to her son!

Old 01-05-2003, 09:52 PM   #11
crest tattoo
USER INFO »
I was hoping you wouldn't say you went to the Chicago concert. I'm sure he did have questions. I was there too. The first Chicago concert at Tweeter was the best one I seen out of four. But that last one was not the best. Everyone makes mistakes, even role models. How did he accept the concert? Sounds like he is far enough on the rode to recovery that he is doing well.
Old 01-05-2003, 09:53 PM   #12
hotforscott
USER INFO »
Yes, we can learn a lot. Has he read Teri's post on the New Years Eve show. That one gave me chills. It's a very good description of what the Creed shows are all about.
Old 01-05-2003, 09:57 PM   #13
hockeymom97
USER INFO »
Quote: Now that is one smart kid. I wish most of the people who jumped all over this bb would read that and think about how a 14 year old can reason things that most 20-30 year olds just want to argue about. Please, no bashing that statement, it was meant as a compliment to her son!

Yep he is pretty smart. But he has probably been through more than most 20-30 year olds in his short life.

Also, I went to the Tweeter to see them and that was awesome. He couldn't go that day because he had a baseball championship game and didn't want to miss it. As for accepting the concert, he was pretty peeved and wanted to leave, but we were hoping it would get better so we stuck around. He asks daily if there was any news on an explanation or apology. He does want to go see them again. But like I said before, he accepts the error and is still keeping them as his idols and my saving angels.
Old 01-05-2003, 10:02 PM   #14
crest tattoo
USER INFO »
After seeing them play so well before, I knew what was happening all too well at the Allstate. I wonder what first-time Creed concert-goers thought. Other than Siren's opinion that is! It was obvious to me, was it THAT obvious to others do you think? I suppose if a teenager knew...
Old 01-05-2003, 10:03 PM   #15
KBoo925
USER INFO »
Wow...thanks for that story. It's amazing, the power of music and feeling connected that can really make a difference in someone's life. I think we all can help each other in similar ways too. We can all be angels to each other...you never know how our lives may intersect. I feel grateful, not only for Scott's courage and passion, but for all those who have taken steps for themselves and others. god bless us all.
Peace,
Karin