++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 08-14-2004, 12:06 AM   #31
creedlvr
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
I agree that Scott obviously didn't share all of his problems with Mark and Flip, but still ... the rest of the world could see there was a problem. Even if Mark and Flip didn't know exactly what was going on, they should've noticed something just wasn't right.

Someone said earlier that Mark should at least have the respect enough for Scott not to bad-mouth him or at least use a little more tact ... and I agree. So many of us here have said right along that once Scott does speak out, he would NEVER say a bad word towards his fellow band members ... and obviously, we were right.

I'm sure there is a little bit of "fluff" in both Mark and Scott's stories ... but I really tend to believe Scott. Besides, most of what Mark said, does coincide with what Scott said. They both agree that Scott didn't want to tour as much as the others. They both agree that Scott isolated himself from everyone. They both agree that there was no communication. I think that Scott was wrong in not sharing the whole truth with his band members ... but more importantly ... his friends. He should have put more faith in them to understand ... or at least given them a chance. But I think that Mark and Flip were wrong for not realizing that Scott was not just being an asshole and that something was clearly wrong.

I understand that everyone has to make a living ...but please ... I don't think that any one of them would go bankrupt if they took some extra time off. IMO ... they could have cut him some slack. They had to have known something ... so many of us here ... so far away from Scott ... knew he had health problems and didn't look himself. How could they have not figured it out?

Well ... if I say anymore, I will get attached, so all I'll say is that I really admire Scott and hope that he stays on the right track and is happy.

Last edited by creedlvr : 08-14-2004 at 12:10 AM. Reason: typo
Old 08-14-2004, 12:10 AM   #32
musiclover291
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by creedlvr) I agree that Scott obviously didn't share all of his problems with Mark and Flip, but still ... the rest of the world could see there was a problem. Even if Mark and Flip didn't know exactly what was going on, they should've noticed something just wasn't right.

Someone said earlier that Mark should at least have the respect enough for Scott not to bad-mouth him or at least use a little more tact ... and I agree. So many of us here have said right along that once Scott does speak out, he would NEVER say a bad word towards his fellow band members ... and obviously, we were right.

I'm sure there is a little bit of "fluff" in both Mark and Scott's stories ... but I really tend to believe Scott. Besides, most of what Mark said, does coincide with what Scott said. They both agree that Scott didn't want to tour as much as the others. They both agree that Scott isolated himself from everyone. They both agree that there was no communication. I think that Scott was wrong in not sharing the whole truth with his band members ... but more importantly ... his friends. He should have put more faith in them to understand ... or at least given them a chance. But I think that Mark and Flip were wrong for not realizing that Scott was not just being an asshole and that something was clearly wrong.

I understand that everyone has to make a living ...but please ... I don't think that anyone of them were going to go bankrupt if they took some extra time off. IMO ... they could have cut him some slack. They had to have known something ... so many of us here ... so far away from Scott ... knew he had health problems and didn't look himself. How could they have not figured it out?

Well ... if I say anymore, I will get attached, so all I'll say is that I really admire Scott and hope that he stays on the right track and is happy.

AMEN!!! Great post
Old 08-14-2004, 12:12 AM   #33
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote: Well ... if I say anymore, I will get attached...
*rollseyes*
Old 08-14-2004, 12:19 AM   #34
creedlvr
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Dogstar)
Quote: Well ... if I say anymore, I will get attached...
*rollseyes*
My point exactly ...

pardon me ... I meant "attacked"
Old 08-14-2004, 01:01 AM   #35
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
I'm just tired of some of the people who seem to be only on Scott's side acting all persecuted every time they post something in support of the man. Time to get off the cross. If you don't want people disagreeing with you, then don't post. Btw, had you just posted your thoughts, you would have escaped what you called my attack. *rollseyes yet again*
Old 08-14-2004, 02:38 AM   #36
musiclover291
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Dogstar) I'm just tired of some of the people who seem to be only on Scott's side acting all persecuted every time they post something in support of the man. Time to get off the cross. If you don't want people disagreeing with you, then don't post. Btw, had you just posted your thoughts, you would have escaped what you called my attack. *rollseyes yet again*

I don't think everybody is only on Stapp side I think there is truth to both AB and Stapp side. It's a shame about the divison among Creed fans. I just think that for some we are happy to see Stapp speak out. It was apparent to many that something was wrong with him and we are happy that he is healthy and happy and has found peace for himself and his son. Know he can move on with his career and life and the same with AB.
Old 08-14-2004, 09:47 AM   #37
Shadow
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by musiclover291) I don't think everybody is only on Stapp side I think there is truth to both AB and Stapp side. It's a shame about the divison among Creed fans. I just think that for some we are happy to see Stapp speak out. It was apparent to many that something was wrong with him and we are happy that he is healthy and happy and has found peace for himself and his son. Know he can move on with his career and life and the same with AB.
I am relieved that Scott is finally speaking out. However, it seems that it is beginning to create an even wider division between the Mark / Stapp fans. There has to be a happy medium somewhere. I strongly support Scott. I support Mark as well. But sometimes the negative comments about Scott are unnecessary. Let's just take it as it comes and see what the near future holds for both of them.

After Scott's latest round of interviews, anyone can see that he misses Mark and Scott P. I would like to think that they miss Scott as well. Scott was speaking about them yesterday over a radio interview, he spoke about them on VH1. It's clear that there is some sadness there about the whole situation.
Old 08-14-2004, 12:04 PM   #38
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by musiclover291) I don't think everybody is only on Stapp side I think there is truth to both AB and Stapp side. It's a shame about the divison among Creed fans. I just think that for some we are happy to see Stapp speak out. It was apparent to many that something was wrong with him and we are happy that he is healthy and happy and has found peace for himself and his son. Know he can move on with his career and life and the same with AB.

I never said that everybody was only on Scott's side. The people I was talking about seemed to think they would be attacked for anything that seemed only pro-Stapp because they often couched their responses with statements to that effect. All I said was that it was tiresome to read that kind of thing and that they shouldn't post their opinions if they don't expect people to disagree with them. Sadly, there is a division among fans, and that's where some of the disagreement comes from. I'm just tired of the whole persecution complex SOME of his more ardent supporters seem to convey. I support both and always will. I wish nothing but the best for both of them.
Old 08-14-2004, 12:10 PM   #39
musiclover291
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Dogstar) I never said that everybody was only on Scott's side. The people I was talking about seemed to think they would be attacked for anything that seemed only pro-Stapp because they often couched their responses with statements to that effect. All I said was that it was tiresome to read that kind of thing and that they shouldn't post their opinions if they don't expect people to disagree with them. Sadly, there is a division among fans, and that's where some of the disagreement comes from. I'm just tired of the whole persecution complex SOME of his more ardent supporters seem to convey. I support both and always will. I wish nothing but the best for both of them.

Well said and I agree.
Old 08-14-2004, 06:00 PM   #40
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Dogstar) I support both and always will. I wish nothing but the best for both of them.
Me too. Well said.

SP: Actually, we are setting that up.

MT: It was in your contract when you signed up with us.

Old 08-14-2004, 07:22 PM   #41
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by creedlvr) I'm sure there is a little bit of "fluff" in both Mark and Scott's stories ... but I really tend to believe Scott. Besides, most of what Mark said, does coincide with what Scott said. They both agree that Scott didn't want to tour as much as the others. They both agree that Scott isolated himself from everyone. They both agree that there was no communication. I think that Scott was wrong in not sharing the whole truth with his band members ... but more importantly ... his friends. He should have put more faith in them to understand ... or at least given them a chance. But I think that Mark and Flip were wrong for not realizing that Scott was not just being an asshole and that something was clearly wrong.

Agreed.

Although Mark tried to talk to Stapp and he said nothing, coz he didn't want to talk about it.

In the end of the day, it seems all of it was a big misunderstanding... then JHMP showedup and screwed things up. Creed was too bad managed.

And so did Wind-Up... now they can sell the triple: AB, SS and Creed compilations that will pop up every 3 years or so with unreleased material.
Old 08-14-2004, 07:41 PM   #42
musiclover291
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Bridge of Clay) Agreed.

Although Mark tried to talk to Stapp and he said nothing, coz he didn't want to talk about it.

In the end of the day, it seems all of it was a big misunderstanding... then JHMP showedup and screwed things up. Creed was too bad managed.

And so did Wind-Up... now they can sell the triple: AB, SS and Creed compilations that will pop up every 3 years or so with unreleased material.

I totally agree outside forces destroyed the band. But I think that it is a good idea for Stapp to be solo so that he can build his life back. I think that is important for him because of his son and that should come first. AB members don't have that responsibilty so they can focus on there music. So at the end day all members are happy. AB should watch out for JHMP management because if AB becomes as huge as Creed here we go again.

Last edited by musiclover291 : 08-14-2004 at 09:49 PM.
Old 08-14-2004, 08:35 PM   #43
creedlvr
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Bridge of Clay) In the end of the day, it seems all of it was a big misunderstanding...
That's what makes it even sadder that this happened. I do feel sorry for Scott though because it seems that he really does miss his friends. I just hope that they can eventually repair the damage ... if not to Creed ... then at least to their friendship.
Old 08-14-2004, 08:43 PM   #44
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by musiclover291) I think that is important for him because of his son and that should come first. AB members don't have that responsibilty so they can focus on there music.
Flip is a daddy. He and his wife have a daughter.
Old 08-14-2004, 09:46 PM   #45
Shadow
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Bridge of Clay) In the end of the day, it seems all of it was a big misunderstanding... then JHMP showedup and screwed things up. Creed was too bad managed.
Scott has now mentioned several times people were trying to come between them (him and Mark). He also mentioned "outside influences that benefited some people financially" (not the band) with a break-up announcement.

Scott also said that if those people were not invovled, there wouldn't have been an announcement. He said that they just wanted to take a break.

My first guess who Scott is referring to ***cough Jeff Hanson cough ***

Marcos, this interview where Scott talks about this is over at PBF.