++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Closed Thread

Old 05-02-2004, 08:43 PM   #76
aussiecreeder
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by RockGoddess) I'm sorry, what was the question?

I think the question was Scott or Myles. Scott or Myles what?

I have seen both sing live.

If you're going with performance and sheer charisma I'd have to go with Scott. The man could work a crowd. He was sexy as hell when he sang and he prowled the stage.

I've only seen Myles in the rehearsal studio, so it remains to be seen.

If you're talking technical ability and command of his voice; it's Myles hands down. Listening to Myles is listening to someone who has mastered his craft and can wield his voice with precision.

I have heard and seen Alter Bridge. I heard roughly 12 songs. Not once did I think of Creed. They are NOT Creed minus Stapp. Not even remotely close.

BINGO! thx

Better Frontman-Scott
Better Singer-Myles

that just about covers it......

as far as commercial success I don't think Alter Bridge is going to be as marketable because Myles isn't as marketable as Scott is. I haven't heard the music so this is based on personality only at this stage. It doesn't matter who cares if they never sell a diamond record? As long as they are successful enough to do a world tour.

as for Brian while its in the distant past I think he was far from the innocent party and Scott didn't kick him out because of ego. The infamous interview was obviously just the tip of the iceberg. Anyhow that is all behind them now and everyone hopefully will learn from their mistakes. I don't think Scott and Brian should have been in a band together, they rubbed eachother the wrong way. We are both judging from afar TOW but people don't get kicked out of band's for no reason.
Old 05-02-2004, 10:15 PM   #77
Jooji_2
Banned
USER INFO »
I can only make a decision based on what I've heard of the Mayfield Four....I've visited that site several times and listed to every clip they have. Sorry but if I have to choose Kennedy or Stapp....it would be Stapp. I listen to a voice and I either like it or I don't. The amount of training or range really doesn't mean diddley to me.....I either like it or I don't. Don't know if that is acceptable as an explanation. That doesn't mean it can't be good music.....just that I don't like the voice singing it. I always liked Guns N Roses....the problem was that Axl Rose was doing the singing. The dude's voice grated on my last nerve.

And the whole Pearl Jam discussion.....I passed on the entire Grunge thing. I don't own anything by Pearl Jam...and I hear way too much of it still on the radio. Not saying its bad music.....just I don't like it that much. So if Stapp was such a rip off of Vedder....how come I like Stapp's voice so much?

As a matter of fact I watched the movie Big Fish this weekend...and yeah Man of the Hour plays over the credits of the movie.....and believe me....even though I didn't know it was Vedder at the time....I certainly wouldn't have thought it was Stapp.
Old 05-02-2004, 10:23 PM   #78
Trees of Wisdom
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Jooji_2) I can only make a decision based on what I've heard of the Mayfield Four....I've visited that site several times and listed to every clip they have. Sorry but if I have to choose Kennedy or Stapp....it would be Stapp. I listen to a voice and I either like it or I don't. The amount of training or range really doesn't mean diddley to me.....I either like it or I don't. Don't know if that is acceptable as an explanation. That doesn't mean it can't be good music.....just that I don't like the voice singing it. I always liked Guns N Roses....the problem was that Axl Rose was doing the singing. The dude's voice grated on my last nerve.

And the whole Pearl Jam discussion.....I passed on the entire Grunge thing. I don't own anything by Pearl Jam...and I hear way too much of it still on the radio. Not saying its bad music.....just I don't like it that much. So if Stapp was such a rip off of Vedder....how come I like Stapp's voice so much?

As a matter of fact I watched the movie Big Fish this weekend...and yeah Man of the Hour plays over the credits of the movie.....and believe me....even though I didn't know it was Vedder at the time....I certainly wouldn't have thought it was Stapp.

Myles Kennedy sings better than Stapp. Axl sucks at singing. He just sings like a damn woman!

Pearl Jam kicked ass, it's your loss.

Like I already said, Stapp uses the same singing style as Vedder. It doesn't neccesarily mean he sounds exactly like Vedder. Please read the previous posts before you type anything, all right?

Last edited by Trees of Wisdom : 05-02-2004 at 11:20 PM.
Old 05-02-2004, 10:35 PM   #79
Jooji_2
Banned
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Trees of Wisdom) Myles Kennedy sings better than Stapp. Axl sucks at singing. He just sings like a damn woman!

Pearl Jam kicked ass, it's your loss.

Like I already said, Stapp uses the same singing style as Vedder. It doesn't neccesarily he sounds exactly like Vedder. Please read the previous posts before you type anything, all right?

I did read all your assinine little posts, doofus. I didn't think you made the decision as to what opinions were allowed here. I think you hit on why I don't like Kennedy.......I like for a dude's voice to sound like a dude.

Believe me...I didn't miss anything....and its no loss.

I'll type anything I want....if I'm voicing my opinion. I'll just laugh at yours and be on my way.
Old 05-02-2004, 11:16 PM   #80
Trees of Wisdom
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Jooji_2) I did read all your assinine little posts, doofus. I didn't think you made the decision as to what opinions were allowed here. I think you hit on why I don't like Kennedy.......I like for a dude's voice to sound like a dude.

Believe me...I didn't miss anything....and its no loss.

I'll type anything I want....if I'm voicing my opinion. I'll just laugh at yours and be on my way.

Good advice: get a freaking brain!

None of my posts were asinine, "doofus" and I use that out of spite. Anywho, support your statement with evidence and support. About Myles: he has great range. He can go high and low. That isn't sounding like a woman. Listening to Scott singing "My Sacrifice" live, now that is sounding like a damn woman. He sounds like a little girl. No range. All he can do is sing really, really low (does this really require talent? NO!). It's funny when Creed played "Torn" he had the audience sing the part where it would require him to sing all by himself because he sounds ridiculous singing low with no thrashing guitar playing. Watch the "Torn" video.
Old 05-02-2004, 11:29 PM   #81
Steve
Administrator
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Steve Send a message via MSN to Steve
Just so you know the Torn video was recorded back in 1997 or 1998... that was when Stapp could sing, and he lets the audience sing as part of the band's performance. It gets the crowd more into the song. Back in 97/98 Stapp could easily have sang all the songs. It's just now his voice is whack.

Now that I've said that, let's keep the posts calm and peaceful. If people continue to throw subtle insults at each other, I'm going to close this thread.

The things that I've loved the things that I've lost
The things I've held sacred that I've dropped
I won't lie no more you can bet
I don't want to learn what I'll need to forget
- Audioslave, "Doesn't Remind Me"
Old 05-02-2004, 11:32 PM   #82
Jooji_2
Banned
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Trees of Wisdom) Good advice: get a freaking brain!

None of my posts were asinine, "doofus" and I use that out of spite. Anywho, support your statement with evidence and support. About Myles: he has great range. He can go high and low. That isn't sounding like a woman. Listening to Scott singing "My Sacrifice" live, now that is sounding like a damn woman. He sounds like a little girl. No range. All he can do is sing really, really low (does this really require talent? NO!). It's funny when Creed played "Torn" he had the audience sing the part where it would require him to sing all by himself because he sounds ridiculous singing low with no thrashing guitar playing. Watch the "Torn" video.

I don't have to support my statement with anything....like I said...I listen and I either like it or I don't.....I've listened....and I don't. Notice I never said that the fact that I didn't like it meant it wasn't good music. Just that I didn't like it. Like I said....range don't mean shit to me....neither does formal training....I like it or I don't...I'm entitled to that. But then I guess I'm not keenly aware of what it takes to be a lead singer for a rock band....like you are.

Sooooooo....are you a vocal coach? You like to use the term "damn woman" alot, don't you? Women have opinions too, you know. Oh....and its spelled assinine.....I read it....and that's pretty much my opinion of it...but of course I'm one of those "damn women".

P.S. Ya know......your screen name really doesn't fit you.
Old 05-02-2004, 11:37 PM   #83
Jooji_2
Banned
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Steve) Just so you know the Torn video was recorded back in 1997 or 1998... that was when Stapp could sing, and he lets the audience sing as part of the band's performance. It gets the crowd more into the song. Back in 97/98 Stapp could easily have sang all the songs. It's just now his voice is whack.

Now that I've said that, let's keep the posts calm and peaceful. If people continue to throw subtle insults at each other, I'm going to close this thread.

Do what you feel is necessary.....I posted my opinion....he didn't like it.
Old 05-02-2004, 11:54 PM   #84
Trees of Wisdom
USER INFO »
At least back up your opinion. I have won this argument. Now that I have won it, there is no more to discuss. If this thread furthers, it would just be plain name-calling. I respect your opinion, but support your position. Alright Steve, no more insults.

Btw Steve, the Punisher stuff will probably get here tomorrow.
Old 05-03-2004, 12:29 AM   #85
Jooji_2
Banned
USER INFO »
Okay....here's my opinion again.....

I can only make a decision based on what I've heard of the Mayfield Four....I've visited that site several times and listed to every clip they have. Sorry but if I have to choose Kennedy or Stapp....it would be Stapp. I listen to a voice and I either like it or I don't. The amount of training or range really doesn't mean diddley to me.....I either like it or I don't. Don't know if that is acceptable as an explanation. That doesn't mean it can't be good music.....just that I don't like the voice singing it.

I've listened to both.....I prefer Stapp.....has nothing to do with training, range, ability, high, low, or style....any of that. It my own personal preference....how's that for backing it up.
Old 05-03-2004, 12:34 AM   #86
Trees of Wisdom
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Jooji_2) Okay....here's my opinion again.....

I can only make a decision based on what I've heard of the Mayfield Four....I've visited that site several times and listed to every clip they have. Sorry but if I have to choose Kennedy or Stapp....it would be Stapp. I listen to a voice and I either like it or I don't. The amount of training or range really doesn't mean diddley to me.....I either like it or I don't. Don't know if that is acceptable as an explanation. That doesn't mean it can't be good music.....just that I don't like the voice singing it.

I've listened to both.....I prefer Stapp.....has nothing to do with training, range, ability, high, low, or style....any of that. It my own personal preference....how's that for backing it up.

In your opinion, Scott Stapp's better. That's about it. You still didn't back-up as to why Scott Stapp is better than Myles Kennedy overall. Keep trying.