++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Closed Thread

Old 05-02-2004, 02:49 AM   #61
Trees of Wisdom
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by handmedown) their contract with Sony/Epic expired after "Riot Act" although there is speculation Sony will release a greatest hits to finish off the contract and make some money. They will almost certainly release their next album free of a label and released "Man of the Hour" through the web independently. There is a lot of snobbery in the indie scene but there are bands like Sonic Youth that shouldn't be discarded. Of course they are not the same anymore that is kind of the idea. Their last two albums aren't as good as their earlier work but still very good.

Is "Man of the Hour" their next album? Please clear this up.
Old 05-02-2004, 02:51 AM   #62
aussiecreeder
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Trees of Wisdom) He had to have been joking.

i don't think he laughed but he might have been sarcastic. i'll get the quote for you ASAP. "Man of the Hour" is their most recent single. It was that great song played at the end of "Big Fish".
Old 05-02-2004, 02:53 AM   #63
Trees of Wisdom
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by handmedown) i don't think he laughed but he might have been sarcastic. i'll get the quote for you ASAP. "Man of the Hour" is their most recent single. It was that great song played at the end of "Big Fish".

ASAP, eh? I feel so special.

I need to download that song.
Old 05-02-2004, 02:59 AM   #64
aussiecreeder
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Trees of Wisdom) ASAP, eh? I feel so special.

I need to download that song.

you can download a live version from www.theskyiscrape.com and it also appears on that soundtrack. its written by ed exclusively and the band doesn't come in to about halfway through.
Old 05-02-2004, 03:04 AM   #65
Trees of Wisdom
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by handmedown) you can download a live version from www.theskyiscrape.com and it also appears on that soundtrack. its written by ed exclusively and the band doesn't come in to about halfway through.

Thanks for the site. I'll have to listen to it until morning, though.
Old 05-02-2004, 03:09 AM   #66
Jez
USER INFO »
Nevermind.....the arguing in this truly pointless thread that was supposed to be about OPINIONS rather than thinking your own OPINION is fact is not even worth a response other than BLAH BLAH BLAH.

Creed~~Bullets
Old 05-02-2004, 03:51 AM   #67
tremontirocks!
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Jez) Nevermind.....the arguing in this truly pointless thread that was supposed to be about OPINIONS rather than thinking your own OPINION is fact is not even worth a response other than BLAH BLAH BLAH.
HEY JEZ
Old 05-02-2004, 05:06 AM   #68
aussiecreeder
USER INFO »
blah blah blah i'm right blah blah blah your wrong blah blah blah
how many threads do serve any purpose? its just an avenue to share OPINIONS and hopefully have a bit of fun in the process. if we only had threads with any purpose then we should only discuss news about the band and nothing else. Jez your opinion is obviously welcome if you want to share it.......
Old 05-02-2004, 10:13 AM   #69
Mr.CreedFreakTN
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by handmedown) KISS should have given it up 15 years ago along with Aerosmith. a new singer (and a completely different singer) will change the dynamic a lot even though it is basically Creed minus Stapp. Lyrically it will be far different and it sounds like it will be heavier as well. just enjoy the ride.........
That is your opinion, but I believe that the bands you are speaking of are getting better with age. They have survived and continue to do so.
Old 05-02-2004, 10:21 AM   #70
Mr.CreedFreakTN
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by handmedown) KISS should have given it up 15 years ago along with Aerosmith. a new singer (and a completely different singer) will change the dynamic a lot even though it is basically Creed minus Stapp. Lyrically it will be far different and it sounds like it will be heavier as well. just enjoy the ride.........
That is your opinion, but I believe that the bands you are speaking of are getting better with age. They have survived and continue to do so.
Old 05-02-2004, 10:28 AM   #71
Mr.CreedFreakTN
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Trees of Wisdom) I am laughing my ass off to what you have just said. The guys are way better off. I rather have the band not sell millions than to sell millions and sell-out like they did with Scott Stapp. Scott Stapp really didn't do anything, but help appeal to Christian audiences. One last thing: tell Stapp to stop with the damn under-bite because that's Eddie Vedder's singing style.
Seems to me that Scott wrote several of the songs. As far as selling out if putting to music your expression about life and love and experences, are selling out then there would be nothing left to write about but doom and gloom. I'll take Stapp.
Old 05-02-2004, 12:47 PM   #72
Trees of Wisdom
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Mr.CreedFreakTN) Seems to me that Scott wrote several of the songs. As far as selling out if putting to music your expression about life and love and experences, are selling out then there would be nothing left to write about but doom and gloom. I'll take Stapp.

Reaching an audience. Really forgetting the fans. And the thing that really pisses me off: kicking Brian Marshall out of Creed.
Old 05-02-2004, 01:39 PM   #73
titanguy9
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to titanguy9 Send a message via Yahoo to titanguy9
I tell you guys one thing to end this argueing, WE WOULDNT BE HERE RIGHT NOW IF IT WASNT FOR SCOTT STAPP, or MARK TREMONTI, or FLIP, or BRIAN.

So stop the whole favortism fight and lets look foward to the future. WHERES GAB when you need him

SUBMERSED-THERE GOING TO BE BIG!
Old 05-02-2004, 04:00 PM   #74
RockGoddess
USER INFO »
I'm sorry, what was the question?

I think the question was Scott or Myles. Scott or Myles what?

I have seen both sing live.

If you're going with performance and sheer charisma I'd have to go with Scott. The man could work a crowd. He was sexy as hell when he sang and he prowled the stage.

I've only seen Myles in the rehearsal studio, so it remains to be seen.

If you're talking technical ability and command of his voice; it's Myles hands down. Listening to Myles is listening to someone who has mastered his craft and can wield his voice with precision.

I have heard and seen Alter Bridge. I heard roughly 12 songs. Not once did I think of Creed. They are NOT Creed minus Stapp. Not even remotely close.
Old 05-02-2004, 05:49 PM   #75
Mr.CreedFreakTN
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by titanguy9) I tell you guys one thing to end this argueing, WE WOULDNT BE HERE RIGHT NOW IF IT WASNT FOR SCOTT STAPP, or MARK TREMONTI, or FLIP, or BRIAN.

So stop the whole favortism fight and lets look foward to the future. WHERES GAB when you need him
I agree with you 100% . I'm also a McNair fan and Titan fan.