++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Closed Thread

Old 05-02-2004, 02:17 AM   #46
Trees of Wisdom
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by handmedown) wait a sec infamous underbite? i didn't realise eddie had become charles manson although in the current political climate he almost was after daring to go against the current line the media pushed and those fools in hickland. actually eddie is someone who's voice isn't what it used to be as well. it didn't go down to the up and down levels of scott circa the later stages of the weathered tour (he still has one of the best voices in rock let me make that clear) but he can't do those courdouray grunts anymore like he used to.

mark was writing the music so if its radio friendly the blame has to be shared. oh no its catchy music that lots of people like, you almost sound like an indie snob. fight fight fight

Sure it was Mark's fault as well, but with Alter Bridge they can mature into great musicians.

Dude I hate indie rock. Please do not say that ever again.
Old 05-02-2004, 02:17 AM   #47
aussiecreeder
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Trees of Wisdom) The under-bite? Not likely. Jim Morrison was a great singer. If they all used the same singing style then they'd sound very alike, but they don't. That's between Eddie Vedder and Scott Stapp.

you can't hear the similarity between all three? listen to each respective cover of roadhouse blues and tell me you don't hear a similarity.
Old 05-02-2004, 02:18 AM   #48
Trees of Wisdom
USER INFO »
If the music gets too radio-friendly, it will go generic. Like Linkin Park, even though they sold out from the start. You know, they're only riding on the rap-metal fad.
Old 05-02-2004, 02:20 AM   #49
Trees of Wisdom
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by handmedown) you can't hear the similarity between all three? listen to each respective cover of roadhouse blues and tell me you don't hear a similarity.

What the hell does a cover song have to do with anything? You can compare the singing in any song. Like "Even Flow" and "My Own Prison". Regardless of the song, they sound similar, but not completely since it's singing style and not voice.
Old 05-02-2004, 02:22 AM   #50
aussiecreeder
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Trees of Wisdom) Sure it was Mark's fault as well, but with Alter Bridge they can mature into great musicians.

Dude I hate indie rock. Please do not say that ever again.

but its scott's fault they wrote radio friendly music? mark had to write music with hooks while scott was around? does having myles around mean they are more likely to be less commercial? i'm kidding about the indie rock thing, i thought you would hate string cheese incident and the like if you have heard of them and similar bands.
Old 05-02-2004, 02:25 AM   #51
Trees of Wisdom
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by handmedown) but its scott's fault they wrote radio friendly music? mark had to write music with hooks while scott was around? does having myles around mean they are more likely to be less commercial? i'm kidding about the indie rock thing, i thought you would hate string cheese incident and the like if you have heard of them and similar bands.

That's kind of a stupid statement. Just because they have Myles doesn't mean they'll be independent or anything. They can be famous as long as their music is good and original. I think Mark and the guys do want to sell, but not sell out.

No, I haven't heard of their names. Indie rock is retarded. The music could be metalish, but it's still indie rock. The music is only determined soley on the fact that the loser musicians don't want to (more like can't) be famous.
Old 05-02-2004, 02:26 AM   #52
aussiecreeder
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Trees of Wisdom) What the hell does a cover song have to do with anything? You can compare the singing in any song. Like "Even Flow" and "My Own Prison". Regardless of the song, they sound similar, but not completely since it's singing style and not voice.

what better experiment then three men singing the same song? about linkin park you have to buy in first if you are going to sell out. TOW when you first heard Creed did you think it was a Pearl Jam song (Mike McCready did LMAO) or not? I most certainly did not.......
Old 05-02-2004, 02:30 AM   #53
aussiecreeder
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Trees of Wisdom) That's kind of a stupid statement. Just because they have Myles doesn't mean they'll be independent or anything. They can be famous as long as their music is good and original. I think Mark and the guys do want to sell, but not sell out.

No, I haven't heard of their names. Indie rock is retarded. The music could be metalish, but it's still indie rock. The music is only determined soley on the fact that the loser musicians don't want to (more like can't) be famous.

my questions where of a rhetorical nature! its silly to say it was because of scott that they sold out. you could say that scott did an axl and stuffed up a great thing but that he sold creed out is nuts. isn't it a little silly to despise bands you haven't even heard of? BTW Pearl Jam is now an indie band! i don't like too much indie stuff such as modest mouse but at least hear them first.
Old 05-02-2004, 02:30 AM   #54
Trees of Wisdom
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by handmedown) what better experiment then three men singing the same song? about linkin park you have to buy in first if you are going to sell out. TOW when you first heard Creed did you think it was a Pearl Jam song (Mike McCready did LMAO) or not? I most certainly did not.......

No, then they'd be using their different styles of singing. Your logic is terrible. It's like trying to say that Metallica sounds like Led Zeppelin and using Metallica's cover of "Stairway to Heaven" as an example.

Naw, I didn't think they were Pearl Jam. The music is much different. I have an ear. The singing style is just similar. What was the exact quote from Mike McCready?

And your statement about Linkin Park: touche.
Old 05-02-2004, 02:34 AM   #55
Trees of Wisdom
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by handmedown) my questions where of a rhetorical nature! its silly to say it was because of scott that they sold out. you could say that scott did an axl and stuffed up a great thing but that he sold creed out is nuts. isn't it a little silly to despise bands you haven't even heard of? BTW Pearl Jam is now an indie band! i don't like too much indie stuff such as modest mouse but at least hear them first.

Scott wrote the majority of the lyrics. He aimed at a Christian audience. At the soccer moms as well. How about Brian Marshall being kicked out? It's funny that it won't be explained because hell would be broken loose. Scott Stapp related I guess.

About indie rock: the whole retarded point of the genre makes me not want to listen to it. I mean, it's only based on its image. Not even musicially. Indie rock sucks.
Old 05-02-2004, 02:37 AM   #56
Trees of Wisdom
USER INFO »
Since when has Pearl Jam been independent? I have only listened to their old stuff. Pearl Jam isn't the same anymore.
Old 05-02-2004, 02:38 AM   #57
aussiecreeder
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Trees of Wisdom) No, then they'd be using their different styles of singing. Your logic is terrible. It's like trying to say that Metallica sounds like Led Zeppelin and using Metallica's cover of "Stairway to Heaven" as an example.

Naw, I didn't think they were Pearl Jam. The music is much different. I have an ear. The singing style is just similar. What was the exact quote from Mike McCready?

And your statement about Linkin Park: touche.

i'll have to look for the exact quote but it was something like this;

(On Creed) "I heard this song on the radio and thought it must have being one of our songs but I couldn't remember this one. It was preddy good though." That is a little off but it something like that.
Old 05-02-2004, 02:44 AM   #58
Trees of Wisdom
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by handmedown) i'll have to look for the exact quote but it was something like this;

(On Creed) "I heard this song on the radio and thought it must have being one of our songs but I couldn't remember this one. It was preddy good though." That is a little off but it something like that.

He had to have been joking.
Old 05-02-2004, 02:44 AM   #59
aussiecreeder
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Trees of Wisdom) Since when has Pearl Jam been independent? I have only listened to their old stuff. Pearl Jam isn't the same anymore.

their contract with Sony/Epic expired after "Riot Act" although there is speculation Sony will release a greatest hits to finish off the contract and make some money. They will almost certainly release their next album free of a label and released "Man of the Hour" through the web independently. There is a lot of snobbery in the indie scene but there are bands like Sonic Youth that shouldn't be discarded. Of course they are not the same anymore that is kind of the idea. Their last two albums aren't as good as their earlier work but still very good.
Old 05-02-2004, 02:47 AM   #60
Trees of Wisdom
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by handmedown) their contract with Sony/Epic expired after "Riot Act" although there is speculation Sony will release a greatest hits to finish off the contract and make some money. They will almost certainly release their next album free of a label and released "Man of the Hour" through the web independently. There is a lot of snobbery in the indie scene but there are bands like Sonic Youth that shouldn't be discarded. Of course they are not the same anymore that is kind of the idea. Their last two albums aren't as good as their earlier work but still very good.

I think there's a reason why Pearl Jam was released from Sony. It's a sad thing that a legendary band like Pearl Jam being released, but they're not bringing in any money. Pearl Jam was good, but sadly, they're not anymore. Kind of like Creed, but at least they avoided being terrible and repetitive. They quit ahead of time.