++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Faith / Religion
Today's Posts «

Old 01-28-2004, 08:54 PM   #16
creedsister
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by Sincirr) Thanks chickadee
U rock my world!

I was waitin 4 U 2 git online! I was boored!
dont you just hate it when this happens my friend im here now but your not HAHA,,Rock On
Hush child I,ll tell you why you have Loved Me when you were weak you have given me unselfishly Kept you From Falling Falling everywhere But Your Kness you set me free to live my life you become my Reason To Survive The Great Divide you Set Me Free Ooh Our Love Is Beautiful Ooh isn,t This Beautiful Child It Seems You Have Been My Everything
Old 01-30-2004, 08:47 PM   #17
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
I don't think I'd be a good minister if people who know I'm Christian saw me headbanging with Iron Maiden... that's pure satanism...

I dunno about Slayer...and I'm not into Metallica, so I can give an opinion on them.
Old 01-30-2004, 11:03 PM   #18
bgivens33
USER INFO »
But, I think one has to be aware that a positive message can be taken from a non-christian band. For example... "Given to Fly". The whole message behind it is,(IMO) you will face hard times in life, you will be beaten down, but... you are still "given to fly". I use that as a constant reminder in my life. Something doens't go my way or a bunch of things don't go my way, I will get down on myself and blah blah blah. But, that song is a constant reminder that if you choose to accept it, you ARE given to fly. When I hear it, I repace "he's given to fly" with "i'm given to fly". There are a bunch of other examples as well. Good things can come out of "negative"(in the christian sense) occourances.(i.e., eve eating the apple)
Old 01-31-2004, 06:38 AM   #19
Sincirr
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via ICQ to Sincirr Send a message via MSN to Sincirr Send a message via Skype to Sincirr
Quote: (Originally Posted by Tremonti_Fed) I don't think I'd be a good minister if people who know I'm Christian saw me headbanging with Iron Maiden... that's pure satanism...

I dunno about Slayer...and I'm not into Metallica, so I can give an opinion on them.
I can understand where U R coming from. Personally, I love the music cos of the sound. Some stuff I have had to throw out cos it obviously speaks against my best friend (J) and I wouldnt headbang along to that.

I have, however, helped a full on black metalhead, who also considered himself to be a satanist, find God through just hangin with him and chatting about music. We had common ground, and thru that we formed a friendship, and one night, God gave me a vision for him that really changed his situation. He was ready to commit suicide before that. Now he doesnt deny God and hopefully one day that may lead to a deeper relationship with Him. But I can tell U this much, he HATED Christians and wouldnt have given me the time of day if I didnt know the words to Angel of Death, or The Trooper. So for that guy's sake, I'm glad that I could relate to him and him to me. Know what I mean? Just a thought.

ROCK HARD!!!

Old 02-03-2004, 08:18 PM   #20
creedsister
USER INFO »
I know right were your coming from sincirr God is the reuin of Man Only He And He alone knows what it takes to reach a Soul know Matter what Others Would think Its truly A Great Thing That You helped this Guy Out Onley He Got What it takes My Friend
Hush child I,ll tell you why you have Loved Me when you were weak you have given me unselfishly Kept you From Falling Falling everywhere But Your Kness you set me free to live my life you become my Reason To Survive The Great Divide you Set Me Free Ooh Our Love Is Beautiful Ooh isn,t This Beautiful Child It Seems You Have Been My Everything
Old 02-03-2004, 08:20 PM   #21
creedsister
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Tremonti_Fed) I don't think I'd be a good minister if people who know I'm Christian saw me headbanging with Iron Maiden... that's pure satanism...

well your right that would indeed But i on the other hand would love ya~~haha
Old 02-16-2004, 01:12 PM   #22
archie bunker
USER INFO »
i feel alot of rock pulls people to god.People dont know what the singers feel god can use them to speak to people like us.Take ozzy for instance alot of people think hes evil but have you ever payed attention to words.......see you on the other side or old la tonight an wondering what he was feeling when he sang them songs ?
Old 02-16-2004, 01:22 PM   #23
creedsister
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by archie bunker) i feel alot of rock pulls people to god.People dont know what the singers feel god can use them to speak to people like us.Take ozzy for instance alot of people think hes evil but have you ever payed attention to words.......see you on the other side or old la tonight an wondering what he was feeling when he sang them songs ?
I bet I know hahaha you knew i would reply this!!! didnt ya!!! as a matter of fact im i got old la cranked right now!!!!We Can Either Die Or Go fourth!!!ROCK ON!!! GIRL AND GOD BLESS YA!!!!!
Old 06-08-2004, 05:34 PM   #24
theironhorse
USER INFO »
I have read his other book, The Rock and Roll Rebellion.

That books covers a wide range of artists/bands with a spiritual view:

Johnny Cash, Bob Dylan, Alice Cooper, U2, Gary Cherone, Lenny Kravitz, MxPx,
and others.

His site is updated almost daily with news on these artists/bands and others:
http://www.rockrebel.com/

The page today has news on Scott Stapp and The Passion of The Christ project he is working on.

Two other books on the subject:

Walk On, The Spiritual Journey of U2 / Steve Stockman
Restless Pilgrim, The Spiritual Journey of Bob Dylan /Scott Marshall

I'm looking forward to reading Mark Joseph's new book.
Old 06-10-2004, 12:16 AM   #25
creedsister
USER INFO »
Cool Thanks For the site
Old 06-10-2004, 10:21 AM   #26
Sincirr
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via ICQ to Sincirr Send a message via MSN to Sincirr Send a message via Skype to Sincirr
I have checked out RnR Rebellion. Its good. Hungry For Heaven is also an excellent book for this kinda stuff. Very good. Also, there is a fairly new one with Scott Stapp in it...cant remember what its called...grrr...

Thanks heaps for the site too.

ROCK HARD!!!

Old 06-21-2004, 01:21 PM   #27
MyAngelwings
USER INFO »
On R&R and religion, I always listen to Rock, hard rock and some metal, but I do not let it change my faith in God. I have to admit some music like Danzig- He is a proclaimed Satanist. I will not listen to.
Lately I have been coming away from alot of the metal. Going back to good ol classic rock. And some Country Rock.
Old 06-21-2004, 09:01 PM   #28
creedsister
USER INFO »
I Love Danzig As A Matter Of A Fact Im Listen To Dirty Black Summer Like Right Now, And There is A God of All And He Loves Us All Blessed Be, ROCK ON!!!!!!
Old 06-21-2004, 10:54 PM   #29
Sincirr
USER INFO »
Yeh there is certain stuff I am really cautious of listening to cos it affects me, plus, if its actually bagging out God, I aint gonna listen to stuff that is dogging my best friend, thats just wrong! On the other hand, sometimes even certain lyrics, like Billy Corgans, "God is empty..." lyric give me an insight into his life and I can pray for him, which is good, so I dont mind that kind of stuff.

ROCK HARD!!!

Old 06-22-2004, 12:16 AM   #30
creedsister
USER INFO »
Word Sincirrrrrrrrrrrrrrr,