++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Political Banter
Today's Posts «

View Poll Results: Who Has the Best Chance of Becoming President in 2008?
Rudy Giuliani (Republican; former New York City mayor) 4 40.00%
John McCain (Republican; Senator from Arizona) 3 30.00%
Hillary Rodham Clinton (Democrat; Senator from New York) 2 20.00%
John Kerry (Democrat; Senator from Massachusetts) 1 10.00%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-20-2005, 01:56 PM   #16
uncertaindrumer
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: Who Would You Like to See Run in 2008?

I hope McCain runs... Definitely don't wanna see Hilary or Kerry in. DEFINITELY don't want to see Hilary in...

I think the biggest problem is the screwy campaign system we have. It isn't the smartest people who get elected (Bush and Kerry both had D averages in college) or even the most capable people. It's the people who have the money. Granted, that is a generalization, but seriously, does no one think there were better candidates than GEORGE BUSH?! of course there were. Thousands, maybe millions... maybe 300 million. lol. But anyway, I STILL think he was better than Kerry so I was glad he got elected even though I really can't stand him.

There is something wrong with a country when the majority (or at least most of the ones I talk to) couldn't stand EITHER of the candidates but weren't really given a chance at anyone else.

Ah well, ending the rant of the day... I just hope whoever can beat Kerry and Clinton runs...
Old 12-20-2005, 02:10 PM   #17
RMadd
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by uncertaindrumer) maybe 300 million.

Old 12-20-2005, 02:34 PM   #18
Chase
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Ana4Stapp) Thanks for your answer, Chase. To sum it up,these south states are too conservative to choose Hillary, right?

Absolutely. I just think they're way too conservative to elect Hillary. To put in perspective, I believe it's more likely for the South to back an African-American Republican... then, Hillary, a wealthy, white Democrat.
Old 12-20-2005, 04:48 PM   #19
uncertaindrumer
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by RMadd)

Good to see one of my jokes can still elicit a laugh these days
Old 12-20-2005, 06:14 PM   #20
Ana4Stapp
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Ana4Stapp Send a message via MSN to Ana4Stapp

Quote: (Originally Posted by Chase) Absolutely. I just think they're way too conservative to elect Hillary. To put in perspective, I believe it's more likely for the South to back an African-American Republican... then, Hillary, a wealthy, white Democrat.

I got it, but to you - in which especific issues Hillary 'scares' the southern people ?
Look at the stars
Look at the stars, falling down,
And I wonder where, did I go wrong.

"I know a girl (Gio )
She puts the color inside of my world"

Girls become lovers who turn into mothers
So mothers be good to your daughters too
Old 12-20-2005, 10:17 PM   #21
uncertaindrumer
USER INFO »

Abortion, homosexuality, are probably somewhere near the top of the list.
Old 12-20-2005, 10:42 PM   #22
guitardude1985
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Chase) I only put the two front runners from the Republicans and Democrats. There were recent polls done that put Hillary and Rudy as the two contenders in 2008. There are guys like Newt Ginrich, Bill Frist, Mit Romney... and some others who may run. I think McCain is the best choice, but the only issue with him is his age. That may deter him from running. We shall see though.

Hmm...to me age really isnt a determining factor when voting for a person running for president. I mean, look at Ronal Reagan he was in his 70's when he was elected and IMO was one of the greatest presidents we ever had and the father of the modern day conservative movement.

I know Hillary is going to run, but it's not like shes going to be just whoosh into the position of running we have to see how she does with the primarys. Who really knows because bush still has three crutial years ahead of him. Pretty much if he can rebound back from low poll numbers we will see what plays out. Also this will be one of the first times a vice president is not going to carry on with what his boss did. I wonder if cheney(not that it's going to happen) could win if he ran?
Old 12-20-2005, 11:52 PM   #23
Ana4Stapp
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Ana4Stapp Send a message via MSN to Ana4Stapp

Quote: (Originally Posted by uncertaindrumer) Abortion, homosexuality, are probably somewhere near the top of the list.

Humm...exactly the words i had imagined to see here, too much liberalism for a very conservative people...

But one interesting note: in England (metropolis) ,from today on, the homosexual 'unions' (not using the word marriage) will be legally allowed but in the US(colonies) this 'topic' is absolutely inconceivable...

Very interesting...
Look at the stars

"I know a girl (Gio )

Old 12-20-2005, 11:53 PM   #24
RMadd
USER INFO »

Reagan also looked alot younger than McCain does. Hair dye and a tan do wonders.

Old 12-20-2005, 11:59 PM   #25
Ana4Stapp
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by uncertaindrumer) I hope McCain runs... Definitely don't wanna see Hilary or Kerry in. DEFINITELY don't want to see Hilary in...

Look at the stars

"I know a girl (Gio )

Old 12-21-2005, 01:54 AM   #26
Chase
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by RMadd) Reagan also looked alot younger than McCain does. Hair dye and a tan do wonders.

Actually, I heard that if McCain gets elected... he'll be the oldest man to take the office of President. Even older than Ronald Reagan. Thomas Jefferson once said that age doesn't matter... just the ideals... or something to that effect.
Old 12-21-2005, 02:17 AM   #27
Chase
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Ana4Stapp) Humm...exactly the words i had imagined to see here, too much liberalism for a very conservative people...

But one interesting note: in England (metropolis) ,from today on, the homosexual 'unions' (not using the word marriage) will be legally allowed but in the US(colonies) this 'topic' is absolutely inconceivable...

Very interesting...

Colonies?! C'mon now... how would you like it if we called you a subject of Portugal? lol j/k... Anyway, the topic of homosexual isn't "inconceivable" in some states. For instance, Massachusetts legalized gay marriage. However, as a whole the majority of Americans are against it (and as a result most states have amendments against it in their state constitutions). I live in California, which is traditionally a Democratic state, but the majority of Californians are against it.
Old 12-21-2005, 01:20 PM   #28
Ana4Stapp
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Chase) Colonies?! C'mon now... how would you like it if we called you a subject of Portugal? lol j/k... Anyway, the topic of homosexual isn't "inconceivable" in some states. For instance, Massachusetts legalized gay marriage. However, as a whole the majority of Americans are against it (and as a result most states have amendments against it in their state constitutions). I live in California, which is traditionally a Democratic state, but the majority of Californians are against it.

I was kidding too...lol :
But theres no problem cause we were really a colonie of Portugal ( the most important and rich one--that by the way was certainly not a good thing, if you get me....)

Hey I was just thinking interesting the difference between US and England concernin to these polemic issues and put gay marriage as an example. But of course I know isnt a total unanimity, and even in countries like England or Spain (where i "think" gay marriage is allowed too) there are people against it. And I understsnd their position, because it definitely not an easy topic...we have all the culture and religion present in this point of view... Even to me that I am "a little liberal' -this is not an easy issue
Look at the stars

"I know a girl (Gio )

Old 12-21-2005, 05:17 PM   #29
Chase
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Ana4Stapp) I was kidding too...lol :
But theres no problem cause we were really a colonie of Portugal ( the most important and rich one--that by the way was certainly not a good thing, if you get me....)

Hey I was just thinking interesting the difference between US and England concernin to these polemic issues and put gay marriage as an example. But of course I know isnt a total unanimity, and even in countries like England or Spain (where i "think" gay marriage is allowed too) there are people against it. And I understsnd their position, because it definitely not an easy topic...we have all the culture and religion present in this point of view... Even to me that I am "a little liberal' -this is not an easy issue

I always thought it was funny that little Portugal was powerful enough to control massive Brazil. The same with Spain and Britain... little countries were power.

It it interesting... the U.S. as a whole is more conservative than Great Britain. Yet, nevertheless... Britain still has a strong conservative sect. Margaret Thatcher is one. I'm surprised that so many Brazilians are liberal... based on the fact that Brazil is such a Catholic nation.

Last edited by Chase : 12-22-2005 at 02:31 AM.
Old 12-21-2005, 10:05 PM   #30
uncertaindrumer
USER INFO »

Quote: Catholic nation

A Catholic nation who doesn't really go to Church, by the looks of it. Sorta like France. Maybe I'm wrong and they do go to Church. They have made abortion illegal, which isn't that liberal.