++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Scott Stapp Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 10-10-2005, 11:58 AM   #241
Creed7352
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by ryen) i might have i dont know man my life is so masted up right now im just losing my mind. and im sorry im taking it out on u all ab is a cool band and i just miss the hell out of creed.

hey no worries man...hope things get better for you.
Old 10-10-2005, 01:20 PM   #242
HuMaN~ClAy
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by The Lithium) Yeah, I agree... I see it as a lack of creativity, self-confidence and pretty much just a caraoke show. Stapp, Brian, Mark or Flip should never ever play a Creed tune again, no matter what band they're in, unless they're together again. (And we all know that's not gonna happen). They are Creed songs, and that's it! Creed - not something else.

I totally agree w/ you.... I never got the chance to see Creed live and if by chance I go to a Stapp show and he plays Creed I'll be quick to leave and make my disgust known..... If Stapp and Tremonti had a hand shake agreement not to perform Creed songs they're not just slapping each other in the face by going back on that, they're slapping all of us in the face too....

I don't think Stapp is really the kind of person to do that... I highly suspect WU has some clause in his contract that they have some control over the music he performs....
Old 10-10-2005, 01:27 PM   #243
The Lithium
USER INFO »
Yeah, I never got to see Creed live either, too bad. Although I've seen AB 2 times and they ROCK live!!!

Anyway... Have you seen the video where Stapp played Higher with Goneblind on the Nascar Award show? I just wanted to throw up when I saw that! Damn, I'm still angry 'bout that! So fake!

"take care of yourselves.
take care of each other.
fuck gorge w. bush!
good night"
--corey taylor
Old 10-10-2005, 01:29 PM   #244
HuMaN~ClAy
USER INFO »
oh yea, i seen that..... it wasn't even good....
Old 10-10-2005, 01:34 PM   #245
Creed7352
USER INFO »
to me, it wasn't so much that it seemed fake, it was just that scott's voice has been through a lot in the last couple years and you can really see/hear him struggle with it now. i hope he's not rushing this and his voice is ready.
Old 10-10-2005, 02:32 PM   #246
The Lithium
USER INFO »
Yeah, well, that too. It was so much better before the Weathered tour! It sounds awesome on the HC album!

take care of each other.
fuck gorge w. bush!
good night"
--corey taylor
Old 10-10-2005, 04:09 PM   #247
jmhonline
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by The Lithium) Okay so good then... They don't sound like Creed? (I told you they didn't, but what the hell...) So correct me if I'm wrong, but this has been our conversation now:

Me - It sucks that Stapp will play Creed songs on tour, I think it's a lack of creativity.
You - So you must think the same about AB since they try to sound like Creed on the radio. (Which by the way had nothing to do with what I said)
sure it does. if ab has to try and sound like creed to get played on the raidio, they must lack creativity, etc.
Quote: Me - Well, I really don't think they do, but Mark wrote all the music for both Creed and AB and that might be the reason why you think they sound a like.
You - No, I don't think that and Mark himself said they don't. (Which means you, all of a sudden, just changed your opinion totally)
nope, mark said the part about sounding like creed, radio, etc.
Quote: So are you trying to start a fight, do you have problems understanding english or are you just plain stupid?

Were you born a jack-ass?
Old 10-10-2005, 05:14 PM   #248
The Lithium
USER INFO »
Hey newbie, enough is enough! Your posts have no points and they are just extremely hollow and close minded! How long have you been here, a week? I've been here for years, don't just think you can lay down new rules here, just like that! If I were you I would be a little more carefull with my posts!

take care of each other.
fuck gorge w. bush!
good night"
--corey taylor
Old 10-10-2005, 05:50 PM   #249
jmhonline
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by The Lithium) Hey newbie, enough is enough! Your posts have no points and they are just extremely hollow and close minded! How long have you been here, a week? I've been here for years, don't just think you can lay down new rules here, just like that! If I were you I would be a little more carefull with my posts!

So thats it. You have been here longer, so you can be a jackass. Okay, no prob. Just try and consider that you may be closed minded.
Old 10-10-2005, 11:15 PM   #250
uncertaindrumer
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by jmhonline) sure it does. if ab has to try and sound like creed to get played on the raidio, they must lack creativity, etc.

AB sounds like Creed because they practically are Creed. The only signifcant differences are Tremo's solos and Myles' singing, both of which can be explained in their asbence from Creed.

Quote: Were you born a jack-ass?

He could ask the same question. You have done nothing but be a jerk since you came here, so far as I can see. Maybe the time off blinded me, I am not sure.
Old 10-10-2005, 11:19 PM   #251
jmhonline
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by uncertaindrumer) AB sounds like Creed because they practically are Creed. The only signifcant differences are Tremo's solos and Myles' singing, both of which can be explained in their asbence from Creed.
I could really care less. That has nothing to do with ab trying to sound like creed to get on the radio.
Quote: He could ask the same question. You have done nothing but be a jerk since you came here, so far as I can see. Maybe the time off blinded me, I am not sure.
you are entitled to your opinion. sorry I have not closed my mind and gone with the flow
Old 10-11-2005, 02:48 AM   #252
ryen
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by jmhonline) I could really care less. That has nothing to do with ab trying to sound like creed to get on the radio.

you are entitled to your opinion. sorry I have not closed my mind and gone with the flow

i dont under stand that why use something that was in the past just to do something thats here and now. i mean they shold get there own sound. that would be like me geting a band going and trying to sound like fule or shinedown or somthing
Old 10-11-2005, 09:16 AM   #253
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by jmhonline) Were you born a jack-ass?
jmhonline, Dogstar already warned Lith about the name-calling and he agreed it was wrong. Now I'm warning you. Knock off the names, it's unnecessary and it doesn't help to get your point across.

SP: Actually, we are setting that up.

MT: It was in your contract when you signed up with us.

Old 10-11-2005, 09:28 AM   #254
uncertaindrumer
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by jmhonline) I could really care less.

Good, because if you COULDN'T care less, that would be a problem indeed.

Quote: That has nothing to do with ab trying to sound like creed to get on the radio.

It has everythingto do with it. This is THEIR SOUND. 3/4 of Creed is in AB, is it really hard to believe they would sound... Creed-ish? No. And a few songs where they do break out of Creed's mold are mostly due to Myles.

Quote: you are entitled to your opinion. sorry I have not closed my mind and gone with the flow

Yes you have. You have closed your mind. An open mind is just one that hasn't decided yet. You have. If anyone has an open mind here, its me. Cuz I don't particularly love ANY of the three bands/solo artists in question here.
Old 10-11-2005, 09:29 AM   #255
uncertaindrumer
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by ryen) i dont under stand that why use something that was in the past just to do something thats here and now. i mean they shold get there own sound. that would be like me geting a band going and trying to sound like fule or shinedown or somthing

Get their own sound? I agree, but it isn't like they were the first rip-offs. That would probably be... oh... their old band! Creed jsut copied off everyone else, it isn't like they invented that sound.