++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 10-08-2005, 01:01 PM   #1
jmhonline
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Meaning of All Songs

Is there a definitive list of all the meanings for every creed song? I've seen certain songs here and there but not much. thanks
Old 10-09-2005, 01:34 AM   #2
rabidgopher04
USER INFO »
They never said there was a particular meaning for any song. It is for you whatever you want it to be. That's pretty much the answer and the meaning of all the songs.
Old 10-09-2005, 11:21 AM   #3
jmhonline
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by rabidgopher04) They never said there was a particular meaning for any song. It is for you whatever you want it to be. That's pretty much the answer and the meaning of all the songs.

That is incorrect. I have read stapp say exactly why a song was written, etc. WAWO is one example.
Old 10-09-2005, 11:45 AM   #4
geletmote
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by jmhonline) That is incorrect. I have read stapp say exactly why a song was written, etc. WAWO is one example.

Yep thats right... type creed song meanings in google ull get it, as for the other dude uve mixed that up that was the crossroad theory from human cly album u choose whiever way u want to go...
Old 10-09-2005, 11:57 AM   #5
jmhonline
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by geletmote) Yep thats right... type creed song meanings in google ull get it, as for the other dude uve mixed that up that was the crossroad theory from human cly album u choose whiever way u want to go...

thanks

Jason
Old 10-09-2005, 06:18 PM   #6
titan9
USER INFO »
Here's a good site for Creed song meanings: http://www.geocities.com/totallycreed/meanings.htm Of course, not all of those are probably the actual song meanings, but I liked the way the guy interpretted some of the songs.

Check out my friend's Music blog by here!
Old 10-09-2005, 08:34 PM   #7
Ana4Stapp
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Ana4Stapp Send a message via MSN to Ana4Stapp
I recall Stapp saying he didnt like telling the real meaning of the Creed songs cuz he wanted who every fan could be able to understand them on their own way...except by WAWO and Lullaby, of course.

and yeah, Titan I know the link you put here, but those are the guy's interpretations...
Look at the stars
Look at the stars, falling down,
And I wonder where, did I go wrong.

"I know a girl (Gio )
She puts the color inside of my world"

Girls become lovers who turn into mothers
So mothers be good to your daughters too

Last edited by Ana4Stapp : 10-09-2005 at 08:42 PM.
Old 10-10-2005, 01:33 AM   #8
rabidgopher04
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by jmhonline) That is incorrect. I have read stapp say exactly why a song was written, etc. WAWO is one example.
Ummm...no, I am not incorrect. WAWO is the only song that Scott has explicitly said what the meaning is. The rest of them are for all of us to figure out.

Quote: (Originally Posted by geletmote) Yep thats right... type creed song meanings in google ull get it, as for the other dude uve mixed that up that was the crossroad theory from human cly album u choose whiever way u want to go...
That's a new one. I've been following the band very closely since 1997 and never heard that one before. I think you're mixed up.
Old 10-10-2005, 01:36 AM   #9
jmhonline
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by rabidgopher04) Ummm...no, I am not incorrect. WAWO is the only song that Scott has explicitly said what the meaning is. The rest of them are for all of us to figure out.
If you say so. Thanks anyways
Old 10-10-2005, 08:43 AM   #10
geletmote
USER INFO »
I dont think so big man, havent u read interviews, tremo sais its for ppl to choose their own path, the human clay crossroads cover..

That's a new one. I've been following the band very closely since 1997 and never heard that one before. I think you're mixed up.[/quote]
Old 10-10-2005, 09:36 AM   #11
jmhonline
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by geletmote) I dont think so big man, havent u read interviews, tremo sais its for ppl to choose their own path, the human clay crossroads cover..

That's a new one. I've been following the band very closely since 1997 and never heard that one before. I think you're mixed up.
[/quote]

I read tons. why would I care what tremonti said? obviously, it would be more important what stapp said (and I don't mind what other fans think as well since some songs are lost on me till I read someone else's perspective), and stapp has commented even though some posters deny this one minute and confirm it another
Old 10-10-2005, 11:33 AM   #12
titan9
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Ana4Stapp) and yeah, Titan I know the link you put here, but those are the guy's interpretations...

Yeah, I personally liked the way he interpretted them, so I thought I'd post the link on here.

Check out my friend's Music blog by here!
Old 10-10-2005, 01:12 PM   #13
HuMaN~ClAy
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by rabidgopher04) Ummm...no, I am not incorrect. WAWO is the only song that Scott has explicitly said what the meaning is. The rest of them are for all of us to figure out.

You're right... none of the band members, including Stapp, ever gave a real meaning for any of the songs besides WAWO and I guess Lullaby... they want us to interperate them the way we want to.... it's supposed to make us apperciate the songs more.... U can find site with ppl giving what they interperate the songs to mean, but nothing from the band.... and lots of people have come up with some awesome song meanings
Old 10-10-2005, 01:37 PM   #14
Creed7352
USER INFO »
i know stapp has said where he was at when writing some of the songs, but i don't think he really ever gave a definitive meaning to them...other than WAWO and Lullaby.

let's see if we can list the ones he's talked about where he was when he wrote them...

MOP - the famous high on mushrooms story
Higher - read a book on lucid dreaming
WTLF - friends' suicide
WAWO - jagger
Lullaby - lullaby to jagger

i think that's it...anyone else have any? i'm having trouble remembering off the top of my head.
Old 10-11-2005, 10:23 PM   #15
rabidgopher04
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Creed7352) i know stapp has said where he was at when writing some of the songs, but i don't think he really ever gave a definitive meaning to them...other than WAWO and Lullaby.

let's see if we can list the ones he's talked about where he was when he wrote them...

MOP - the famous high on mushrooms story
Higher - read a book on lucid dreaming
WTLF - friends' suicide
WAWO - jagger
Lullaby - lullaby to jagger

i think that's it...anyone else have any? i'm having trouble remembering off the top of my head.

IIRC I heard one time that Beautiful was about his ex-wife or their divorce or something like that. But I'm not sure if that's what Scott mentioned or what someone else thought of.