++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 06-04-2004, 04:05 PM   #16
Ann Allusion
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
My goodness...how much nicer and neutral this particular announcement is...the one put out by Wind Up...than the one done by MTV...NO ONESIDED FINGER POINTING...just basically the facts....

Ask yourself why MTV's report was so detramental?...guess Mark was PMSing...

~Ann~
Old 06-04-2004, 04:10 PM   #17
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Scott chose not to participate. He could have stated his case as well. I think Mark was just being honest about how and what he felt.
Old 06-04-2004, 04:17 PM   #18
PaulMcCoygirl
USER INFO »
I'm really glad that I was fortunate enough to go see them on the Weathered tour. It would have been awesome to see them again, but hey, I couldn't ask for more. I'm looking forward to the Alter Bridge cd and I can't wait to see them on tour. I'll definitely miss Creed because their songs helped me through a lot. Without Creed, I would have never met you guys, so I thank them for that. Hey, Alter Bridge is my second chance at meeting Mark, Flip and Brian. I can't wait for them to get rolling.

---------------------------------------------------

Somewhere there's someone who dreams of your smile,
and finds in your presence that life is worth while.
So when you are lonely, remember it's true
Somebody somewhere is thinking of you
Old 06-04-2004, 04:34 PM   #19
Ann Allusion
USER INFO »
Quote: Scott chose not to participate. He could have stated his case as well. I think Mark was just being honest about how and what he felt.

right, Dogstar..and Mark will be honest with his "feelings" with anyone he can tell them to...remember the first "can of worms"...that was just honesty too, huh.

I have no problem with honesty...but i do have a problem when the person being "honest" does so at the expense of someone else and makes it look like they hold little or no fault in the situation. Stapp's choice was his, he has his reasons for doing what he does...but you will also note that anything he has said about Mark and Flip publically has always been above board without finger pointing or blame.

To continue in this manner will definitely alienate many who may have thought about supporting Mark's new project...it's best to just cut losses, shake hands, and move forward...remember when you point a finger there are three pointing back at you.

~Ann~

Last edited by Ann Allusion : 06-04-2004 at 04:37 PM.
Old 06-04-2004, 04:50 PM   #20
Steve
Administrator
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Steve Send a message via MSN to Steve
Quote: (Originally Posted by Ann Allusion) right, Dogstar..and Mark will be honest with his "feelings" with anyone he can tell them to...remember the first "can of worms"...that was just honesty too, huh.

I have no problem with honesty...but i do have a problem when the person being "honest" does so at the expense of someone else and makes it look like they hold little or no fault in the situation. Stapp's choice was his, he has his reasons for doing what he does...but you will also note that anything he has said about Mark and Flip publically has always been above board without finger pointing or blame.

To continue in this manner will definitely alienate many who may have thought about supporting Mark's new project...it's best to just cut losses, shake hands, and move forward...remember when you point a finger there are three pointing back at you.

~Ann~

Actually, Ann, the article points out that Stapp was asked to comment but he refused. Take the article how you will, just remember that Mark has never spun anything in the past. He's told fans at meet & greets how it is and what would be happening. All that ended up being fact.

The things that I've loved the things that I've lost
The things I've held sacred that I've dropped
I won't lie no more you can bet
I don't want to learn what I'll need to forget
- Audioslave, "Doesn't Remind Me"
Old 06-04-2004, 05:10 PM   #21
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Ann Allusion) right, Dogstar..and Mark will be honest with his "feelings" with anyone he can tell them to...remember the first "can of worms"...that was just honesty too, huh.

Yeah, and it turned out he was not BSing about the breakup.

I'm not naive enough to think Mark didn't have an agenda, but maybe he was just fed up with the whole situation going nowhere. It's his perception of whatever the reality of the situation is or was. Obviously, he's going to have some feelings about that. And there ARE two sides to every story and Scott had a chance to state his. He didn't. His problem. Personally, I think Mark did what he did with as much class as possible. He could have called him names, he could have revealed whatever personal problems they were having, but he didn't. Have you read some of the garbage the former members of Pantera have said about each other publicly? Frankly, I'd rather have him at least try to explain it than be fed the BS PR spin that usually comes out with these situations. People aren't stupid. And this was a huge band. People want to know what happened.

Quote: I have no problem with honesty...but i do have a problem when the person being "honest" does so at the expense of someone else and makes it look like they hold little or no fault in the situation. Stapp's choice was his, he has his reasons for doing what he does...but you will also note that anything he has said about Mark and Flip publically has always been above board without finger pointing or blame.

And without the whole truth in my mind. Do you honestly believe Scott's really that magnaminous regarding the rest of the group? He's human. It's a friendship that has deteriorated and I'm sure he was just as frustrated with whatever was going on or not going on as the others were. If he chooses not to discuss it, fine. But after what he said about Chicago, I take what he says with less credence. He wasn't honest, he didn't take responsibility and that explanation was a joke. Maybe he kept quiet after taking flak for the Chicago explanation, who knows? He's very image conscious.

Quote: To continue in this manner will definitely alienate many who may have thought about supporting Mark's new project...it's best to just cut losses, shake hands, and move forward...remember when you point a finger there are three pointing back at you.

~Ann~

Maybe so, but he didn't alienate me. I've always been a supporter of the whole group, not one over the other. But I also don't like being BSed.
Old 06-04-2004, 05:35 PM   #22
Ann Allusion
USER INFO »
Quote: People aren't stupid. And this was a huge band. People want to know what happened.

No people aren't stupid...but there is a point where descretion is necessary...not dishonesty...but descretion.

Quote: Do you honestly believe Scott's really that magnaminous regarding the rest of the group? He's human. It's a friendship that has deteriorated and I'm sure he was just as frustrated with whatever was going on or not going on as the others were. If he chooses not to discuss it, fine

yes, he is only human..but i believe he did/has used restraint and descretion in his public comments..it's sad when friendships deteriorate...very frusterating...but it is not an excuse to say what one will...then again i guess if Mark has no problem with it...that's his perogitive...just know that i would not do that to someone i was friends with...some things are just better not said.

Quote: But after what he said about Chicago, I take what he says with less credence. He wasn't honest, he didn't take responsibility and that explanation was a joke. Maybe he kept quiet after taking flak for the Chicago explanation, who knows?

exactly...who knows...

Quote: He's very image conscious.

most entertainers are...might be a lesson in that...

Quote: Maybe so, but he didn't alienate me. I've always been a supporter of the whole group, not one over the other. But I also don't like being BSed.

I've always been a supporter of the group as a whole too attempting not to separate one over the other...if the tables were turned, i would be saying the same thing for whomever was in this position...it's at this time stapp's integrity and class are standing out more to me..

~Ann~
Old 06-04-2004, 06:05 PM   #23
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Well, his integrity didn't show in Chicago and what transpired after that. I prefer honesty to a sanitized, rose-colored view of things. I guess we can agree to disagree.
Old 06-04-2004, 06:07 PM   #24
Ann Allusion
USER INFO »
agreed...

~Ann~
Old 06-04-2004, 06:22 PM   #25
Jooji_2
Banned
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Ann Allusion) To continue in this manner will definitely alienate many who may have thought about supporting Mark's new project...it's best to just cut losses, shake hands, and move forward...remember when you point a finger there are three pointing back at you.

~Ann~

I've read so many posts by people who are honestly jazzed about Alterbridge...but then they have to start in with the blame game. If you are excited about what you have to look forward to....why is it necessary to then turn and say something negative about someone not even involved in the project?

I've posted at another site about getting really tired of the above scenario. Reading that MTV interview certainly hasn't changed my mind. Not saying the two of them shouldn't have been honest....you can be honest and not spin just one side of the story. The way that they went about it certainly didn't get me jazzed to buy their CD. Sorry I'm just being honest with regard to how it struck me when I read it.
Old 06-04-2004, 06:26 PM   #26
Steve
Administrator
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Steve Send a message via MSN to Steve
Quote: (Originally Posted by Dogstar) Well, his integrity didn't show in Chicago and what transpired after that. I prefer honesty to a sanitized, rose-colored view of things. I guess we can agree to disagree.

Quote: (Originally Posted by Ann Allusion) agreed...

Why can't everyone have arguments on these forums like this? Nice, peaceful, and civil!

The things that I've loved the things that I've lost
The things I've held sacred that I've dropped
I won't lie no more you can bet
I don't want to learn what I'll need to forget
- Audioslave, "Doesn't Remind Me"
Old 06-04-2004, 07:42 PM   #27
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Old 06-04-2004, 07:46 PM   #28
hayley
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via MSN to hayley Send a message via Yahoo to hayley
This is a sad day...eveything I have read on here so far has made me sad! Weird

Guess it's just hitting home again
Cape Reinga, to the fiords in the south.
Harbour lights in the City of Sails
Aroha, the love that never fails
See the bird with the leaf in her mouth
After the flood all the colours came out.'

- Beautiful Day, Auckland, NZ - 24 Nov 2006
Old 06-04-2004, 08:04 PM   #29
Higher_Desire
USER INFO »
That really sucks, but thanks for posting it.

H-D

Today I'm gonna try a little harder
Gonna make every minute last longer
Gonna learn to forgive and forget
'Cause we don't have long
Gonna make the most of it

Today I'm gonna love my enemies
Reach out to somebody who needs me
Make a change, make the world a better place
'Cause tomorrow could be one day too late

--lyrics from "One Day Too Late" by Skillet
from their new album "Awake"
Old 06-04-2004, 08:23 PM   #30
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
geez, Ann and Jooji: you're being too biased. I love Stapp to death, his voice called my attention to Creed. But he lost it... he needs to taste his medicine. But this turns to be a wake up call and Stapp can be the Stapp we know and like again. He's been living hell since weathered... Flip said he never quits his cellphone... he has a child to take care... and tons of other personal problems. Who knows the future? I don't... maybe things are happening for better things to come.

Stapp needs a well-deserved time to "understand" things.

But stopp adoring Stapp like he's some kind of God. That's what took him to this. Give him a break.