++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Closed Thread

Old 12-04-2003, 06:49 PM   #1
reliable_sources
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
I heard this from sources close to the band and their management... Scott Stapp has fallen off the deep end. Apparently, he has moved to Hawaii and hasn't been in contact with Tremonti & Phillips in quite some time.
He has also reportedly had several arguments with management over the band's management contract, stating that he feels that "...since the band isn't doing anything at the moment, our manager's cut of our proceeds should be lowered."

Apparently, this pissed off Tremonti who threatened to leave the band if Stapp went throught with his plan. Afterall, it was Jeff Hanson himself who forked over the money and took the biggest risk of his life to get Creed to where they are today.

Finally, as we all know, MTV.COM reported that Tremonti and Phillips are looking for a lead singer for a new side project. Isn't it ironic that Stapp is "putting out a solo album in 2004"? I know Tremonti is as well but something seems wrong here...

They have no touring plans... to remind fans that they are a band, they are releasing a "Greatest Hits" album.... something is wrong here and it seems like Stapp might be the problem.

The reason their web site is never updated is because nobody, whether it be management or the record label wants to deliver bad news. They will only post the stuff you WANT TO HEAR. Hell.. look at Evanesence as a prime example... the two bands share the same record label.... if you go to their web site (www.evanescence.com), it still doesn't mention that their lead guitarist, Ben Moody left the band. On all accounts, the web site looks as if he is still a member of the band.

You can tak all this for what its worth. My sources are real. They have confirmed that Stapp definitely lost it.... he hasn't been in touch with many close to him as of late.
Old 12-04-2003, 06:59 PM   #2
devils_here
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to devils_here Send a message via Yahoo to devils_here
I suppose we will just have to hope and pray that he makes it through whatever it is he is going through. Then maybe after that they can work on getting Creed back together again.

Just my

"I am a nobody, and nobody is perfect; therefore, I am perfect."
Old 12-04-2003, 07:00 PM   #3
DangerousDan85
USER INFO »
"and this concludes today's episode of Inside Edition"
And yet I fight
This battle all alone
No one to cry to
No place to call home

Alice in Chains- Nutshell
Old 12-04-2003, 07:04 PM   #4
SCOTTSMYMAN
USER INFO »
:lol: Dan

We all sometimes forget that Creed are actually made of real people! We all put them up on a pedestal! I know he has been having alot of problems personally and he's taking the wrong avenue in dealing with them! Hopefully he will see this and get better not for us but for himself and his son! to Scott! (boy what I wouldn't give to be actually able to do that! I'd probably get carried away) :lol:

"I'm not like the girls that you've known
But I believe I'm worth coming home to
Kiss away night
This girl only sleeps with butterflies "
Old 12-04-2003, 07:06 PM   #5
hide
USER INFO »
I don't know whether your sources are accurate but I do feel that Stapp must be the problem here. I can understand that he wants to make a solo album that is no biggie. His songwriting will improve and guitar playing will improve out of sight. However Tremonti is releasing a solo album plus forming a new band which to me confirms there is something amiss with Scott.

This is pure conjecture of course but isn't that what bulletin boards are for?
Old 12-04-2003, 07:13 PM   #6
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
<!--QuoteBegin-DangerousDan85+12-04-2003 07:00 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (DangerousDan85 @ 12-04-2003 07:00 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> "and this concludes today's episode of Inside Edition"

[/b][/quote]
LMFAO!!!! :lol:
Old 12-04-2003, 07:14 PM   #7
whocares
Banned
USER INFO »
Hawaii huh???? I wonder if the picture posted of stapp this week was from hawaii??? I believe that was miami!!! Or maybe thats miami hawaii????? who knows...Your sources are mistaken my friend!! P.s. Hansen and stapp are best friends....They live very close to each other...
Old 12-04-2003, 07:24 PM   #8
Jez
USER INFO »
<!--QuoteBegin-reliable_sources+12-04-2003 03:49 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (reliable_sources @ 12-04-2003 03:49 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> I heard this from sources close to the band and their management... Scott Stapp has fallen off the deep end. Apparently, he has moved to Hawaii and hasn't been in contact with Tremonti & Phillips in quite some time.
He has also reportedly had several arguments with management over the band's management contract, stating that he feels that "...since the band isn't doing anything at the moment, our manager's cut of our proceeds should be lowered."

Apparently, this pissed off Tremonti who threatened to leave the band if Stapp went throught with his plan. Afterall, it was Jeff Hanson himself who forked over the money and took the biggest risk of his life to get Creed to where they are today.

Finally, as we all know, MTV.COM reported that Tremonti and Phillips are looking for a lead singer for a new side project. Isn't it ironic that Stapp is "putting out a solo album in 2004"? I know Tremonti is as well but something seems wrong here...

They have no touring plans... to remind fans that they are a band, they are releasing a "Greatest Hits" album.... something is wrong here and it seems like Stapp might be the problem.

The reason their web site is never updated is because nobody, whether it be management or the record label wants to deliver bad news. They will only post the stuff you WANT TO HEAR. Hell.. look at Evanesence as a prime example... the two bands share the same record label.... if you go to their web site (www.evanescence.com), it still doesn't mention that their lead guitarist, Ben Moody left the band. On all accounts, the web site looks as if he is still a member of the band.

You can tak all this for what its worth. My sources are real. They have confirmed that Stapp definitely lost it.... he hasn't been in touch with many close to him as of late. [/b][/quote]

Creed~~Bullets
Old 12-04-2003, 07:25 PM   #9
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Exactly, Jez...just another wannabe who wants to stir up sh*t...I smell a troll .
Old 12-04-2003, 07:29 PM   #10
creedsister
USER INFO »
<!--QuoteBegin-DangerousDan85+12-04-2003 07:00 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (DangerousDan85 @ 12-04-2003 07:00 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> "and this concludes today's episode of Inside Edition" [/b][/quote]
God,,Bless,,ya dan,,you,,are,,the,,man,,
Hush child I,ll tell you why you have Loved Me when you were weak you have given me unselfishly Kept you From Falling Falling everywhere But Your Kness you set me free to live my life you become my Reason To Survive The Great Divide you Set Me Free Ooh Our Love Is Beautiful Ooh isn,t This Beautiful Child It Seems You Have Been My Everything
Old 12-04-2003, 07:35 PM   #11
Jez
USER INFO »
<!--QuoteBegin-Dogstar+12-04-2003 04:25 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Dogstar @ 12-04-2003 04:25 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> Exactly, Jez...just another wannabe who wants to stir up sh*t...I smell a troll . [/b][/quote]
Um yeah.... especially since it's their first post...
No "hey how are ya, I'm so and so and I'm new to the board"....just dove straight into the bullshit.

eta..
Quote: I wonder if the picture posted of stapp this week was from hawaii??? I believe that was miami!!! Or maybe thats miami hawaii?????
No shit... Don't think Stapp woulda flown 654894 hours just to hang out with Tara (even though she is blonde and kinda cute )

Creed~~Bullets
Old 12-04-2003, 07:43 PM   #12
Kim V.
USER INFO »
Oh, brother, here we go again! Whocares, you're right; those pics taken of him were in Miami as far as I've heard. Does anyone seriously think he'd come all the way from Hawaii to Miami for that party? Can't everyone just leave the guy alone and let him get his life together? He is a human being, he's not perfect (nor are any of us) and he's probably needing some time to get his life in order, yet he also needs to get out and have a little fun (I can't believe people made such a big deal about how he looked in those pics!) Do we all look perfect when a pic is snapped of us? C'mon folks, let the guy live his life!

If there's one thing I hope I showed you... Just Give Love To All

Next Time I See This Face, I'll Say I Choose To Live For Always....So Won't You Come Inside and Never Go Away

There's Still Time...All That Has Been Devastated Can Be Recreated.....Realize, We Pick Up The Broken Pieces Of Our Lives, Giving Ourselves to Each Other, to Rest Our Head On
Old 12-04-2003, 07:49 PM   #13
devils_here
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to devils_here Send a message via Yahoo to devils_here
You tell 'em Kim

"I am a nobody, and nobody is perfect; therefore, I am perfect."
Old 12-04-2003, 07:57 PM   #14
hide
USER INFO »
Exactly Kim too many act as we have some ownership of the band and Scott in paricular!
Old 12-04-2003, 08:08 PM   #15
creed_freek
USER INFO »
so what if scott is having a rough time.. before u judge him, think about all the times wen u needed a break from everyone. sometimes life throws things at you that ur not expexting, and everyone needs a chance to get their priorities straight.

that being said, i cant wait till tremo's new album... woo buddy. it should be bad ass.