++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 01-08-2003, 12:04 AM   #46
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Okidoke, check your PM's in 2 minutes.

SP: Actually, we are setting that up.

MT: It was in your contract when you signed up with us.

Old 01-08-2003, 02:58 AM   #47
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
OK, I'm a little late here, and I don't want to rile people up again, but I have to say that that was a pretty lame *statement*. And while I'm sure they are bound by the fear of legal action, it's still pretty spineless, IMHO. Did they post this on the web site? I didn't get an e-mail from them, but I was wondering if this was on Creed.com. Guess I could check. DOH! I think that statement might have done more harm than good. They need better spin doctors.
Old 01-08-2003, 10:58 AM   #48
hockeymom97
USER INFO »
Sorry Im posting late on this. But it was another late night at the office.

Quote: I feel sorry for your son Hockeymom. Have you told him?

Yes, I printed the email and showed it to him. He was a little confused by it. There was somewhat of an apology in it

Quote: The band has heard that you are unhappy with the quality of the recent Creed show in Chicago.  We apologize if you don't feel that the show was up to the very high standards set by our previous shows

I did explain to him that Scott was not going to come right out and apologize due to Lawyers telling him not to. If you really sit and think about it, that could open him up to some lawsuits. We did think that maybe they would mention a fan appreciation show to be held at some point in time just because Scott has said if he feels the concert was not up to Creeds stardards he would redo it. Sort of like what they did with Vegas. However we are disappointed that is not going to happen, but we are not mad at Creed about it. My son has said that it is hard to get the images of Scott that night out of his head, but as time goes on he is beginning to laugh about it. Don't take that the wrong way, he is only 14 and is realizing how silly scott looked up there. Think of it as if you saw a drunk acting goofy on the street. You would laugh at what they were doing. So he is doing just fine. Thanks for asking.

I think the statement could have been said much better, but it is what it is and as someone here posted maybe eventually Scott will say something. If not, what are we going to do. It is what it is. I do think that I am going to reply to the email from JHMP with my story about my son, in hopes that it will get to Scott and let him see that even though we were upset with him and the performance that Chicago is very forgiving and we do stand by him. Let me know if you think that is a good idea.

Have to get back to work now.
Old 01-08-2003, 11:27 AM   #49
FormerCreedFan
USER INFO »
First off, I have seen Creed six times and by far this was the worst show ever.

There is no excuse. And for those of you who weren't in Chicago you can keep your mouths shut.

The statement that was posted by their "management" was disrespectful and all fans should be insulted.

I do not care who you are but as an artist and performer, this is your job. As bad as a day you are having doesn't give you the right to do what you did. Their "management" should have been the ones responsible for it and I hold them responsible.

Do you ever see teachers going to their job piss drunk? What would happen to them. As bad of a day, you have to go in like nothing ever happened.

Don't tell me to get over it because I can't. I will never pay to see another show again and forget about the "new material" Creed can kiss my ass!
Old 01-08-2003, 11:48 AM   #50
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
whatever dude... don´t care!
Old 01-08-2003, 02:26 PM   #51
ronda
USER INFO »
Yes, this was a lame statement.
But you people have to realize something here. The music and experience of a show are ruined. Nothing will change that . An apology or refund , it still dont erase things. He did not account to us, but then again does he have to? The only way for us to show him to be accountable is to stop buying the music, stop hitting the creed web sites. The bitching and moaning will not change a thing, niether will a formal statement. You want , we want,, we expect. Who told you life was going to give us what we want or expect.
We are all right, in all of our views.

One thing I realize now is Creed has good music , good meanings to the songs. And sometimes puts on a good show, sometimes not. ONe thing is for sure,, Scott Stapp is human, and he does a SHOW.. A performance , like an actor on TV> Do you think he does this for the fans?????
NO>>>>
He is doing this for <MONEY>
Money is the reason here, not our feelings. So we may as well stop complaining about the show. THey do not care, the statement showed you how much they CARE> ,,, It didnt read sorry fans for the behavior and bad show we are working on a way to make it right. DID IT??? no . it did not . THe message the statment is move on .
Ever go to a terrible movie anyone???? Did you tell them the actor sucked and you want a refund?
Life is not always fair. And creed is just a band .. nothing magical here.
Old 01-08-2003, 02:35 PM   #52
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
As one member here has said many a time: Worship the music, not the musicians.
Old 01-08-2003, 03:32 PM   #53
hotforscott
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by velocityidp
I know, I know. I just saw it coming, though. I'm just a little frustrated that most non-Chicago-concert-goers don't seem to understand how big of a slap in the face this was. To be such a huge fan of the band, support Stapp in his struggles, and then to see him out there the way he was... I was sad. At that point, I was ONLY sad. &nbsp;

It was after a few days after the Philly concert, and no apology or any mention of that slap in the face, that I spoke out about the injustice and lack of respect for the fans.

Again, as I've said numerous times before... I support Stapp in his personal struggles and I empathize with him. I can cut him a break for being completely drunk in Chicago, but what I can't accept is the fact no apology was even attempted. &nbsp;

Know what I mean? It's a slight but very important distinction to make. This says a lot to me and all the other Chicago fans.

I didn't mean to put words in your mouth. I apologise if you felt I did. That was not my intention. i was not trying to bash you at all. I just was surprised, like Teri said about you having the sudden change. I understand where you are coming from and I think we will get the apology from Scott once he's rested, etc.
Old 01-08-2003, 05:19 PM   #54
Yvonne
USER INFO »
Response to 12/29 Chicago show

Okay.....a little tired of hearing about what happened in Chicago. Yes, I was there and as Jeff Hanson mentioned in his reponse to the thousands who were unhappy with CREED'S performance...I was part of history.

The show was not as good as I know it could have been(seen them twice in concert,) it was like I was watching a friend go into total melt down and there was nothing I could do.

I was surprised that an e-mail was sent ALMOST apologizing for the performance. For whatever reasons the words "CREED apologizes for the not so good performance in Chicago," was not stated in the e-mail I say, WHO CARES if they didn't actually apologize. I didn't expect Scott, Mark, or Scott P to give me a ring and say, "Hey, Yvonne I know the show was not what you expected, so what we're gonna do is give you your money back, and then we're gonna do a special concert for you and your friends." Give me a break people......stop whining like spoiled little babies who don't get their way......GET OVER IT and be a little understanding......I mean come on how many times in your lives have you screwed up and didn't actually apologize?
Anyway.......I still love the band and will continue to listen to their music, buy new cds, go to the concerts.

Mr. Hanson assured everyone that Scott is okay and I personally am relieved......because despite all of this fame and fortune, what state would Jagger be if something was seriously wrong with his father.

Yvonne
Old 01-08-2003, 05:30 PM   #55
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Thank you Yvonne!! Finally a voice of reason!! Did people truly expect a complete statement of wrongdoing? It may have been lame and it may not have been what everyone wanted, but it was something. It was at the very least, an acknowledgement of something not being right.

Old 01-08-2003, 05:34 PM   #56
tru2mine
USER INFO »
if scott was that drunk he probably doesnt remember so how could he completely apologize?
Old 01-08-2003, 06:04 PM   #57
velocityidp
USER INFO »
Quote: WHO CARES if they didn't actually apologize
It would have been nice if the members of Creed were able to show a little bit of empathy/understanding to the fans. The band/fan relationship is especially vital to Creed, and if they were genuinely concerned about the welfare of the fans, a personal apology would have been written. Lawsuits as an excuse for this? Give me a break.

Quote: I didn't expect Scott, Mark, or Scott P to give me a ring and say...blah blah blah. Stop whining like spoiled little babies who don't get their way
Well duh... But I did expect him to say SOMETHING. Again, to remind you, we paid the band around $1,000,000.00 that night for a concert. What we got was a sham, and everyone knows it.

I can give Scott a break for being drunk on stage, because I know he's having a rough time. But what I can't accept is the fact no apology was given; another huge slap in the face to Creed fans. An apology is not asking much, it's common decency and Scott's responsibility to his band and their fans.

Yes, even Scott Stapp has some responsibilities.

Quote: GET OVER IT and be a little understanding
That would be a good thing to say if one were still whining about the drunkeness incident despite an apology from Stapp. However, such an apology has not occurred. This issue speaks to the character of the band, and is still ongoing.

Furthermore, why must I "understand" everything that Scott does, no matter how out of line? Can't I expect Scott to "have a little understanding" for his own fans? Is there no way Stapp can cross the line in your mind? What he did was perhaps the most insulting thing you can do to fans at a concert. And then to not apologize? That's just wrong on so many levels.

I'm a huge Creed fan, but I guess I'm just not obsessed enough to stamp "it's OK, I feel your pain..." on even the most outrageous behavior.

I mean, come on, set some standards!
By the words of men who have no ground

Can't sleep beneath the trees of wisdom
When your axe has cut the roots that feed them
Forked tongues in bitter mouths
Can drive a man to bleed from inside out

- "What If", Creed
Old 01-08-2003, 06:13 PM   #58
velocityidp
USER INFO »
Quote: Do you think he does this for the fans????? &nbsp;
NO>>>>
He is doing this for <MONEY>
The gaping lack of an apology, so far, is proving your statement correct.

I always thought that Creed was more than just about money. The final results of this ongoing ordeal will give you a pretty good idea as to where Creed's (or, at least, Scott's) priorities lie.
By the words of men who have no ground

Can't sleep beneath the trees of wisdom
When your axe has cut the roots that feed them
Forked tongues in bitter mouths
Can drive a man to bleed from inside out

- "What If", Creed
Old 01-08-2003, 06:45 PM   #59
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Ok, I believe we all have gotten the point.

Old 01-08-2003, 06:54 PM   #60
Yvonne
USER INFO »
Although I respect your opinion and your points are well taken, I still say GET OVER IT!!! My mind is not clouded when it comes to CREED......my post did not say, "All hale the mighty gods of CREED, especially Stapp, who cannot do any wrong in my eyes"

The guy was drunk, screwed up the concert and didn't even apologize.....I don't know about you but worse things have happened to me.

CAN WE JUST MOVE ON?

Yvonne