++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Faith / Religion
Today's Posts «

Old 01-26-2004, 05:38 PM   #106
njcreedite
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by bgivens33) It's not in the "Top Ten" list.... so... I'm thinking in another 25 years or so it will be thought of as divorce is now.

let's hope so...intolerance is intolerable.
We were both singers. Chris Cornell The first time we played he came to this little club and he told me that it was really good and he was thankful that I was there and that I was who I was, or something really nice, but the whole time he was saying this, he didn't realize but he was standing under a black light, and his teeth were glowing and his eyes were glowing. I remember it as my first conversation with Satan ..."
Old 01-26-2004, 05:38 PM   #107
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by bgivens33) It's not in the "Top Ten" list.... so... I'm thinking in another 25 years or so it will be thought of as divorce is now.

Old 01-26-2004, 05:49 PM   #108
bgivens33
USER INFO »
Yes, but is tolerating intolerence intolerable? Or do you have to become intolerent to intolerence to become tolerent?? That is the real question.
Old 01-26-2004, 05:56 PM   #109
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
LOL, now that's a tongue-twister, but I see your point.
Old 01-26-2004, 06:06 PM   #110
njcreedite
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by bgivens33) Yes, but is tolerating intolerence intolerable? Or do you have to become intolerent to intolerence to become tolerent?? That is the real question.

Ahhhhhh excellent point. I think we all need to be tolerant of all people but can be intolerent to intolerable ideas...
We were both singers. Chris Cornell The first time we played he came to this little club and he told me that it was really good and he was thankful that I was there and that I was who I was, or something really nice, but the whole time he was saying this, he didn't realize but he was standing under a black light, and his teeth were glowing and his eyes were glowing. I remember it as my first conversation with Satan ..."
Old 01-28-2004, 07:40 PM   #111
Prs4me
USER INFO »
Quote:I usually leave these threads alone...cause I tend to be more liberal than most, but.....

Not that long ago left handed people were persecuted as being of Satan.
Now of course we know that being left handed, right handed or ambidextrous is just a part of brain function...nothing more, nothing less.

Sexual orientation is the same thing. I'm hoping someday science will be able to prove (it's already done this..but I guess it's still too complex for most to understand. ) in an easily understood way...how this is all just a matter of brain function. Till then, I just hope most people live and let live.

I could be wrong but isnt that like saying God messed up when He created man. IMHO science will never prove that homosexuality is in the "genes".
If anything they will label it as hereditary only because they can not explan it.
God would not create something, then say what He had created sinful.
Just a thought.
Old 01-28-2004, 09:13 PM   #112
Sincirr
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via ICQ to Sincirr Send a message via MSN to Sincirr Send a message via Skype to Sincirr
Tollerance is intollerable!
Love everybody!!!!!!!!!!!!

ROCK HARD!!!

Old 01-28-2004, 09:25 PM   #113
creedsister
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Prs4me) Quote:I usually leave these threads alone...cause I tend to be more liberal than most, but.....

Not that long ago left handed people were persecuted as being of Satan.
Now of course we know that being left handed, right handed or ambidextrous is just a part of brain function...nothing more, nothing less.

Sexual orientation is the same thing. I'm hoping someday science will be able to prove (it's already done this..but I guess it's still too complex for most to understand. ) in an easily understood way...how this is all just a matter of brain function. Till then, I just hope most people live and let live.

I could be wrong but isnt that like saying God messed up when He created man. IMHO science will never prove that homosexuality is in the "genes".
If anything they will label it as hereditary only because they can not explan it.
Just a thought.
God Made Everything For Himself By Him Self B/C He Is God ]]] Hes at the door knocked and shall be open>SEEK AND YE SHALL FIND
Hush child I,ll tell you why you have Loved Me when you were weak you have given me unselfishly Kept you From Falling Falling everywhere But Your Kness you set me free to live my life you become my Reason To Survive The Great Divide you Set Me Free Ooh Our Love Is Beautiful Ooh isn,t This Beautiful Child It Seems You Have Been My Everything
Old 01-28-2004, 10:26 PM   #114
souldancer
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Prs4me) Quote:I
Just a thought.
So, maybe God didn't mess up. And, what makes you think that God refers to homosexuality as sinful? I only know of people doing that.
Old 01-28-2004, 10:38 PM   #115
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Exactly, SD. And somebody earlier mentioned that it was not listed in the Top 10 of dos and don'ts.
Old 01-28-2004, 10:59 PM   #116
hide
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Dogstar) Exactly, SD. And somebody earlier mentioned that it was not listed in the Top 10 of dos and don'ts.

well its not something that people say and God doesn't care about, as much as we would like that to be the truth. Go and read your bibles both the Old and New Testaments. Genesis, Levictus, Galatians are a good start!
Old 01-28-2004, 11:06 PM   #117
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
The Bible was written by man, thus it's said by man. It's all about interpretation and as njcreedite has said, wars have been fought over its words.
Old 01-28-2004, 11:20 PM   #118
hide
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Dogstar) The Bible was written by man, thus it's said by man. It's all about interpretation and as njcreedite has said, wars have been fought over its words.

2 Timohty 3:16 the bible claims to be inspired by God, and if you say that is rubbish then hell we'll just invent our own God then! There are areas open to interpretation but this is not one of them, its black and white!
Old 01-28-2004, 11:22 PM   #119
hide
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by njcreedite) let's hope so...intolerance is intolerable.

it will be thought of as divorce is now but is this is from man's perspective after all that changes from year to year at best and means not much at all.
Old 01-28-2004, 11:24 PM   #120
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by hide) 2 Timohty 3:16 the bible claims to be inspired by God, and if you say that is rubbish then hell we'll just invent our own God then! There are areas open to interpretation but this is not one of them, its black and white!
Operative word, *claims* to be inspired by God, interpreted by man. Nothing in this life is black and white.

And there are those who believe man did invent God, just to explain the unexplainable...I'm not saying I subscribe to that thinking, but there are a lot of people who believe that.

Last edited by Dogstar : 01-28-2004 at 11:26 PM.