++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 12-01-2003, 09:21 AM   #1
NeedforCreed
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
If the band is no more, who would be more successful, Tremonti or Stapp? I'd say Stapp. As much as I like Tremonti, Stapp is the hand that rocks the cradle. Take a look at what happened when John Fogerty left CCR. Granted, Tremonti is one of the best guitar players around, there's more to be found. The best thing the band can do is stick it out and regroup.
Now and then I consider, my hesitation
The more the light shines through me
I pretend to close my eyes
The more the dark consumes me
I pretend I'm burning, burning bright

shinedown.com
Old 12-01-2003, 09:45 AM   #2
Redeemer
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Redeemer Send a message via MSN to Redeemer Send a message via Yahoo to Redeemer
Yo, diva, u are so right. I think Stappy would have a stellar post-Creed life. But then again, so would 'Monti. But Stapp would definitely have the bigger piece of double chocolate fudge-dipped pie.
Old 12-02-2003, 03:18 PM   #3
RMadd
USER INFO »
hmm...... i'd hafta say that tremo would be more popular. stapp doesn't seem popular among people who are not creed fans... people just don't like him.... however, i've never heard anything negative 'bout mark, b/c he's not as well-known... i imagine, given the opportunity to front a band (or be more in the limelight), he could be more successful and popular among a greater number of people than he is now.... i don't see a bright future for scott

Old 12-02-2003, 07:29 PM   #4
hide
USER INFO »
Scott has the public face and of course the much greater voice so I think his solo album will be more commercially successful and post-Creed he would do better. Let's just hope that in 2005 we get a full album and world tour!
Old 12-02-2003, 09:03 PM   #5
creedlvr
USER INFO »
I'm still hoping that they work things out. That's how I think they would do best. But to answer your question ...

I would bet on Stapp (as long as he pulls himself together if need be). While Mark is a great guitarist, Stapp has that recognizable voice that people love. It was his voice, lyrics and charisma that pulled me in.

However, I agree that a lot of people don't like him. (Of course, I believe they just misunderstand him.) I think less people have already formed an opinion of Mark because he is not the face to the band. Lead singers usually do get more attention.

Let's just hope we don't have to find out who's better because they'll stay together.
Old 12-03-2003, 12:36 AM   #6
facelessman
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to facelessman Send a message via MSN to facelessman
i would say Tremonti...stapp is not popular amongst those who arent Creed fans, and out of all the Creed haters i know, they hate them b/c of stapp, ever think of that? Hand that rocks the Cradle? what are you smoking, or are you just stupid? Stapp would be nowhere without the rest of the band, especially tremonti. but ill give you this...the band would be nowhere without Stapp
and ive seen more guts on 11 year old kids.
Have another drink and drive yourself home
I hope theres ice on all the roads
and think of me when you forget your seatbelt
and again when your head goes through the windshield.
Seventy Times Seven- Brand new
Old 12-03-2003, 08:14 AM   #7
Redeemer
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Redeemer Send a message via MSN to Redeemer Send a message via Yahoo to Redeemer
Bear and faceless (dan, i mean ), I have to agree that I haven't EVER heard a bad thing said about 'Monti...even by sworn Creedhaters. It's weird. But Stapp...whew, we won't go there. Dan, it's a little harsh to be calling NfC stupid...IMHO, of course. But damnit Bear, I see a glorious future for Scott. Because he's finally going to see his son grow up in person.
Old 12-03-2003, 08:53 AM   #8
DSDTonya
USER INFO »
Quote: I haven't EVER heard a bad thing said about 'Monti...even by sworn Creedhaters. It's weird

I agree too! Personally I think I'd be more into what Stapp's doing while definitley keeping tabs and supporting Tremo too--BUT I think Tremo has more potential to gain new alot fans while keeping the old where I think the majority of Stapp's followers would be Creed fans. Stapp seems to get such a bad rap. Ya never know though?
Old 12-03-2003, 11:54 AM   #9
Creed_Defaultgirl
USER INFO »
<!--QuoteBegin-creedlvr+12-02-2003 09:03 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (creedlvr @ 12-02-2003 09:03 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> I'm still hoping that they work things out. That's how I think they would do best. But to answer your question ...

I would bet on Stapp (as long as he pulls himself together if need be). While Mark is a great guitarist, Stapp has that recognizable voice that people love. It was his voice, lyrics and charisma that pulled me in.

However, I agree that a lot of people don't like him. (Of course, I believe they just misunderstand him.) I think less people have already formed an opinion of Mark because he is not the face to the band. Lead singers usually do get more attention.

Let's just hope we don't have to find out who's better because they'll stay together. [/b][/quote]
Exactly, I totaly agree!
"...My beaten heart is in your hands, What I really need is shelter, And a chance to relearn love, Teach me all over, All over to relearn love, Show me again, So I can relearn love, The comfort of your arms around me, Your tender hands caress my head, I lay beside you, I'm not worthy..."
Relearn Love~Scott Stapp
Old 12-03-2003, 12:08 PM   #10
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
<!--QuoteBegin-DSDTonya+12-03-2003 08:53 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (DSDTonya @ 12-03-2003 08:53 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->
Quote: I haven't EVER heard a bad thing said about 'Monti...even by sworn Creedhaters. It's weird

[/b][/quote]
That's true. Even the Creed haters I know give grudging approval to Mark's guitar skills. They'll say, I can't stand Scott Stapp, but Tremonti's a decent guitar player. If Tremo finds the right front man, he could go far. I think Tonya's right. The majority of people going for Scott's solo work likely will be Creed fans. I do think Mark has the potential to draw in quite a few new fans.
Old 12-03-2003, 12:58 PM   #11
Jooji_2
Banned
USER INFO »
<!--QuoteBegin-creedlvr+12-03-2003 02:03 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (creedlvr @ 12-03-2003 02:03 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->I'm still hoping that they work things out.&nbsp; That's how I think they would do best. But to answer your question ...

I would bet on Stapp (as long as he pulls himself together if need be).&nbsp; While Mark is a great guitarist, Stapp has that recognizable voice that people love.&nbsp; It was his voice, lyrics and charisma that pulled me in.

However, I agree that a lot of people don't like him. (Of course, I believe they just misunderstand him.)&nbsp; I think less people have already formed an opinion of Mark because he is not the face to the band.&nbsp; Lead singers usually do get more attention.

Let's just hope we don't have to find out who's better because they'll stay together.[/b][/quote]
I have female friends that aren't even Creed fans (actually they listen to hip-hop and dance music) but you mention Creed and the first thing out of their mouth is how much they like the singer's voice. So I don't agree that Stapps only supporters will be existing Creed fans. If Tremonti just simply takes the songs he wrote for Creed, and brings in another singer....I doubt I will be interested...cause it will just be Creed without a recognizable voice.....THE voice. If he takes it and goes in the direction of what he says are his influences, and it ends up a heavy metal band....that isn't what I'm interested in either. Won't pass judgement until I actually hear it, but I'm just not that optimistic that it will be something I will be interested in. Where Stapp is concerned....he has the voice...and people recognize it. Sure I'm interested in hearing what either of them decide to do....but figure I will be more likely to want to hear the voice.

But I do agree that I would prefer that this whole experiment in solo efforts plays itself out and in a couple of years things return to what we know as Creed.
Old 12-03-2003, 01:10 PM   #12
Redeemer
USER INFO »
Wow...really? Jooji, you're one of the lucky ones. I still haven't met anyone who is willing to agree w/me on Stappy's amazing voice. How sad is that. What a world we live in. Grrr. But you're right...take away THE VOICE and Creed is just a pretty name. Word.
Old 12-03-2003, 01:43 PM   #13
DSDTonya
USER INFO »
Quote: Wow...really? Jooji, you're one of the lucky ones. I still haven't met anyone who is willing to agree w/me on Stappy's amazing voice

Sooooo not true--any feeders here think Stapps voice isnt amazing???????
I know I do-like I said
Quote: Personally I think I'd be more into what Stapp's doing

and I also agree here
Quote: If Tremonti just simply takes the songs he wrote for Creed, and brings in another singer....I doubt I will be interested...cause it will just be Creed without a recognizable voice.....THE voice

YeS! I was thinking more along the lines of Tremo changing the style in his new band-but if its just like Creed minus Scott-I wont be so excited. Would feel odd like I'm betraying Stapp.
Old 12-03-2003, 01:45 PM   #14
DSDTonya
USER INFO »
Quote: take away THE VOICE and Creed is just a pretty name. Word.

Sorry-not trying to be confrontational but I completely see and respect the talent of the other members of Creed too. Mark & Flip are amazing musicians!

ETA typo lol
Old 12-03-2003, 01:52 PM   #15
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
I have yet to meet anyone who isn't a Creed fan give Stapp any credit. You are lucky, jooji...Also, yes, if Mark goes in the direction he says he wants to, which he probably does, then it could be really cool. I wouldn't want him not to evolve if he's going off in another direction.