++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Music Matters
Today's Posts «

Old 11-14-2003, 02:15 AM   #61
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Yeah, Bee Girl was OK, but the ones you mentioned are awesome, except for Last Kiss. I hated that song as a kid, and I still hate it, even if it's Eddie crooning away. That song always made me gag, LOL.
Old 11-16-2003, 08:25 PM   #62
hide
USER INFO »
hey but there is something addictive about Last Kiss, something quite catchy. The really annoying thing about Last Kiss is that all the people who don't like PJ love this song. It drives the "real fans" crazy but I normally don't skip it on boots.

What do you think of the song about Layne? I have heard its got a bit of a raspberry at the Jerry board!
Old 11-16-2003, 09:46 PM   #63
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
I'm on the fence about the Layne tribute song. I think maybe it was a raw, emotional response from Ed. It didn't blow me away or anything, but I have to give if a few more listens before I decide what I think about it. At first spin, it didn't knock my socks off. Yeah, the peeps at the Jerry board really took issue with the lyrics, saying basically that Ed was a jerk for calling people who were influenced by Layne f*ckers and such.

Yeah, that's true about nonfans' liking Last Kiss but not PJ as a whole. I wouldn't skip it on a boot because I like to hear the whole concert, but I still can't stand it .
Old 11-16-2003, 10:46 PM   #64
hide
USER INFO »
cool fair enough i didn't know that they thought he was a jerk. Last Kiss is cool to sing along to I just wish these fans of this song would like PJ's stuff that is much better. The song about Layne is very raw its not written as a radio hit whereas Staind's is much more streamlined. Therefore Staind's song is probably a better song but perhaps not as heartfelt as Ed's song.
Old 11-16-2003, 11:06 PM   #65
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Yeah, I agree. I think Ed's is a more immediate reaction, whereas, maybe Staind's came a bit later after really thinking about Layne. That being said, I still like the Staind one. It's better than Cold's...Musically, that just didn't jive with the lyrics, IMO...It didn't seem to fit to me.

Ed's being a jerk was just my interpretation of what the peeps on the board said in general.
Old 11-18-2003, 01:42 AM   #66
crudwideopen
USER INFO »
(Eddie Vedder Blender Interview)

He does not enjoy hearing Pearl Jam imitators such as Nickelback or Creed on the radio. Pearl Jam's music, he believes, just doesn't lend itslef to "karaoke." Despite Pearl Jam's turtle-ish attitude toward fame, he says, fans have still grown tired of their churning guitars and his soulful growl. "They got sick of us," he says with a shrug, "but probably from hearing other bands that sound like us." He laughs. "Fuckers!" he exclaims, raising a fist into the air, shaking it righteously and cursing the indignity of it all. "Goddammit

(Radio interview)
"I'm told that they sound like us. And I'm told by people who get angry at their radios `cause they turn it up thinking it's me and then they turn it back down realizing it's not. And,... I'll try and take the high road and say "They say imitation is the sincerest form of flattery"