++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Chat-O-Rama
Today's Posts «

Old 11-08-2004, 11:01 AM   #1
Torn Daredevil
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas

Hey, any gamers out there? I got the game shortly after it came out, and it's pretty damn awesome. When I get tired of the missions, I just mess around and cause mass destruction... but I'm not very far in the game. Any others who've played it and wanna discuss?

Old 11-08-2004, 12:20 PM   #2
RMadd
USER INFO »
i'm pissed off b/c it's not coming out for PC for another year or so they estimate (if at all).... bah! and 2 of my roommates who have ps2's aren't huge fans of GTA in general (i dunno what's wrong w/ 'em), so they're not buying it
but same goes for me for vice city... when I get tired of missions, i steal a tank and quickly get 6 stars, then find a high place and bazooka the hell outta the cops!

Old 11-08-2004, 12:22 PM   #3
RMadd
USER INFO »
[edit]

Last edited by RMadd : 11-08-2004 at 12:22 PM. Reason: moronity
Old 11-08-2004, 02:15 PM   #4
Mulletman
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Yea I got it the day it came out. I dont like the racial and ethic comments at the begining of the game. But once you get out of the Grove Street bullshit, the game picks up. So far my favorite character is OG Loc! He r0x0x0rs.. anyway, I like how now talk radio and "news updates" on certain radios comment on your previous missions. My favorite part of the game is the rpg style game style; 60+ hours worth of missions. It takes about 10 hours [not counting side missions] just to leave Los Santos. My brother gave CJ a big fro, I gave him blonde corn rolls... I really wanted to give him some huge Jamaican dread locks. Oh well.

Two side things that I suggest you take into consideration [no spoilers];

At 12:01, exactly, check out your map. It will give you a specific target to take a picture of. Its kinda neat.

If you leave the controller alone for a long period of time, we all know that the characters do something. Tommy Verseti would stretch and yawn and stuff. CJ sings, which is kinda neat, BUT, if you leave it long enough... the camera will focus on something in the background that you wouldnt normally pay attention to.

Other than that, where are you?
Old 11-08-2004, 03:06 PM   #5
The Lithium
USER INFO »
I'm so gonna get it for PC when it's released! I have Vice City and it ROCKS!!

"take care of yourselves.
take care of each other.
fuck gorge w. bush!
good night"
--corey taylor
Old 11-08-2004, 03:08 PM   #6
RMadd
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by The Lithium) I'm so gonna get it for PC when it's released! I have Vice City and it ROCKS!!
ain't that the truth!
oh, and if any of you fellas know of a way to, say, rip it to a format playable on PC, that'd be awesome

Old 11-08-2004, 04:28 PM   #7
Torn Daredevil
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by RMadd) ain't that the truth!
oh, and if any of you fellas know of a way to, say, rip it to a format playable on PC, that'd be awesome

Nope, but I'm sure someone has done it or as least attempted. I too just looooove using cheats and blowing a whole city block to hell. I don't think I've ever gotten 6 stars though...

This is better than Vice City. Not only is it like 5X bigger, it doesn't have that annoying 80's theme and awful music. I like goofing off so I'm not very far, still in Los Santos... *sigh*

Am I the only one who noticed how kickass "Radio X" is in this game? Alice In Chains, Soundgarden, STP, Jane's Addiction, Guns N' Roses, Danzig, Ozzy, and more... WOW!
Old 11-08-2004, 05:56 PM   #8
Mulletman
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
I got tired of Radio X very quickly. I leave it on WCRT, funny shit. The only time I have it on Radio X is when I can perfectly time a mission to Welcome to the Jungle. Best mission to time to WTTJ is the last Big Smoke mission.
Old 11-08-2004, 09:18 PM   #9
RMadd
USER INFO »
yeah, i'm working on a download of what appears to be a full crack of the game for pc, but the remaining eta has been anywhere from 20 hrs to 100+ hrs to go. it's nearly 800 MB, which sounds about right, and my dl speed has been holding steady @ between 2 and 4 kbps. goddamn people with their fucking slow internet!

Old 11-08-2004, 09:48 PM   #10
Torn Daredevil
USER INFO »
Are you on dial-up?

You need to get a PS2!!!
Old 11-08-2004, 10:21 PM   #11
RMadd
USER INFO »
no man, i'm on T-1, but I suspect the idiot from whom i'm downloading it is on dial-up! i think i just might get a ps2 if this download here doesn't work. normally i have no problem downloading a song at close to 100 kbps, so long as the other person isn't restricted in some way, but this fella's going hella slow. well, at least it's not in the 0.xx range (knock on wood)

Old 11-08-2004, 11:49 PM   #12
Torn Daredevil
USER INFO »
Man get a PS2, it's so worth it. I stood in line the night they came out in October of 2000. The store had 35 copies and I got number 31, I think. It still works, but I recently got a new one to bring with me to school. And if you ever need advice on what games to get, I'd be more than happy to help. :-)
Old 11-09-2004, 08:40 AM   #13
Mulletman
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
PS2 uses DVD media. So you can download console games or free off the net and burn them on DVD-/+Rs and as long as you have a mod chip of some sort, they will run.