++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 05-06-2004, 05:38 PM   #1
altered
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
controversy Scott vs Myles

Speaking as Myles Kennedy fan for years, I see the Scott vs Myles times ahead.First, Myles is a flat out amazing singer. He is even better live. I think you will love him if you give it a chance. For those who dont know he is a extremely talented guitar player also. To hear him and Mark jam together would be something else. Second, Myles has a huge heart, he is one of the nicest people on the planet. Keep that in mind before ripping on the guy. We can all enjoy the Creed discs that have been released, but I honestly beleive Alter Bridge will be sooooo good and so huge there will be no going back. It also seems more then just Marks solo project considering the entire band minus Scott is together. I do wish Scott luck on his project also. Someone had mentioned an amazing cover of a who song Myles did, Your right I have it on video!
Old 05-06-2004, 05:58 PM   #2
altered
USER INFO »
Creed fans

Also I know some Creed fans will be upset about the band ending, but Mark deserves way more credit for the whole Creed sound and the bands success.I know Alter Bridge wont let you down whether you like the heavy stuff or the heart felt ballads.
Old 05-06-2004, 06:09 PM   #3
Creed_Defaultgirl
USER INFO »
Have we not given Myles a chance??? I haven't heard him yet, but I take everyone's word that he is a great singer. If he wasn't, Mark wouldn't have picked him! Has anyone here been discriminating Myles??? I was just wondering why you put that.
Oh, welcome to the board Altered. Hope you enjoy your stay here!
"...My beaten heart is in your hands, What I really need is shelter, And a chance to relearn love, Teach me all over, All over to relearn love, Show me again, So I can relearn love, The comfort of your arms around me, Your tender hands caress my head, I lay beside you, I'm not worthy..."
Relearn Love~Scott Stapp
Old 05-06-2004, 06:15 PM   #4
Trees of Wisdom
USER INFO »
On video? A download?

A download that you can email me at my email address?
Old 05-06-2004, 07:06 PM   #5
altered
USER INFO »
thanks

thanks for the welcome! No, everybody for the most part has been open minded about the new band, wich is great! I am just ahead of some of the critics.I know evrybody has there own opinion, I respect that also! Just hoping to give the bright side to the people to dont like whats going on.Plus I am a HUGE fan of Myles and Marks
Old 05-06-2004, 07:10 PM   #6
altered
USER INFO »
on video, I have alot of Myles pictures, but I want to get permission before posting any.The new one of Myles and Mark in LA is very cool~
Old 05-06-2004, 08:55 PM   #7
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
I love Stapp and Creed (all of them) to death, for many reasons that's not the case to write it down right now. But I welcomed Myles with arms wide open!!!

I'm looking forward for the new band!
Old 05-06-2004, 09:39 PM   #8
Wylde-Tremonti
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by altered) Speaking as Myles Kennedy fan for years, I see the Scott vs Myles times ahead.First, Myles is a flat out amazing singer. He is even better live. I think you will love him if you give it a chance. For those who dont know he is a extremely talented guitar player also. To hear him and Mark jam together would be something else. Second, Myles has a huge heart, he is one of the nicest people on the planet. Keep that in mind before ripping on the guy. We can all enjoy the Creed discs that have been released, but I honestly beleive Alter Bridge will be sooooo good and so huge there will be no going back. It also seems more then just Marks solo project considering the entire band minus Scott is together. I do wish Scott luck on his project also. Someone had mentioned an amazing cover of a who song Myles did, Your right I have it on video!
How do you see that?
Honestly i haven't seen a single Person even hinting to that... i realize you're knew here... but i really dont think this Thread is Neccessary... which is a good thing...

Jesus + Guitars = Life
Old 05-06-2004, 11:42 PM   #9
aussiecreeder
USER INFO »
altered you wouldn't be the person joking about selling that video of baba to us would you?

we are not going to have a billy corgan, james iha type situation and many of us have welcomed this project but when one of your fav bands (if not fav band for many) goes through this it is not easy. Mark and Myles will obviously be great.....bring it on!
Old 05-07-2004, 01:39 AM   #10
hayley
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via MSN to hayley Send a message via Yahoo to hayley
Welcome to the board, Altered.

Scott vs Myles...I seriously doubt that very much
Cape Reinga, to the fiords in the south.
Harbour lights in the City of Sails
Aroha, the love that never fails
See the bird with the leaf in her mouth
After the flood all the colours came out.'

- Beautiful Day, Auckland, NZ - 24 Nov 2006
Old 05-07-2004, 06:41 PM   #11
altered
USER INFO »
answers

I hope you guys are right. I realize everybody loves Creed as a whole, so it just worrys me how fans will react to Myles thats all. No, not selling any thing either I do hear some things ocasionally and will be happy to share it with you all though!
Old 05-07-2004, 09:04 PM   #12
aussiecreeder
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by altered) I hope you guys are right. I realize everybody loves Creed as a whole, so it just worrys me how fans will react to Myles thats all. No, not selling any thing either I do hear some things ocasionally and will be happy to share it with you all though!

well the less then internet savvy fan probably has no idea what is going on. those that have being keeping up went through the denial phase and most are now psyched to hear Alter Bridge's material. There are "Stapp fans" and some are put out but perhaps when they hear the music they will turn around.
Old 05-07-2004, 09:50 PM   #13
hayley
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via MSN to hayley Send a message via Yahoo to hayley
Quote: (Originally Posted by altered) I realize everybody loves Creed as a whole,
Yes, of course. But this isnt Creed anymore, this is Alter Bridge.

Quote: (Originally Posted by altered) it just worrys me how fans will react to Myles thats all.
How do you think fans will react?
Cape Reinga, to the fiords in the south.
Harbour lights in the City of Sails
Aroha, the love that never fails
See the bird with the leaf in her mouth
After the flood all the colours came out.'

- Beautiful Day, Auckland, NZ - 24 Nov 2006
Old 05-07-2004, 10:16 PM   #14
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
I'm sure comparisons will be made, but that's inevitable, given the makeup of Alter Bridge...basically Creed without Stapp. I think people here for the most part have been pretty open-minded about Myles. We really can't react until we hear the new stuff.
Old 05-07-2004, 11:42 PM   #15
creedsister
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Creed_Defaultgirl) Have we not given Myles a chance??? I haven't heard him yet, but I take everyone's word that he is a great singer. If he wasn't, Mark wouldn't have picked him! Has anyone here been discriminating Myles??? I was just wondering why you put that.
Oh, welcome to the board Altered. Hope you enjoy your stay here!
i think ive been good
Hush child I,ll tell you why you have Loved Me when you were weak you have given me unselfishly Kept you From Falling Falling everywhere But Your Kness you set me free to live my life you become my Reason To Survive The Great Divide you Set Me Free Ooh Our Love Is Beautiful Ooh isn,t This Beautiful Child It Seems You Have Been My Everything