++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Scott Stapp Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 01-11-2005, 05:17 PM   #16
Agent D
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by titan9) One positive is that they've been good supporters of Alter Bridge so far. Hopefully they are the same way when Scott's CD comes out.

Yes, I'm very happy VH1 is supporting AB so much. Hopefully they'll do the same for Scott. Of course, who knows. A long time from now, maybe VH1 will suddenly turn on them again.
Old 01-11-2005, 09:16 PM   #17
titan9
USER INFO »
Yeah, but I'd like to think that they'll play Stapp's videos, and play them often. I'm hopeful when it comes to that. VH1 and Fuse are definitely alot better than MTV. MTV hasn't been good since they got rid of MTV Rock, one of the greatest channels ever.

Check out my friend's Music blog by here!
Old 01-11-2005, 10:32 PM   #18
Agent D
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by titan9) Yeah, but I'd like to think that they'll play Stapp's videos, and play them often. I'm hopeful when it comes to that. VH1 and Fuse are definitely alot better than MTV. MTV hasn't been good since they got rid of MTV Rock, one of the greatest channels ever.

I hope they will too.

I was never able to experience the joys of MTV Rock.
Old 01-12-2005, 03:13 PM   #19
titan9
USER INFO »
Yeah, I briefly got to experience it for 6 months. We finally got digital cable and with it came hundreds of channels. So MTV Rock was one of them. They played some good stuff on there. That was the only MTV station where you'd see nothing but Rock. Drowning Pool, Metallica, lots of Rock artists on there. MTV 2 plays Rock videos during the "Rock Countdown" show. But I rarely see Rock videos on the original MTV, or even the new MTV Hitz.

Old 01-12-2005, 04:36 PM   #20
The Lithium
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by EvenStream) I think it's wrong that he's doing Creed songs, we call them CREED songs for a reason!
I so agree!!

"take care of yourselves.
take care of each other.
fuck gorge w. bush!
good night"
--corey taylor
Old 01-12-2005, 04:37 PM   #21
Jooji_2
Banned
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by revisfoot) The fact of the matter is, is that Stapp is simply not delivering. When you don't deliver to your fans, they become antsy, restless, and soon get tired of waiting. Yes, we've heard "rumours" of a solo record, which was originally set for release in NOVEMBER, then pushed back to, what we HOPE, is now March 2005. But, if he's truly in the studio right now, and if he wants to keep his fans interested, give them some news! Some video clips! Some music snippets! Something! The last thing we heard was "Relearn Love," and then a remixed version. And, yes, I know, we've all seen him on television, doing "Higher" with the guys from Goneblind. But, where's the new stuff? Like I said, if you don't deliver, then there's no ending to hint at.

Maybe the reason for the delay is that apparently there has been a change in Producers......

http://64.233.187.104/search?q=cache...ork+city&hl=en

This information was posted at PBF by Frankie. I'm guessing that a change in producers would be reason enough that the release should be delayed.

Hope that url works....I don't know how to post them here. The gist of the information was that Ron St. Germain is now the producer for Stapps solo release.

Last edited by Jooji_2 : 01-12-2005 at 04:41 PM.
Old 01-12-2005, 05:00 PM   #22
The Lithium
USER INFO »
Still, if things like that happens you've gotta tell the fans! AB would have done it the very same day!

"take care of yourselves.
take care of each other.
fuck gorge w. bush!
good night"
--corey taylor
Old 01-12-2005, 06:08 PM   #23
titan9
USER INFO »
You know what? I blame Wind Up for the lack of information and lack of news, not Stapp. Wind Up needs to get off their lazy butts and give us some information. Why not get Stapp to write a little update every now and then? And why not release the Relearn Love video? Just give us something until his solo CD comes out. I am, however, relieved that he's no longer working with that R&B producer. Hopefully the new guy is a better fit for Stapp.

Old 01-12-2005, 06:44 PM   #24
Higher_Desire
USER INFO »
Overall, I agree with you Andrew, though another point could be for how big his head got during his career. Somewhere along the line, he began to care about the money more than the music, which from what we've heard from Mark, was a big contributer to his not wanting to work with Scott anymore.

With regards to the delays, it gets annoying because this isn't the first time it's happened. Remember the original release date for Weathered? Remember the DVD? Remember tours we were promised? The list goes on. Stapp never wanted to make things public. He even said he didn't think a formal annoucement was needed on the breakup of Creed. He refused to let what was happening on the Weathered tour to be made public (rehab from his accident, medication, withdrawl from the guys, etc.) Mark has always been more on a level to talk to the fans and keep them up to date on what is happening than Scott.

Don't get me wrong, I'm a huge fan of his, but it just seems that his priorities are a little skewed.

H-D

Today I'm gonna try a little harder
Gonna make every minute last longer
Gonna learn to forgive and forget
'Cause we don't have long
Gonna make the most of it

Today I'm gonna love my enemies
Reach out to somebody who needs me
Make a change, make the world a better place
'Cause tomorrow could be one day too late

--lyrics from "One Day Too Late" by Skillet
from their new album "Awake"
Old 01-12-2005, 07:50 PM   #25
ctfan
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Higher_Desire) Overall, I agree with you Andrew, though another point could be for how big his head got during his career. Somewhere along the line, he began to care about the money more than the music, which from what we've heard from Mark, was a big contributer to his not wanting to work with Scott anymore.

With regards to the delays, it gets annoying because this isn't the first time it's happened. Remember the original release date for Weathered? Remember the DVD? Remember tours we were promised? The list goes on. Stapp never wanted to make things public. He even said he didn't think a formal annoucement was needed on the breakup of Creed. He refused to let what was happening on the Weathered tour to be made public (rehab from his accident, medication, withdrawl from the guys, etc.) Mark has always been more on a level to talk to the fans and keep them up to date on what is happening than Scott.

Don't get me wrong, I'm a huge fan of his, but it just seems that his priorities are a little skewed.

H-D

You don't make money unless you tour. Just ask Dave Matthews. Stapp, I believe was the one who wanted a break...needed a break. He had family. And Mark accused him of being lazy. Go fucking figure.

He refused??? HE REFUSED???? Jeez, you really need to read up a bit more dude, he explained all that a long time ago. He didn't refuse anything, he was TOLD not to make anything public. Mark doesn't keep his fans up to date on shit, esp boards like this....Mike does it for him. Last I remember, Stapp doesn't have a brother to be his mouth piece.

Stapp has skewed priorities....LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh please, I think that's what the whole problem is...Stapp's priorites are right were they are supposed to be, and Mark didn't like it.....
Old 01-12-2005, 08:41 PM   #26
aussiecreeder
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by ctfan) You don't make money unless you tour. Just ask Dave Matthews. Stapp, I believe was the one who wanted a break...needed a break. He had family. And Mark accused him of being lazy. Go fucking figure.

He refused??? HE REFUSED???? Jeez, you really need to read up a bit more dude, he explained all that a long time ago. He didn't refuse anything, he was TOLD not to make anything public. Mark doesn't keep his fans up to date on shit, esp boards like this....Mike does it for him. Last I remember, Stapp doesn't have a brother to be his mouth piece.

Stapp has skewed priorities....LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh please, I think that's what the whole problem is...Stapp's priorites are right were they are supposed to be, and Mark didn't like it.....

oh should i even respond......oh forget it he has over a year off. if any of us had even 2 months off we would be begging in the street for a handout. if mark has made things public (whoever was his "mouthpiece" is irrevelant) then stapp could have as well. the record company can't make him keep quiet neither could his management. i would assume he is going to tour this album and he's hoping for a creed reunion down the track. i would assume he's going to tour then cause he knows the other guys love it.

if stapp no longer wants to tour because of his responsblites that is fine and in fact better than fine. but that doesn't make mark or any of the others lesser human beings. lets face it, none of the other guys have the hundreds (yes i'm using hyperbole) of stories thrown around about them like stapp does. doesn't the fact that the tea party have also left after his creed bandmates did say something about what its like to work with stapp circa 2005?
Didn’t have a life.
Didn’t have a life.
But surely saved one.
Alright, now it’s time for us to let you go.

Tool
Wings for Marie
Old 01-12-2005, 08:52 PM   #27
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by aussiecreeder) if stapp no longer wants to tour because of his responsblites that is fine and in fact better than fine. but that doesn't make mark or any of the others lesser human beings. lets face it, none of the other guys have the hundreds (yes i'm using hyperbole) of stories thrown around about them like stapp does. doesn't the fact that the tea party have also left after his creed bandmates did say something about what its like to work with stapp circa 2005?
Old 01-12-2005, 10:55 PM   #28
titan9
USER INFO »
I'll say one thing:if Stapp's not touring much and doing much because of being concerned about being a good father to his son, I completely understand that and support him. I don't think any of us can really talk about Stapp personally.....we don't know him. We THINK we know him, based on what has been said in public. But, we don't truly know him. We're not friends with him, we don't talk to him on the phone, most of us probably haven't even met him. Is it disappointing that there's a lack of news concerning his solo career? YES, it is. But do I blame Scott? No, not as much as I blame Wind Up. Wind Up could get off their lazy, fat butts and give us updates.

Old 01-12-2005, 11:00 PM   #29
aussiecreeder
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Dogstar)

thanks kerri! titan no we don't know stapp and we can only go by what we see and hear in the public eye. however if someone chooses to believe that fire doesn't accompany smoke then so be it if you know what i mean.
Didn’t have a life.
Didn’t have a life.
But surely saved one.
Alright, now it’s time for us to let you go.

Tool
Wings for Marie
Old 01-12-2005, 11:34 PM   #30
tremonti4life04
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to tremonti4life04 Send a message via Yahoo to tremonti4life04
I hope beyond hope that stapp's album is worth the wait. I know i said a lot of things about stapp playing creed songs (and i still think its wrong) but at the same time, he was the lead singer for creed. What stapp needs to do is give us more detail about what hes doing, some pictures of him in the studio, some music, something, anything! I am one of those people who lose interest fast, but creed has kept my interest, hell, they are the reason i became a musician, and i give stapp credit as my vocal influence, but at the same time, im going to be highly upset with him if the date gets pushed back again. As a musician, i can understand his need for perfection, but at the same time, he needs to keep his fanbase interested, and im pretty close to losing interest, because im thinking alter bridge will have 3 new albums out before stapp puts one out (they are a fast group of individuals, for all we know, they could have a studio on their tour bus, recording new things as they ride along)

Trust me
Trust me
Trust me
Trust me...Trust me