++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Scott Stapp Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 11-09-2004, 06:08 PM   #106
Jooji_2
Banned
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Velvet Revolver played Birmingham on November 5th. I just saw the review of the concert in the Sunday edition of the News. The review said that they played both Guns N Roses tunes and Stone Temple Pilot tunes in addition to their own....and that the crowd loved it.
Old 11-10-2004, 02:41 PM   #107
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Whoopie do. Those groups (STP and GNR) had been pretty much done for years. For some of us, not enough time has passed to allow for hearing anyone but ALL the original members doing Creed stuff.
Old 11-10-2004, 05:20 PM   #108
fluttergirl
USER INFO »
It's like a man and a woman being married for ten years, and having a kid. Both get involved with other people, but they don't put the new person in the parental position that the other filled. A lot of fans, myself included, are merely wishing there was some time, for it to heal a little bit before they hear someone else playing Creeds music with Stapp, thats all. We're not saying 10 years from now it shouldnt be allowed.

-Amber

"A person should not believe in an "-ism," he should believe in himself."
-Ferris Bueller
Old 11-10-2004, 05:56 PM   #109
Jooji_2
Banned
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Dogstar) Whoopie do. Those groups (STP and GNR) had been pretty much done for years. For some of us, not enough time has passed to allow for hearing anyone but ALL the original members doing Creed stuff.

To each his or her own....if you don't want to hear it don't buy the record and don't attend the concerts...No one is going to force you to listen to anyone playing anything by Creed if you you don't wish to.
Old 11-10-2004, 07:06 PM   #110
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Jooji_2) To each his or her own....
Exactly.

Your comparison wasn't a good one, IMO, because as I said, those groups were done for a while. I agree with Fluttergirl. Let some time pass for those of us who aren't ready to hear anyone but Creed do Creed.
Old 11-11-2004, 04:41 PM   #111
Jooji_2
Banned
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Dogstar) Exactly.

Your comparison wasn't a good one, IMO, because as I said, those groups were done for a while. I agree with Fluttergirl. Let some time pass for those of us who aren't ready to hear anyone but Creed do Creed.

Actually A Greatest Hits compilation called "Thank You" was released by Stone Temple Pilots on November 11, 2003. I believe that was a year ago today. So actually its been longer than that since anyone has heard Creed play Creed.
Old 11-11-2004, 05:25 PM   #112
fluttergirl
USER INFO »
Youre not getting it. STP was an awesome band. I think I even have one of their CDs.
Creed was a much more powerful band in the effect it had on people. I cant even count how many ppl have said that Creed changed their lives. That they broke up and with other people we can accept. That the other people would recreate Creed, even for a few songs, without it being Crred leaves a nasty taste in my mouth.
It has nothing to do with facts or CD releases, it has to do with emotions and time.

-Amber

-Ferris Bueller
Old 11-11-2004, 05:26 PM   #113
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Jooji_2) Actually A Greatest Hits compilation called "Thank You" was released by Stone Temple Pilots on November 11, 2003. I believe that was a year ago today. So actually its been longer than that since anyone has heard Creed play Creed.

Durrrr. I'm talking about the actual breakup and you know that is the sore point with a lot of Creed fans. And that's been since June. It's still too new. How many times do you need it explained to you? You keep coming up with such lame situations to back up your opinion. Give it up. I'm happy you want to hear Creed played by whoever. I don't.
Old 11-12-2004, 06:22 AM   #114
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
I'm not losing my time with them, Kerry...
Old 11-12-2004, 08:56 AM   #115
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Bridge of Clay) I'm not losing my time with them, Kerry...
It is pretty pointless Marcos. Like banging your head against the wall. You know I'm a Stapp fan, but he is fallable like the rest of us. Unfortunately they don't see it that way.

SP: Actually, we are setting that up.

MT: It was in your contract when you signed up with us.

Old 11-12-2004, 04:59 PM   #116
Jooji_2
Banned
USER INFO »
The thing is....if you don't want to hear him play Creed songs...then
DON'T GO TO SEE HIM IN CONCERT!

I don't believe he's made any statement that he is re-recording Creed songs and putting them on his solo album...so if you don't want to hear it..just don't seem him live.

If the decision to play Creed tunes is a turn off, I'm sure he will hear about it...actually I'm guessing he already knows what kind of reaction those comments are getting. And if that decision turns on him, or maybe I should say, turns out to be a BAD decision....he'll deal with it.
Old 11-12-2004, 05:03 PM   #117
fluttergirl
USER INFO »
Still not getting it there, dear. It's not that we wont go see him, or not buy his CD. Its that we listened to him with the other guys in Creed for so long, and it hurts that he has already found replacements, less than a year after the breakup. I haven't seen him in concert, and I'm hurt by it. You dont have to personally be present for something to affect you. This rubs me the wrong way, and not going to a concert isn't going to change it, its a matter of principle.

-Amber

-Ferris Bueller
Old 11-12-2004, 05:35 PM   #118
Jooji_2
Banned
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by fluttergirl) Still not getting it there, dear. It's not that we wont go see him, or not buy his CD. Its that we listened to him with the other guys in Creed for so long, and it hurts that he has already found replacements, less than a year after the breakup. I haven't seen him in concert, and I'm hurt by it. You dont have to personally be present for something to affect you. This rubs me the wrong way, and not going to a concert isn't going to change it, its a matter of principle.

And Alter Bridge didn't find a replacement? Geez there were celebrations in the streets when Tremonti and Phillips placed an ad for a new singer. Actually there were people here batting around band names like "Stapp-Free" and such. Kennedy was on board long before a breakup was even mentioned. So can I be hurt too? They had to find a singer....Stapp has to find a new band. Like I said, if there are negative repercussions from the decision, he will deal with it. It's not like controversy surrounding everything he does isn't what he expects. But if it makes people feel better to be hurt then go right ahead. Whatever floats your boat or rubs you the wrong way. Some people just simply aren't as upset over it as others.
Old 11-12-2004, 05:40 PM   #119
Steve
Administrator
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Steve Send a message via MSN to Steve
Quote: (Originally Posted by Jooji_2) And Alter Bridge didn't find a replacement? Geez there were celebrations in the streets when Tremonti and Phillips placed an ad for a new singer. Actually there were people here batting around band names like "Stapp-Free" and such. Kennedy was on board long before a breakup was even mentioned. So can I be hurt too? They had to find a singer....Stapp has to find a new band. Like I said, if there are negative repercussions from the decision, he will deal with it. It's not like controversy surrounding everything he does isn't what he expects. But if it makes people feel better to be hurt then go right ahead. Whatever floats your boat or rubs you the wrong way. Some people just simply aren't as upset over it as others.

Again, you aren't getting the point. The issue isn't about Stapp finding a new band, or "ex-Creed" guys finding a new singer. It's about performing Creed songs with a band that is not 100% Creed so early on after the breakup. I may be wrong, but I think the point that fluttergirl was making was that Stapp found replacements to perform Creed songs - as he said they'd perform Creed songs live. Not just the simple fact that Stapp found a band to back him.

If Alter Bridge started performing Creed songs right now, I would be upset as well. I think it would be cool to hear Myles sing a Creed song or two, but not now. It's just not right.

The things that I've loved the things that I've lost
The things I've held sacred that I've dropped
I won't lie no more you can bet
I don't want to learn what I'll need to forget
- Audioslave, "Doesn't Remind Me"
Old 11-12-2004, 05:45 PM   #120
fluttergirl
USER INFO »
No. Alter Bridge made a new band, with new music, they did not find a new lead singer to play Creed songs.
Be upset that the band broke up? Sure. Be hurt. Lots of people were and a lot of people are. Thats the whole point. And how does it make people feel better to feel hurt? Thats an oxymoron, its impossible.
Its not that they are with other people. AB is making NEW music. Stapp is making new music, but I cant understand why he's playing Creed songs at this point in time. If he wanted to do it for the Creed fans, why didnt he write a new song, and make it sound like Creed? Thats what aB did with OYE and others on ODR.
i dont know what else to say. Ive explained it the best I can. Unless youre intentionally not understanding my side. In which case, I give up. I'm not asking you to agree, nor would I ever expect you to.

-Amber

-Ferris Bueller