++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Scott Stapp Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 09-08-2005, 09:32 PM   #46
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Hey, I just realized something. My 15's didn't go thump like I expected them to.

SP: Actually, we are setting that up.

MT: It was in your contract when you signed up with us.

Old 09-08-2005, 09:40 PM   #47
titan9
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by TeriB19) Hey, I just realized something. My 15's didn't go thump like I expected them to.

Perhaps they will on the other tracks on the new CD?

Check out my friend's Music blog by here!
Old 09-09-2005, 01:18 AM   #48
ctfan
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by TeriB19) Hey, I just realized something. My 15's didn't go thump like I expected them to.

Who knows, maybe after the rest of the cd is released....they'll go thumping right out your front door.
Old 09-09-2005, 01:19 AM   #49
The Lithium
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by caseycarson) True.....Stapp was always my favorite part of Creed, though.
Oh well, I really like Alter Bridge, 'cause their a little heavier and Myles Kennedy is a blast!

"take care of yourselves.
take care of each other.
fuck gorge w. bush!
good night"
--corey taylor
Old 09-09-2005, 01:23 AM   #50
ctfan
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by titan9) Lol, I was just thinking "I wonder how long it'll take for uncertain to post something."

Anyway, I can't say I agree with you. I think this song is really radio-friendly. Because of who Stapp is(believe it or not, people have not forgotten about Creed; I hear'em on the radio at least once per day) and because pop radio stations need another Rock artist to shove down our throats(because, really, that new Nickelback song is already getting old and Creed was huge on pop radio at one time), I think this single is going to get a good amount of airplay. If that happens, he'll gain some new fans, he'll sell a good amount of albums, he'll be considered a successful solo artist. Is this the most original song ever? No. Does this song have a Creedish sound to it? A little bit, imo. But to say that it will do nothing for Stapp, I just don't agree with that.

I agree titan. I don't think this song will do "nothing". Stapp himself said that the rest of the cd wasn't indicative of the first single. So I think this new song will do well on radio, and the rest of the released singles too.

Last edited by ctfan : 09-09-2005 at 01:29 AM. Reason: typo
Old 09-09-2005, 02:19 AM   #51
Tremontixriffs
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by ctfan) I agree titan. I don't think this song will do "nothing". Stapp himself said that the rest of the cd wasn't indicative of the first single. So I think this new song will do well on radio, and the rest of the released singles too.

This is amazing everyone on the site seems to like the new song except some uncertain drummer, lol...typical thought I really believe that anything that came out of stapps mouth he would have a problem with..As far as sounding like creed, well tremonti may have swung the guitar but scott's "A" game is what brought the band to the forefront and as far as Alter bridge, im sure that alot of people are going to like stapps music alot more, mainly because Stapp is the man and without him all tremonti will have is a band who wishes they still had Stapps voice backing them. myles may hit higher notes but Stapp's voice is pleasing to the ears...From the standpoint of sound, stapps voice draws you as myles is the equivalent of nails on a chalkboard..enough said. I find it funny that lyrically and musically it was much more enjoyable to listen to scotts new song than any on AB's Cd..I own it but this is how i feel.
In my mind
I won't lie
It took some time

But I know one thing
It took me away from
All the things love gave me
So I have to let things go...

I can go another round
Despite you.....

I'm still healing...
No I'm not real and
Yes I'm feeling...
This is my fight song

Scott Stapp "FIGHT SONG"
Old 09-09-2005, 05:24 AM   #52
Ana4Stapp
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Ana4Stapp Send a message via MSN to Ana4Stapp
Quote: (Originally Posted by Tremontixriffs) This is amazing everyone on the site seems to like the new song except some uncertain drummer, lol...typical thought I really believe that anything that came out of stapps mouth he would have a problem with..As far as sounding like creed, well tremonti may have swung the guitar but scott's "A" game is what brought the band to the forefront and as far as Alter bridge, im sure that alot of people are going to like stapps music alot more, mainly because Stapp is the man and without him all tremonti will have is a band who wishes they still had Stapps voice backing them. myles may hit higher notes but Stapp's voice is pleasing to the ears...From the standpoint of sound, stapps voice draws you as myles is the equivalent of nails on a chalkboard..enough said. I find it funny that lyrically and musically it was much more enjoyable to listen to scotts new song than any on AB's Cd..I own it but this is how i feel.

I cant agree with that! And Im not uncertain drumer...lol

Im a fan of Creed and a fan of Stapp too. So when Creed ended (i really dont think possible they are going to reunite some day!) i was so sad that I simply avoid lsten to AB...
But after some "insistences" I got ODR and really enjoyed. Loved Myles's voice, (even though I also love Stapp voice), Tremonti riffs and the guys.Really good stuff.
But of course I was anxious expecting Stapps cd...I was excited about his new songs,his lyrics...
So when I listened to Relearn Love for the first time -I didnt like it much, but i thought-"hey ,take it easy,this is a song made for a christian movie...hes going to write better songs ..."
Now, after a long long time , after a lot of delays his cd is going to be released in November and the first song avaliable is Great Divide...again I was anxious and put a thread here about it ...but when I listened to the new song...er...this is absolutely nothing i was expecting from him...this is not rock, isnt a good balad!...Its extremely pop and consequently will play on the radio ton of times...is this his new musical direction? I hope not.

His lyrics were so good ...but GD is equal to RL: disappointing.

Anyway, I hope for better songs...and of course is amazing hearing to Stapps voice again...
Look at the stars
Look at the stars, falling down,
And I wonder where, did I go wrong.

"I know a girl (Gio )
She puts the color inside of my world"

Girls become lovers who turn into mothers
So mothers be good to your daughters too

Last edited by Ana4Stapp : 09-09-2005 at 06:06 AM.
Old 09-09-2005, 09:15 AM   #53
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by ctfan) Who knows, maybe after the rest of the cd is released....they'll go thumping right out your front door.
If my 15's go thumping right out my door, Stapp's buying me a new set of 15's!!!

SP: Actually, we are setting that up.

MT: It was in your contract when you signed up with us.

Old 09-09-2005, 11:07 AM   #54
titan9
USER INFO »
For those that don't like the new song(and are probably a bit discouraged about the new CD because of that), don't panic yet. Obviously, this single isn't for everyone. Much like RL, it deals with Scott's new found faith in God. Not everyone is going to like that. I highly doubt that the rest of the CD will be filled with songs that are just like TGD. I'm sure there will be some songs on the CD that will please those who are unpleased with this new single. And remember...the majority of the time, the best songs on a CD are not released as singles. So chances are, there will be even better tracks on the new CD.

Check out my friend's Music blog by here!
Old 09-09-2005, 01:03 PM   #55
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by TeriB19) If my 15's go thumping right out my door, Stapp's buying me a new set of 15's!!!
Old 09-09-2005, 01:04 PM   #56
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by titan9) For those that don't like the new song(and are probably a bit discouraged about the new CD because of that), don't panic yet. Obviously, this single isn't for everyone. Much like RL, it deals with Scott's new found faith in God. Not everyone is going to like that. I highly doubt that the rest of the CD will be filled with songs that are just like TGD. I'm sure there will be some songs on the CD that will please those who are unpleased with this new single. And remember...the majority of the time, the best songs on a CD are not released as singles. So chances are, there will be even better tracks on the new CD.
It's not so much the subject matter, but the sound. It was only a clip, so I'm reserving final judgment until I hear the whole thing, but I wasn't encouraged.
Old 09-09-2005, 01:42 PM   #57
Agent D
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by The Lithium) I think Scott's plan with this song is to keep the old Creed fans. Just like AB did when they released Open Your Eyes as their first single!

And I think the verses are VERY unCreedish, must because Mark would never play the guitar part like that.

I agree. I hope the album is really good. I do miss him a little.
Old 09-09-2005, 03:48 PM   #58
uncertaindrumer
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by titan9) Lol, I was just thinking "I wonder how long it'll take for uncertain to post something."

Anyway, I can't say I agree with you. I think this song is really radio-friendly. Because of who Stapp is(believe it or not, people have not forgotten about Creed; I hear'em on the radio at least once per day) and because pop radio stations need another Rock artist to shove down our throats(because, really, that new Nickelback song is already getting old and Creed was huge on pop radio at one time), I think this single is going to get a good amount of airplay. If that happens, he'll gain some new fans, he'll sell a good amount of albums, he'll be considered a successful solo artist. Is this the most original song ever? No. Does this song have a Creedish sound to it? A little bit, imo. But to say that it will do nothing for Stapp, I just don't agree with that.

Well I don't mean HE won't do anything. I mean, this song is not going to bash down doors for him. He might get some people from the same audience, but I don't think he will sell that many records. Gold, maybe platinum after a while.

Remember, OYE was EXTREMELY radio friendly and look what happened there.

Anyway, the song isn't god-awful but it is... boring. I mean there is nothing in that song that is different than any other song I have heard on the radio. I expected that of course. It IS a tad heavier than I thought it would be, which I suppose is a plus. But then again I have basically stoped liking this genre of music, period, over the last month or two...

I think the one thing I was hoping for was good lyrics. Cuz that is what he is, the vocalist. In AB I hope for unique riffs and good solos, in other bands you look for different things, etc. etc. I was hoping at least that he'd give some good lyrics but although they could have been worse I was extremely dissapointed by them. I think he even did better on HC, and everyone knows my opinion of that album...

Of course most bands (ESPECIALLY post-grunge) these days have bad lyrics... even bands I don't mind listening to, i.e. 12 Stones, Alter Bridge, etc.
Old 09-09-2005, 05:01 PM   #59
Tremontixriffs
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by uncertaindrumer) Well I don't mean HE won't do anything. I mean, this song is not going to bash down doors for him. He might get some people from the same audience, but I don't think he will sell that many records. Gold, maybe platinum after a while.

Remember, OYE was EXTREMELY radio friendly and look what happened there.

Anyway, the song isn't god-awful but it is... boring. I mean there is nothing in that song that is different than any other song I have heard on the radio. I expected that of course. It IS a tad heavier than I thought it would be, which I suppose is a plus. But then again I have basically stoped liking this genre of music, period, over the last month or two...

I think the one thing I was hoping for was good lyrics. Cuz that is what he is, the vocalist. In AB I hope for unique riffs and good solos, in other bands you look for different things, etc. etc. I was hoping at least that he'd give some good lyrics but although they could have been worse I was extremely dissapointed by them. I think he even did better on HC, and everyone knows my opinion of that album...

Of course most bands (ESPECIALLY post-grunge) these days have bad lyrics... even bands I don't mind listening to, i.e. 12 Stones, Alter Bridge, etc.
I'll have to agree with uncertain that the lyrics in the great devide weren't the greatest, but they by far blew away relearn love and if this is just the title track it wil be really interesting to see how diverse the rest of the album is. It was heavier thanmost thought, but I do not think it was boring, it has a good rythm and the song moves, the 15's may not go thump, but I dont think a majority of us want to hear stapp be eminem.
Secondly There is no way that anyone that stapp has playing guitar is going to be tremont, it may sound a little like his style, but its not. Who exactly is in his band? is that the guitarist from the tea party or someone windup dug up?
Hey how about conspiracy theory?Isn't a little strange that creeds website is still up and running? Maybe wind up believes that some fires may be rekindled in time, who knows..stapp rules, brige kicks ass...bring back creed please!!!!
In my mind
I won't lie
It took some time

But I know one thing
It took me away from
All the things love gave me
So I have to let things go...

I can go another round
Despite you.....

I'm still healing...
No I'm not real and
Yes I'm feeling...
This is my fight song

Scott Stapp "FIGHT SONG"
Old 09-09-2005, 05:06 PM   #60
Batstone
USER INFO »
niceee

hey, yeah i thought this single was an amazing song.. i ahve to say that i miss stapps voice alot.. myles is good but this reminds of the old days where i would listen to the humanclay cd for hours aahha.. yeah im definatly going to be getting this cd and yeah , BRING BACK CREED