++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Music Matters
Today's Posts «

Old 05-19-2004, 02:09 PM   #31
jango
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by Steve) Wow I missed the remainder of this thread. Thanks for the link.

No prob... and yes, Cornell's solo album was mediocre at best.
"Nineteen hundred and forty-six. Nineteen forty-six, Mandrake. How does that coincide with your post-war Commie conspiracy, huh? It's incredibly obvious, isn't it? A foreign substance is introduced into our precious bodily fluids without the knowledge of the individual. Certainly without any choice. That's the way your hard-core Commie works."
Old 05-19-2004, 02:16 PM   #32
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
I love Cornell's solo album tons, but I don't think it's better than Audioslave.
Old 05-19-2004, 08:27 PM   #33
aussiecreeder
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by jango) No prob... and yes, Cornell's solo album was mediocre at best.

?????? your music taste is good for the most part IMO, but medicore at best?

can't change me
flutter girl
preaching the end of the world
wave goodbye
moon child
disappearing one
pillow on your bones

hell the whole album is fantastic
Old 05-19-2004, 08:34 PM   #34
aussiecreeder
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Steve) I didn't like his solo album as much as I like Audioslave's debut. His solo album was good, but I just like Audioslave better.

see if i was a mod i would ban you for such an uneducated comment!
Old 05-20-2004, 09:56 PM   #35
jango
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by handmedown) ?????? your music taste is good for the most part IMO, but medicore at best?

Here's why it is mediocre. When discussing an album such as this, comparisons are drawn not to popular music (which sucks innumerable amounts of crap) but to credible bands associated with the musician... ie Soundgarden. Cornell's album is great compared to modern rock, but mediocre when compared to, say, Superunknown or Badmotorfinger.

So it would be easy to state "Chris Cornell's album rocks!" But there's more to it than that... good music is held to a higher standard in my books.
"Nineteen hundred and forty-six. Nineteen forty-six, Mandrake. How does that coincide with your post-war Commie conspiracy, huh? It's incredibly obvious, isn't it? A foreign substance is introduced into our precious bodily fluids without the knowledge of the individual. Certainly without any choice. That's the way your hard-core Commie works."
Old 05-20-2004, 11:18 PM   #36
aussiecreeder
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by jango) Here's why it is mediocre. When discussing an album such as this, comparisons are drawn not to popular music (which sucks innumerable amounts of crap) but to credible bands associated with the musician... ie Soundgarden. Cornell's album is great compared to modern rock, but mediocre when compared to, say, Superunknown or Badmotorfinger.

So it would be easy to state "Chris Cornell's album rocks!" But there's more to it than that... good music is held to a higher standard in my books.

its great to have high standards but there is a flaw in your arguement. soundgarden were one of the most popular bands of their day and superunknown one of the most loved albums of the time. that with ten and nevermind were the defining albums of the seattle scene.
Didn’t have a life.
Didn’t have a life.
But surely saved one.
Alright, now it’s time for us to let you go.

Tool
Wings for Marie
Old 05-20-2004, 11:49 PM   #37
jango
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by handmedown) its great to have high standards but there is a flaw in your arguement. soundgarden were one of the most popular bands of their day and superunknown one of the most loved albums of the time. that with ten and nevermind were the defining albums of the seattle scene.

No, there is not a flaw.

You are once again interpreting music from a popular viewpoint... "ten and nevermind were the defining albums of the seattle scene" to the mainstream industry.

My opinion is based on my tastes and subsequent higher standards, not society's tastes. Consequently, I hold bands to a higher standard that I deem quality music, not what MTV deems defining albums.
Old 05-20-2004, 11:56 PM   #38
aussiecreeder
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by jango) No, there is not a flaw.

You are once again interpreting music from a popular viewpoint... "ten and nevermind were the defining albums of the seattle scene" to the mainstream industry.

My opinion is based on my tastes and subsequent higher standards, not society's tastes. Consequently, I hold bands to a higher standard that I deem quality music, not what MTV deems defining albums.

but in your previous post you talked about popular music which describes soundgarden. however talking about popular or indie music is an irrevelant discussion. the positions of only liking popular music or being an indie snob are both silly positions to take, as long as the music is good then who cares about the numbers? there are good mainstream bands and bad indie bands.....
Didn’t have a life.
Didn’t have a life.
But surely saved one.

Tool
Wings for Marie
Old 05-27-2004, 03:44 AM   #39
Sincirr
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via ICQ to Sincirr Send a message via MSN to Sincirr Send a message via Skype to Sincirr
I cannot even try to compare Soundgarden or Audioslave with Cornell's solo album.

There is a deeeeeper edge with Euphoria morning. Its just different. Its more viscerally than cerebrally experienced; whereas soundgarden, I dunno, I sorta get inspired a little more in the mind when I listen to them.

Euphoria morning is an honest and I would almost even say intimate view into a brilliant man, that needed to take another direction to get some stuff out. I adore it. It's not mediocre if U r percieving it correctly.

ROCK HARD!!!

Old 05-27-2004, 09:39 AM   #40
SCOTTSMYMAN
USER INFO »
Sincirr, you said it beautifully. I wasn't even sure I would like his solo effort but was really surprised with how much I LOVED it! (Not to mention my 2 year old sings along in the back seat.She just loves it!!!! Won't even take a bath without wanting the music on!!)

As far as Audioslave, I love them too. Thanks for the info Kerri!!

"I'm not like the girls that you've known
But I believe I'm worth coming home to
Kiss away night
This girl only sleeps with butterflies "
Old 05-27-2004, 10:27 AM   #41
aussiecreeder
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Sincirr) I cannot even try to compare Soundgarden or Audioslave with Cornell's solo album.

There is a deeeeeper edge with Euphoria morning. Its just different. Its more viscerally than cerebrally experienced; whereas soundgarden, I dunno, I sorta get inspired a little more in the mind when I listen to them.

Euphoria morning is an honest and I would almost even say intimate view into a brilliant man, that needed to take another direction to get some stuff out. I adore it. It's not mediocre if U r percieving it correctly.

top post, euphoria is such a great album although soundgarden is better and TOTD is also right up there. Can't go past classics such as Jesus Christ Pose, Fell on Black Days and Blow Up the Outside World. Audioslave's album is probably third in line of the albums i am looking forward to this year.
Didn’t have a life.
Didn’t have a life.
But surely saved one.

Tool
Wings for Marie
Old 05-28-2004, 03:30 AM   #42
Sincirr
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via ICQ to Sincirr Send a message via MSN to Sincirr Send a message via Skype to Sincirr
Quote: (Originally Posted by SCOTTSMYMAN) Sincirr, you said it beautifully...my 2 year old sings along in the back seat.She just loves it!!!! Won't even take a bath without wanting the music on!!)

As far as Audioslave, I love them too. Thanks for the info Kerri!!
Thanks!
And OMG that is so ADORABLE!

I hope I have a kid with taste like that!

ROCK HARD!!!

Old 05-28-2004, 09:43 AM   #43
SCOTTSMYMAN
USER INFO »
She also sings along to A Perfect Circle and she knows alot of Creed. It's soo cute to listen to her. She doesn't always know all the words but she's the only kid I know who can keep totally in tune and faking it! I love listening to hear sing "Can't Change Me" It's sooo cute!!!

"I'm not like the girls that you've known
But I believe I'm worth coming home to
Kiss away night
This girl only sleeps with butterflies "
Old 05-28-2004, 09:56 AM   #44
Sincirr
USER INFO »
AAAWWWW!!!!!Gorgeous!
She's going to chaaaange the woooorld
Oh and I am just imagining her goin, fill meeeeee fill me uuuup aaaagainawwww!!! I'm gettin all clucky now! haha!

OHOH! And has anyone else here got the CD with the bonus FRENCH version of Cant Change Me on it? Yeh, he sings it in French! Oh man!!!

ROCK HARD!!!

Last edited by Sincirr : 05-28-2004 at 09:58 AM.
Old 05-28-2004, 11:35 AM   #45
aussiecreeder
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Sincirr) AAAWWWW!!!!!Gorgeous!
She's going to chaaaange the woooorld
Oh and I am just imagining her goin, fill meeeeee fill me uuuup aaaagainawwww!!! I'm gettin all clucky now! haha!

OHOH! And has anyone else here got the CD with the bonus FRENCH version of Cant Change Me on it? Yeh, he sings it in French! Oh man!!!

i do know about this but i have never heard it, i would love to hear this though! Commorford has to be one of the best bassists in the business, Audioslave have such a great rhythmn section.
Didn’t have a life.
Didn’t have a life.
But surely saved one.

Tool
Wings for Marie