++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 04-24-2004, 01:44 PM   #1
tremonti4life04
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to tremonti4life04 Send a message via Yahoo to tremonti4life04
Michael, I need your help

Ok, this question has been bugging me for the longest time, because i may not have heard how fast tremonti really is on guitar. I was wondering michael, when it comes to speed on guitar, what guitarist is Mark most comparable to. Is he mind numbingly fast, doing sweeps and stuff like Steve Vai, or is he more comparable to dimebagg darrels speed? This has been bugging me for a long time simply because i dont know if ive heard him at his fastest. I know hes doing a solo on a Michael Angelo Batio album, and Batio is mind numbingly fast, but is mark that fast?

Trust me
Trust me
Trust me
Trust me...Trust me
Old 04-25-2004, 09:38 AM   #2
hide
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by tremonti4life04) Ok, this question has been bugging me for the longest time, because i may not have heard how fast tremonti really is on guitar. I was wondering michael, when it comes to speed on guitar, what guitarist is Mark most comparable to. Is he mind numbingly fast, doing sweeps and stuff like Steve Vai, or is he more comparable to dimebagg darrels speed? This has been bugging me for a long time simply because i dont know if ive heard him at his fastest. I know hes doing a solo on a Michael Angelo Batio album, and Batio is mind numbingly fast, but is mark that fast?

i'm not Michael but I seem to recall Troy Stetina saying something like "i've never seen anyone quicker then Mark" Mark is a great guitar player but I think he is a great songwriter who can play guitar at an awesome level rather then a virtuoso.
Old 04-25-2004, 09:42 AM   #3
hide
USER INFO »
hey Michal I can see you lurking, start posting buddy! ( i hope i don't scare him off)
Old 04-25-2004, 09:52 AM   #4
hide
USER INFO »
oh man he got bored, he was on and no-one was here to get him to stick around! come on people lift up your games, get away from that tele!
Old 04-25-2004, 11:11 AM   #5
Gabriel
Mark's Brother
USER INFO »
To be honest I don't know too much about guitar playing. I know that Bill Peck has told me that Mark has one of the faster right hands he's seen.

Michael
Old 04-25-2004, 11:17 AM   #6
aussiecreeder
USER INFO »
it would be i imagine so difficult to become some sort of virtuso and still be a top songwriter. the amount of time it would take with practice would mean you wouldn't have time to devote to the craft of songwriting that has to be no.1 IMO.
Old 04-26-2004, 03:22 AM   #7
tremonti4life04
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to tremonti4life04 Send a message via Yahoo to tremonti4life04
Hey, thanks for the feedback. See, I'm a really really big guitar nut, I follow bands whos guitarists attract me (force of habit) and I know that tremonti is good, but Ive been wondering who he's comparable to. Thanks for the info michael, its a big help because right hand speed/coordination is a big big big big part of playin guitar fast. I just hope that someday i can get my band out there and get stuff goin because im not really liking the music scene right now and i would like to jump in and try to correct it . Im really thankful for the info tho michael, you and ur brother are my heros.

Trust me
Trust me
Trust me
Trust me...Trust me
Old 04-26-2004, 07:13 AM   #8
titanguy9
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to titanguy9 Send a message via Yahoo to titanguy9
god the music scene is terrible, im surprised the darkness is making it. All these punk bands are get straighten by Darkness kick @$$ solos

SUBMERSED-THERE GOING TO BE BIG!
Old 04-26-2004, 08:59 AM   #9
The Lithium
USER INFO »
Mark is my fav guitarist for a reason... He's the best! And he's DEAD fast!!

"take care of yourselves.
take care of each other.
fuck gorge w. bush!
good night"
--corey taylor
Old 04-26-2004, 09:18 AM   #10
aussiecreeder
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by titanguy9) god the music scene is terrible, im surprised the darkness is making it. All these punk bands are get straighten by Darkness kick @$$ solos

The Darkness have great solos but Hawkin's falsetto annoys the crap out of me.
Old 05-03-2004, 11:55 AM   #11
The Lithium
USER INFO »
Yeah, but guess what!! Creed have great solos, and Scott Stapp's voice is just amazing!!

"take care of yourselves.
take care of each other.
fuck gorge w. bush!
good night"
--corey taylor
Old 05-03-2004, 06:53 PM   #12
aussiecreeder
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by extreme_LITHIUM) Yeah, but guess what!! Creed have great solos, and Scott Stapp's voice is just amazing!!

ummm well stapp's voice is better then hawkins can't argue with that! they play those 80 style solos which is cool, just that the singing is crap as i said before.
Old 05-04-2004, 03:06 AM   #13
facelessman
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to facelessman Send a message via MSN to facelessman
Quote: (Originally Posted by extreme_LITHIUM) Mark is my fav guitarist for a reason... He's the best! And he's DEAD fast!!
you would say something like that, haha
and ive seen more guts on 11 year old kids.
Have another drink and drive yourself home
I hope theres ice on all the roads
and think of me when you forget your seatbelt
and again when your head goes through the windshield.
Seventy Times Seven- Brand new
Old 05-04-2004, 01:54 PM   #14
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Yeah, Hawkins' voice is annoying!
Old 05-05-2004, 12:06 AM   #15
tremonti4life04
USER INFO »
id sell my soul to be able to hit hawkins notes tho

Trust me
Trust me
Trust me
Trust me...Trust me