++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Faith / Religion
Today's Posts «

Old 11-14-2008, 05:33 AM   #2326
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: Daily Bread

November 14th

"Walk the walk."

If we forget our Lord, we will find ourselves steeped in shame when we stand before Him. To call Him Lord, Master, Guardian, Friend requires commitment on our part. We cannot take continually without giving something back. Remember the Lord, and speak forth with joy in His presence, for you have known Him, and indeed He knows you.

If I do not remember thee, let my tongue cleave to the roof of my mouth; if I prefer not Jerusalem above my chief joy.

Psalm 137:6

Heaven

Old 11-15-2008, 07:17 AM   #2327
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

November 15th

"Heaven will be incredible beyond our dreams."

We get used to places no matter how glorious they are. But being with a person who loves us never gets old!

In Revelation, John paints a beautiful picture of what heaven will be like. But it’s not really about the place... it’s about the Person we’ll be with. The day is coming when Jesus will come to take us to be with Him in the place He has prepared for us. And the wonderful news is that He says: “Behold, I am coming quickly!”.

If you’re thinking, He may come back for others, but surely not for me, don’t miss verse 17: “The Spirit and the bride say, ‘Come!’ And let him who hears say, ‘Come!’ And let him who thirsts come. Whoever desires, let him take the water of life freely.” Anyone is welcome to join the wedding feast. All we have to do is believe in the One who died for us, Jesus Christ, the Lover of our souls.

Our greatest joy will be the experience of being with Jesus forever!

God Himself will be with them and be their God. And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes.

Revelation 21:3-4

Heaven

Old 11-16-2008, 09:01 AM   #2328
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

November 16th

"God is with us wherever we go."

We take the Lord’s presence with us all through the day, blending work and play with prayer. He is our teacher, our philosopher, our companion, our gentle, kind, and very best friend. We may not realize He is close by. We may feel lonely and sad. Our day may seem bleak and dreary without a visible ray of hope... yet He is present.

Jacob awoke from his sleep and said, “Surely the Lord is in this place, and I did not know it.”

Genesis 28:16

Heaven

Old 11-16-2008, 08:11 PM   #2329
TrulyAmazing
Banned
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by HeavenBesideYou) November 15th

"Heaven will be incredible beyond our dreams."

We get used to places no matter how glorious they are. But being with a person who loves us never gets old!

In Revelation, John paints a beautiful picture of what heaven will be like. But it’s not really about the place... it’s about the Person we’ll be with. The day is coming when Jesus will come to take us to be with Him in the place He has prepared for us. And the wonderful news is that He says: “Behold, I am coming quickly!”.

If you’re thinking, He may come back for others, but surely not for me, don’t miss verse 17: “The Spirit and the bride say, ‘Come!’ And let him who hears say, ‘Come!’ And let him who thirsts come. Whoever desires, let him take the water of life freely.” Anyone is welcome to join the wedding feast. All we have to do is believe in the One who died for us, Jesus Christ, the Lover of our souls.

Our greatest joy will be the experience of being with Jesus forever!

God Himself will be with them and be their God. And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes.

Revelation 21:3-4

Heaven

AMEN AND AMEN NONE GREATER THAN JOHN THE BABTIST LET FREEDOM RING COME NAKED YOU WILL BE CLOTHED THOSE WHO HAVE SOWN IN TEARS SHALL REAP IN JOY lets all rejoice in a perfect melody in the clouds GLORY TO GOD And Cherish The Old Rugged Cross
Old 11-16-2008, 09:24 PM   #2330
TrulyAmazing
Banned
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by HeavenBesideYou) July 16th

"Never underestimate the value of a single soul."

Many Christians have succumbed to the false notion that their witness to one individual doesn't count for much. But that certainly isn't supported by what we read in the Gospels. Even though Jesus' public ministry was limited to a little more than 3 years, He was never too busy to deal with one person at a time. It's true that Jesus preached to multitudes in Judea, fed 5,000 people gathered by the Sea of Galilee, and ministered to the large crowds in Capernaum. Yet He never lost sight of the value of one soul!

We are encouraged when we read of His conversation at night with one man named Nicodemus of His visit with one woman at a well in Samaria and of His personal interest in one man named Zacchaeus, who had climbed up into a sycamore tree to get a better look at the Lord. How thrilled he must have been when Jesus singled him out of the multitude and said, "Zacchaeus, make haste and come down, for today I must stay at your house".

If you are ever tempted to minimize the value of your personal, individual witness to a single soul, remember Jesus' example.

There is joy in the presence of the angels of God over one sinner who repents.

Luke 15:10

Heaven

PRAISE JESUS REVISTING POSTS B/c They Good AMEN I,d Like To Call it LOOSING SIGHT GLORY TO GOD In Our Times Of Battles And Stuggles WE OUR NEVER GIVEN ANY TIME TO ASK WHY OR OUR WE TO QUESTION A PLACE A CALLED CALVARY NOR UNDERESTIMATE THE VALUE OF A SING SOUL and as we suffer it out And Wish To Belly Ache And Grown And Get Caught Up In Our Trials I think we forget to quick why THE LOST IS WHY As Minsters Of A New Day THE LOST THE TIRED THE DYING THE SUFFERING IS WHY The Word Tells Us If We OUR PART OF THE SUFFRING WE OUR PART OF THE COUNSEL ONE SOUL CAN BE VERY IMPORTAN AND THE HARDER THE TRIALS COMES IN LIKE A FLOOD ITS PREVENTION TO REACH ANOTHER WE SERVE CHRIST KING OF KING AND LORD OF LORDS AND SERVE HIM THAT IS OBLIGATED TO THE LOST GLORY TO GOD And The Broken HE WILL LEAVE THE 99 IF THEY ARE STRONG ENOUGH TO STAND TO GO AFTER THAN ONE LITTLE ONE WHO GOT AWAY WE SERVE A KING TODAY Who Is Not Worried Of The End Nor Things To Come HE IS STILL AFTER THE LOST AND THE GREATEST IN THE KINGDOM PRAISE JESUS Who He Has Carved In His Hands Mark 8,31,and 9,AND HE Began to teach theme that the son of man must suffer many things and be rejected OF THE ELDERS and Of The Chief And Priests And Be Killed 3 days AND RISE AGAIN And He Spake HE SPAKE That Saying Openly And Peter Took Him And Began To Rebuke Him But When He Had Turned About And Looked Had His Diciples He Rebuked Peter Saying Get Thee Behind Me Satan BATTLE BATTLE GLORY FOR THO SAVOUREST NOT THE THINGS OF GOD BUT THE THINGS OF MEN, And When he had called the people unto him with his disples also he said unto theme whosoever will come after me let him deny himself and take up his cross And follow me For Whosoever Shall Will Save His Life Shall Loose It But Whosoever Shall Loose His Life For My Sake And The Gospels The Same Shall Save It GLORY TO GOD HE SHOWED US HOW TO LIVE AND HOW TO SURVIVE For What Shall A Man Profit If He Shall Gain The Whole World And Lose His Own Soul, On Down To Mark 9 AND HE SAID UNTO THEME AND SPEAKING TO THOSE WHO WERE ONCE BOUND FOR DEATH VERLIY I SAY UNTO YOU THAT THERE BE SOME OF THEME THAT STAND HERE WHICH SHALL NOT TASTE OF DEATH TILL THAY HAVE SEEN THE KINGDOM OF GOD COME WITH POWER PRAISE JESUS ONLY HE CAN SET THE CAPTIVES FREE BLESSINGS STRENETH AND KATS IN THE NAME THATS ABOVE ALL OTHER NAMES IN JESUS NAME
Old 11-17-2008, 05:36 AM   #2331
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

November 17th

"You say potato..."

What God intends for his Word and what people do with it are two completely different things. God does reveal Himself through His Word, and it is nearly impossible to come to a deep understanding of Him apart from the Holy Scriptures. God has magnified Himself through His Word, and enables us to know Him when we read it in a spirit of openness, with a desire for the truth.

I will worship toward thy holy temple, and praise thy name for thy lovingkindness and for thy truth: for thou hast magnified thy word above all thy name.

Psalm 138:2

Heaven

Old 11-18-2008, 05:36 AM   #2332
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

November 18th

"Faith and reflection."

God's promises, God's Scripture, and God's clearest message of all, his Son, are truth. But only the last of these is truth, grace, deliverer, friend, Lord, Savior, brother, Redeemer...

If our views have not this effect on us, they are not Divine truth, or we do not receive them by a living and a working faith, but as mere notions.

Sanctify them by the truth; your word is truth.

John 17:17

Heaven

Old 11-19-2008, 05:29 AM   #2333
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

November 19th

"Life sometimes feels like a football game."

We've got the ball, and everybody else is out to flatten us. In that case, we want to have the best blocker in front of us that we can. God will assume that role for us, if we ask Him to. God sticks with us in the midst of trouble. He picks us up when we fall, He reaches out to help us along when we get bogged down, and He clears our way to deal with problems rather than let us be beaten by them.

Though I walk in the midst of trouble, thou wilt revive me: thou shalt stretch forth thine hand against the wrath of mine enemies, and thy right hand shall save me.

Psalm 138:7

Heaven

Old 11-19-2008, 10:42 PM   #2334
TrulyAmazing
Banned
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by HeavenBesideYou) November 17th

"You say potato..."

What God intends for his Word and what people do with it are two completely different things. God does reveal Himself through His Word, and it is nearly impossible to come to a deep understanding of Him apart from the Holy Scriptures. God has magnified Himself through His Word, and enables us to know Him when we read it in a spirit of openness, with a desire for the truth.

I will worship toward thy holy temple, and praise thy name for thy lovingkindness and for thy truth: for thou hast magnified thy word above all thy name.

Psalm 138:2

Heaven

AMEN bub those Our Glorified Precepts In the beging was the word and the word became flesh THERE IS NO UNDERSTANDING WITH OUT HIM There Is No Councel Without Him THERE IS NO VOICE OF THE ONLY LIVING GOD WITHOUT HIM HE PLEASED HIS FATHER WELL AND GOD ALMIGHTY UPLIFTED HIM Into Perfection and in this day and in this hour in our post moderen day christian socitiy and alternative christian life styles its ok to belive in GOD but Not Jesus Or To Believe In Jesus But Not God GLORY TO GOD JUST MAKES YOU WANNA SCREAM JESUS THANK YOU AND PRAISE YOU FOR JUST BEING WHO YOU ARE IN MY LIFE KING OF KINGS AND LORD OF LORDS Whos Words are an all cousoming fire And Life Ever Lasting
BLESSINGS AND STRENTH KATS And Uplift Each Other And Forbear One Another In Love BECAUSE If The Chosen Few Dont Up Hold Each Other The Way He Forbears Us Nobody Else Will PRAISE JESUS wonderfull post David
Old 11-20-2008, 05:37 AM   #2335
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

November 20th

"Big things come in small packages."

In the Old Testament, the rescuer of Israel arrived at the battlefield in a most unlikely form... a young shepherd boy. King Saul and his entire army were surprised when David defeated Goliath and won the day. They needed to learn the way that God looks at people. You see, if we judge others only by their outer appearance, we might miss the wonderful surprise of what’s in their heart.

The Lord does not see as man sees; for man looks at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart.

1 Samuel 16:7

Heaven

Old 11-21-2008, 05:33 AM   #2336
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

November 21st

"How glorious are the hopes of such a privilege."

The apostle Paul was amazing. He is writing one of the most problematic churches and yet finds reasons to give thanks for them. First, he is thankful for them because Jesus died for them. When God extends his grace to others, how can we not do the same? Second, he recognizes the areas of their abuse are also a reason to give thanks - they may have distorted it, but when reined in to honor God, these gifts could bless their church. Even though he has tough words to follow, Paul's example reminds us that a child of God is something to be cherished, even if they have problems.

I always thank God for you because of his grace given you in Christ Jesus. For in him you have been enriched in every way - in all your speaking and in all your knowledge.

1 Corinthians 1:4-5

Heaven

Old 11-22-2008, 10:24 AM   #2337
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

November 22nd

"Stage fright?"

Oh don't worry... Like the director of a play who knows all his actors' lines by heart, so God knows the thoughts and words we possess. He stands anxiously, waiting to see if we will use our mouths to glorify and uplift, or if we will muff our lines and turn to other things. He always knows what he would like us to say, but He still allows us the freedom to choose what will actually come out. Let us use our tongues to the glory and honor of God. Proclaim the love of God, and you'll never muff a line.

For there is n ot a word in my tongue, but, lo, O Lord, thou knowest it altogether.

Psalm 138:4

Heaven

Old 11-23-2008, 11:30 AM   #2338
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

November 23rd

"A good motive turns bad on the hinge of selfishness."

A good-Samaritan-turned-bad saved a woman's life and then stole her purse. Police in Los Angeles said that a passerby had noticed a distressed woman getting ready to jump off a bridge. The man struggled with the woman until she broke free and then fell back onto the concrete and was knocked unconscious. That's when the surprise came. According to witnesses, the suspect then grabbed the woman's purse and ran off.

That man's outrageous behavior illustrates the pattern of the Pharisees. They too seemed ready to go to the rescue of others (Matthew 23:15). They were advertised as men of prayer, men of the Scriptures, champions of the faith, and helpers of the needy. But the intentions of their hearts revealed that they were actually thieves and exploiters of people.

None of us is above such behavior. We too can reach out to others with an honest desire to help them, yet underneath we may become more interested and concerned about our own welfare than about theirs.

Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you pay tithe . . . and have neglected . . . justice and mercy and faith.

Matthew 23:23

Heaven

Old 11-23-2008, 09:34 PM   #2339
TrulyAmazing
Banned
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by HeavenBesideYou) November 23rd

"A good motive turns bad on the hinge of selfishness."

A good-Samaritan-turned-bad saved a woman's life and then stole her purse. Police in Los Angeles said that a passerby had noticed a distressed woman getting ready to jump off a bridge. The man struggled with the woman until she broke free and then fell back onto the concrete and was knocked unconscious. That's when the surprise came. According to witnesses, the suspect then grabbed the woman's purse and ran off.

That man's outrageous behavior illustrates the pattern of the Pharisees. They too seemed ready to go to the rescue of others (Matthew 23:15). They were advertised as men of prayer, men of the Scriptures, champions of the faith, and helpers of the needy. But the intentions of their hearts revealed that they were actually thieves and exploiters of people.

None of us is above such behavior. We too can reach out to others with an honest desire to help them, yet underneath we may become more interested and concerned about our own welfare than about theirs.

Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you pay tithe . . . and have neglected . . . justice and mercy and faith.

Matthew 23:23

Heaven

brother there is no perfect rescue now a days i guess the dude figured he would just go ahead and take his reward for his great deed i find it funny david cant help it BUT SERIOUS thats a good point you made THE FLESH IS MADE TO PLEASE ITS SELF And Sometimes We Do Get Caught Up In It GLORY TO GOD It Is Its a constant battle GLORY TO GOD THE LORD THY GOD WEIGHS THE DEEDS OF THE HEART AND THE INTENT THEREOF Now The Pharisees Brother Have A Long Record PRAISE JESUS HE DID TELL US TO BE WHERE OF THEME We Fight The Glorfied Battle Praise Jesus PRAISE GOD DAVID i find very few deeds Of Herods Army And Pharisees Here But Awsome Post Great To Point Out And The Scriptures surley backs your post speaking of the pharisees ECC 12,17 IM JUST HAVING A GREAT TIME IN THE WORD TONITE And I Turned Myself To Behold Wisdom And Madness PRAISE JESUS And Folly OH HE GREW THE TREE, And as we Read The Word We Surley Know Why And He Beheld Folly For What Can The Man Do That Cometh After The King Even That Which Hath Been Already Done Then I Saw That Wisdom Excelleth folly As Far As The Light Excelleth Darkness The Wise Mans Eyes Are In His Head But The Fool Walketh In Darkness And I Myself Perceived Also That One Event Happenth To Theme All Then Said I In My Heart As It Happend To The Fool So It Happend To Me And Was I Then More Wise Then I Said In My Heart This Is Also Vantiy For There Is No More Remembrance Of The Wise More Than Of The Fool For Ever Seeing That Which Now Is The Days To Come Shall All Be Forgoten And How dieth The Wise Man Than As The Fool Therefore I hated life because The Work That Is Wrought Under The Sun Is Grievous unto me Foe Alll Is Vantiy And Vexation Spirt Glory To God And Guys Nows The Time If I Wanted To Be Vain And Look Smart I,d Slowly Be Removing My Glasses And Looking At you PRAISE JESUS EVEN THOUGH HE WAS MADE A LITTLE LOWER THAN THE ANGELS Today And Even More So Today HE IS QUESTIONED Well Its Still Genuine THERE WAS ONLY ONE PERFECT THERE WAS ONLY ONE WITH OUT VANTIY THERE WAS ONLY ONE WAY ONE TRUTH ONE LIFE THAT EVEN THE OLD TESTAMENT CRIED OUT TO And That Was Jesus Christ King Of King And Lord Of Lords Matt 26 verse 52, Jesus Said Put Up Again Thy Sword into his place For All That Take The Sword Shall Perish With The Sword Think Not Oh Think Not That I Cnt Pray To My Father And He Shall Present With GIVE ME MORE THAN 12 Legions of Angels BUT HOW THEN SHALL THE SCRPTURES BE FULFILLED HE SAID THAT IT MUST BE, PRAISE JESUS MOSES COULD,nt SAVE FULLY None Of The Prophets Wore His Shoes To Calavary
Old 11-25-2008, 05:16 AM   #2340
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

November 25th

"God's children."

If you are God's child, He desires that you walk with Him and love Him with your whole heart. If you do not, you will not lose your salvation but you will have to live with the consequences of making bad choices. Those consequences are usually inflicted upon us by other people. But those people will not get off easy in their unjust deeds and prideful attitudes towards you. They, too, will have to suffer the consequences for how they deal with you, God's child. God is always on your side.

The word of the Lord came to me: "Son of man, set your face against the Ammonites and prophesy against them. Say to them 'Hear the word of the Sovereign Lord. This is what the Sovereign Lord says: Because you said "Aha!" over my sanctuary when it was desecrated and over the land of Israel when it was laid waste and over the people of Judah when they went into exile, therefore I am going to give you to the people of the East as a possession.'"

Ezekiel 25:1-4

Heaven