++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Faith / Religion
Today's Posts «

Old 08-13-2008, 06:09 AM   #2206
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: Daily Bread

August 13th

"Live for God without reservation."

The Psalmist reminds us that we are fearfully and wonderfully made and God has something definite planned for us to do while we are here. We display his craftsmanship and skill when we intentionally live for him and not like the rest of the world.

We are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.

Ephesians 2:10

Heaven

Old 08-14-2008, 06:01 AM   #2207
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

August 14th

"Forgive and forget?"

It is not that God has a bad memory, but that His love is so complete and boundless that He will not retain the memory of something we ask to be forgiven for. He erases the sins from our slate, and we start fresh. That is how far God removes our sin from us.

As far as the east is from the west, so far hath he removed our transgressions from us.

Psalm 103:12

Heaven

Old 08-15-2008, 06:11 AM   #2208
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

August 15th

"We belong to the Lord."

One of the incredible realizations we can have as Christians is that our relationship with the Lord can be eternal. As long as we seek after him, he is always there and no one can separate us from his love. Even when we die, we go to be with the Lord. When we sleep in death, we are still "in the Lord." Everything we have on earth is temporary except our love for the Lord Jesus and those with whom we share that love!

If we live, we live to the Lord: and if we die, we die to the Lord. So, whether we live or die, we belong to the Lord.

Romans 14:8

Heaven

Old 08-17-2008, 09:00 AM   #2209
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

August 17th

"Of the Lord's."

In a world with skewed values, and false promises, and fleeting fame, what can we boast in other than the steadfastness of the Lord's love, the incredible riches of the Lord's grace, the incomparable supply of the Lord's blessings, the sweetness of the Lord's people, the mercy of the Lord's plan for our salvation, the promise of the Lord's tomorrow, the... "of the Lord's...!"

"Let him who boasts boast in the Lord." For it is not the one who commends himself who is approved, but the one whom the Lord commends.

2 Corinthians 10:17-18

Heaven

Old 08-18-2008, 06:47 AM   #2210
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

August 18th

"Rain is God's tears."

You've probably heard this analogy before, that when it rains God is crying because of us... Children often use this story while also expalining that when it thunders God is mad at us too.. Children have a way of cutting through a lot of confusion to the heart of the matter. Though God doesn't cry because of us, He often cries with us when we suffer. Many people perceive God to be so detached and above us all that He never relates to what we go though. Nothing could be further from the truth. The reason that God sent His only Son to be our Savior was so that He could reach out to us in our struggles and say, "I struggle with you." Perhaps the rain is not actually God's own tears, but let it be a reminder to us that God does indeed cry for His children in their times of need.

He watereth the hills from his chambers: the earth is satisfied with the fruit of thy works.

Psalm 104:13

Heaven

Old 08-19-2008, 09:56 PM   #2211
Lost Tiger
USER INFO »

yes, indeed. you are exactly right. thats a lovely point you make. and.. what the deal with the smoking smiley at the end of your post? lol.
Old 08-20-2008, 06:48 AM   #2212
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

Good morning... I don't know how but the smokey smiley has been part of my sig since 2001...

August 20th

Prayer... Lord, make me an obedient child and a willing follower. Break my willful nature, and help me to see the wisdom of Your ways. Amen.

Heaven

Old 08-21-2008, 07:01 AM   #2213
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

August 21st

"A solemn call to praise and serve the Lord."

Do we spend much time glorying in all that the Lord has done for us, or do we lament over what has yet to occur? So often we can find ourselves blaming God when things don't go right. The Hebrew people did it. The kings did it. Even early Christians did it. We should be careful to learn from their mistakes and fill our hearts and mouths with the praise that God surely deserves.

Remember his marvelous works that he hath done; his wonders, and the judgments of his mouth.

Psalm 105:5

Heaven

Old 08-22-2008, 06:17 AM   #2214
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

August 22nd

"Lack of gratitude and appreciation."

Some of us want what we want when we want it, and we really don't care whether we're being ungrateful or not. God has showered us with blessings, and sometimes we stand defiantly demanding more. God is willing to give us many good things, but not when we refuse to value what we've got. Christian maturity requires that we learn to be satisfied with what we have. It is pleasing to God when His children say "Thank You," instead of "More."

Our fathers understood not thy wonders in Egypt; they remembered not the multitude of thy mercies; but provoked him at the sea, even at the Red sea.

Psalm 106:7

Heaven

Old 08-23-2008, 07:24 AM   #2215
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

August 23rd

"The comfort He brings us."

While we are amazed at the vastness of God's reach and the awesome breadth of his power and the glorious sweep of his majesty, the incredible truth is his personal nearness to us. He chooses to know us and be actively involved in the trials and triumphs of each day with us. How will today, or tomorrow, be different because you are aware of his presence and companionship?

When I said, "My foot is slipping," your love, O Lord, supported me. When anxiety was great within me, your consolation brought joy to my soul.

Psalm 94:18-19

Heaven

Old 08-24-2008, 06:16 AM   #2216
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

August 24th

"Personal Jesus."

Understanding the Lord's love and nearness should lead us to serve him and continue our relationship with him. While we love God for many reasons, we want to express our love to him today especially for his personal concern for us.

I love the Lord, he heard my voice; he heard my cry for mercy. Because he turned his ear to me, I will call on him as long as I live.

Psalm 116:1-2

Your own, personal, Jesus
someone to hear your prayers,
someone who's there
Reach out and touch faith

~Depeche Mode

Heaven

Old 08-24-2008, 11:30 PM   #2217
TrulyAmazing
Banned
USER INFO »

:
Quote: (Originally Posted by Lost Tiger) yes, indeed. you are exactly right. thats a lovely point you make. and.. what the deal with the smoking smiley at the end of your post? lol.
Yes It Is I loved that post but i must correct HAAAA GLORY TO GOD < this is the smokey icon ya see < this is pimpy icon HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA let me point it out DONT IT BRING YOU JOY !!!! davids got a sense of humor like myself JOY JOY JOY i like the pimpy i,ve like wanted so many times to use this one on my signature KILL,EM ALL LET GOD SORT,EM OUT HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Old 08-25-2008, 10:53 AM   #2218
TrulyAmazing
Banned
USER INFO »
We Stand Fearless At The Cliff Edge

OF DOOM GLORY TO GOD Miss Ya this Morning Brother i,ll be more than delighted to cover for ya it is a delight And A joy To Do So Unlike having to feed your Dog or like water your line GLORY where can we go when all the walls fall and all the Armies CRUMBLE AND ALL HOPE IS LOST Of COURSE TO THE ETERNAL GOD WHO IS OUR FATHER WE REACH FOR HIS UNDERSTANDING AND MERCY AND CRY UNTO HIM IM UNABLE IN MYSELF BUT I KNOW MY GOD IT IS YOU THAT OUR MY HELP I LOve THIS HE PRESERVED ISRAEL THROUGH THE DIFICULT TIMES JEHOVHOA PROTECTED THE WORD GLORY FROM THOSE WHO WOULD ERADICATE IT AND HAS LED HIS CHURCH THROUGH MANY WATERS GLORY TROUBLES AND TRIUMPHS EVEN THROUGH THE CENTURIES HE WILL DO THE SAME WITH OUR BODYS GLORY TO GOD, DANIEL 3,16,25 PUNISHMENT IN THE FIERY FURNACE your post reminded me of this one THERE COMES A TIME AS SEASON CHANGES WE ALL MOST WALK THROUGH THAT FIERY FURNACE and glory To God in A Modren Day PRAISE JESUS WE DONT WHAT THE HECK IS A GOING ON GLORY TO GOD I tell Ya Brother THERE IS ALWAYS NEBUCHADNEZZAR WAITING ON YA TO TRIAL YOU WITH FIRE AMEN if you can picture yourself there with these 3 men and after reading the word my spirt found theme GLORY TO GOD HUMBLE TO TRUTH just 3 everyday joes with nothing to prove you know JUST HAVING FAITH AND BELIEVING IN THE GOD OF ABRAHAM AND THE GOD OF MOSES and one day sudden AN ANOUCMENT SOUNDS YOU GOING DIE IF YOU DO NOT BELIEVE IN THE GOD I HAVE SET BEFORE YOU And you can just close your eyes my friends and imagine The Fear that was upon these 3 men shadrach meshach and abednego THESE TIMES WE OUR TRIALED AND ALL THE FUN MAKERS THAT SHAMES US MOCKS US AND AS WHERE IS THY GOD ? No Your Not Doing This Right WE SERVE THE RIGHTFULL GOD ARE FAMILYS ARE BLESSED START LIVING RIGHT AMEN AND AMEN THE SCRITPURES SHOW US WHERE WE,VE BEEN AND HIS TESTIMONY IS LIVING PROOF OF WHAT THE ONLY GOD CAN DO i tell ya people speaking to a trialed so like that AINT GOING MAKING WHERE THESE 3 Man Walked IF IT BE SO OUR GOD WHOM WE SERVE IS ABLE TO DELIVER US FROM THE BURNING FIERY FURNACE AND HE WILL DELIVER US FROM YOUR HANDS WE AINT GOING SERVE NO GOLDEN GODS THEN WAS THE KING NEB FULL OF FURY AS EVERYTHING GETS AROUND YOU WHEN YOU SERVE HIM IT GET ANGERY WHEN YOU OVERCOME HIS WICKED PLAN GLORY AND the King Changed HE SPOKE AND COMANDEND I LOVE THIS Part THAT THEY SHOULD HEAT THE FURNACE ONE SEVENS TIMES MORE THAN IT WAS WONT TO BE HEATED thats 7 times hotter GLORY the fear that was there BUT THEY JUST WALKED ON THROUGH IT GLORY AND WAS NOT TOUCHED BECAUSE THE FIRE WAS WITH THEME PRAISE JESUS And NEB Fell In Love With This GOD Because Of His Power IT WAS NOT POWER THAT SAVED THESE 3 MEN IT WAS FAITH IN THERE GOD AND THAT KING KNEW HE JUST HAD TO BAWL AND LAY THAT FIDDLE DOWN AMEN JESUS KING OF KING AND LORD OF LORDS JESUS So mabey shadfrach meshach and abednego My Brother They Surley Did,nt stand fearless BUT THEY DID STAND PRAISE JESUS gotta cut it short hate to Loves Ya BLESSINGS AND STRENGETH KATS
Old 08-26-2008, 06:05 AM   #2219
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

August 26th

"Let your mind be the source of your understanding and liberation."

God has given us minds to use and wonderful technologies. There is no excuse for living in fear and darkness in our world today. He has liberated us from ignorance and has granted us knowledge and wisdom beyond measure. Take hold of the great gift of the mind, and thank God daily for it.

He brought them out of darkness and the shadow of death, and brake their bands in sunder.

Psalm 107:14

Heaven

Old 08-27-2008, 06:06 AM   #2220
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

August 27th

"Depend on God and keep at it."

It is naive to think that trusting in God solves all of our problems... Christians have many of the same problems that unbelievers do because they share the same mortal flesh. On the other hand it's true that if we trust in God, we believe our work stands or falls in his hands and that ultimately we will share in his victorious and glorious presence. It means our lives will not be lived in vain. That's not just confidence, but it's the foundation to true peace... Life lived to its fullest and richest knowing that it matters and we don't need to be anxious about its results.

You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in you.

Isaiah 26:3

Heaven