++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Faith / Religion
Today's Posts «

Old 05-24-2005, 09:21 PM   #1
Sincirr
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Contact:  Send a message via ICQ to Sincirr Send a message via MSN to Sincirr Send a message via Skype to Sincirr
2the Persecuted ones Who Believe In a "God"

Permit me to use a quote from my chosen writings to encourage you -

They jeer
Using words to kill;
They bully their way with words.

They're full of hot air,
Loudmouths disturbing the peace.
People actually listen to them - can you believe it?
Like thirsty puppies, they lap up their words...

...Still when I tried to figure it out
all I got was a splitting headache...

Until I entered the sanctuary of God.
Then I saw the whole picture:
The slippery road you've put them on
with a final crash in a ditch of delusions.

A blind curve in the dark, and - nightmare!
We wake up and rub our eyes....Nothing.
There's nothing to them. And there never was.

Psalm 73, Version by Eugene H. Peterson
Found in The Message

Though there are times of persecution, God is REAL. The reason we believe is because in some way, God has made an effort to reveal it to us. Though some will agressively come against your faith, stand firm! Keep your focus not on the things of this world, but on God, ok.

The fight you feel you are fighting is actually, truly God's; so hand it over, as God can fight it better than we can.

Seriously, hang in there.
Be stregnthened.
Be vigilant.
Be blessed.

Donna Lee - Fellow believer

ROCK HARD!!!

Old 06-02-2005, 01:25 AM   #2
no_fixd_address
USER INFO »
Persecution

April 11, 2005

U.N. POPULATION CHIEF LECTURES VATICAN

Thoraya Obaid, the head of the U.N. Population Fund, admonished the Vatican today to change its teachings on condoms. Speaking of the need for the Catholic Church to endorse condom use, she said, “We are hoping the new pope will take this message further, because it makes no sense sending people to their death.” She urged the Church to adopt a “morally correct decision” on how to stop HIV.

Catholic League president William Donohue spoke to this issue today:

“Is there anyone on the planet who doesn’t know about the alleged wonders of condoms? Yet, it is indisputably true that as condom use has increased, so have sexually transmitted diseases (STD’s). This is not to say that condom use causes STD’s, but it is to say that condom use has not prevented the explosion in STD’s. And this is because the same culture that prizes sexual license—in all its expressions—is morally incapable of sending a message of restraint.

“If Thoraya Obaid is truly concerned about HIV in Africa, she should get the U.N. to endorse the teachings of the Catholic Church on matters sexual. That is because the only real success story on that continent is Uganda, a nation that has tailored its anti-HIV strategy to the wisdom of Catholic sexual ethics. According to Edward C. Green, a professor at the Harvard School of Public Health, ‘basic behavioral changes in Uganda of 1987-95 have kept HIV prevalence declining up until now.’ The reason why the progress that has been made is now in jeopardy has more to do with dropping the emphasis on abstinence, he says, in exchange for a more condom-centered approach.

“Obaid is not only wrong on the issue, she is wrong on the cause of deaths due to AIDS. It is near impossible for anyone to die of AIDS (save for a blood transfusion) who follows the teachings of the Catholic Church on sexuality. It is not the Catholic Church that is causing Africans to die—or is responsible for a new strain of HIV among homosexuals in New York City—it is behavioral recklessness.”
“There are not over a hundred people in the United States who hate the Catholic Church. There are millions, however, who hate what they wrongly believe to be the Catholic Church, which is, of course, quite a different thing.”

Bishop Fulton J. Sheen
Old 06-03-2005, 05:08 PM   #3
uncertaindrumer
USER INFO »
Good stuff, there, man. Although... not quite sure what it has to do with the topic, lol
Old 06-03-2005, 11:44 PM   #4
creedsister
USER INFO »
Haaaaaaaaaaa I guess He Wanted To Share his opion in the thread i dont have a probleam Oh Donna I loved Your Words So Many Ways To Describe Pslam 73..I prefer The MORONS FINAL DAYS AMEN** Let,em Talk And Preach All About It its their cup of tea ...sometimes i feel the urge hun to bite my fist but i pray afterward but your thread was stress reliever haaaaaaaaaaa i really dont know how people buy it haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Hush child I,ll tell you why you have Loved Me when you were weak you have given me unselfishly Kept you From Falling Falling everywhere But Your Kness you set me free to live my life you become my Reason To Survive The Great Divide you Set Me Free Ooh Our Love Is Beautiful Ooh isn,t This Beautiful Child It Seems You Have Been My Everything
Old 06-04-2005, 12:06 AM   #5
no_fixd_address
USER INFO »
The Persecuted

Quote: Good stuff, there, man. Although... not quite sure what it has to do with the topic, lol

The United Nations persecutes the Catholic Church. Since the topic was on the persecuted of those who believe in "a God" as the thread starter says, people need to be aware of certain facts. There is no church more persecuted than the Catholic Church. And I dare anyone to show me millions of web sites on the internet devoted to misrepresenting THEIR church with falsehoods (by other "Christians"). We are persecuted by repressive governments, movies, television sit coms, talk shows, Christian radio and TV broadcasts. The culture of death, and the latest god of the times, MORAL RELATIVISM. So its time to get a bit of an education, wake up, and see where you are standing.
“There are not over a hundred people in the United States who hate the Catholic Church. There are millions, however, who hate what they wrongly believe to be the Catholic Church, which is, of course, quite a different thing.”

Bishop Fulton J. Sheen
Old 06-04-2005, 12:42 AM   #6
uncertaindrumer
USER INFO »
Well I guess. I mean, I love the post, no doubting that! I was just curious.
Old 06-04-2005, 06:42 AM   #7
Sincirr
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via ICQ to Sincirr Send a message via MSN to Sincirr Send a message via Skype to Sincirr
yeh i was curious too but i sorta got where u were coming from
I am starting to believe that christians are gonna get persecuted worse than other minorities!

ROCK HARD!!!

Old 06-04-2005, 10:26 PM   #8
no_fixd_address
USER INFO »
May 24, 2005

LOS ANGELES TIMES WRITER SPEWS HATE

Catholic League president William Donohue wrote the following news release in response to columnist Robert Scheer’s latest piece:

“In today’s article, Los Angeles Times op-ed page writer Robert Scheer manages to mangle the facts and distort the truth about both the Catholic Church and homosexuals. He does so because he is full of hate.

“He dubs the Catholic Church ‘one of the most sexually repressed institutions in human history’ that is responsible for a ‘horrific drumbeat of child molestation revelations’ led by a new pope who is ‘a longtime leader of vicious church attacks on ‘evil’ gays’; Pope Benedict XVI is also accused of scapegoating the media. Scheer is wrong on all counts.

“It is not the Catholic Church’s emphasis on sexual reticence that gave us the scandal, it was morally delinquent priests who jettisoned the Church’s teachings on sexuality. The ‘drumbeat of child molestation revelations’ is pure myth: 81 percent of the victims were male—the majority being postpubescent—and 100 percent of the victimizers were male, thus making this a homosexual scandal (not a pedophilia scandal). But don’t look for Scheer to mention this: He will protect gays at all costs and he will slander the Catholic Church at any expense.

“The pope never called gays ‘evil’ and Scheer knows it. What the pope said when he was a cardinal is that homosexual behavior is ‘intrinsically evil,’ thus reiterating Church teaching. So what? This is hardly a unique position: None of the world’s religions—Christianity, Judaism, Islam (as well as the Eastern religions)—accepts homosexuality. And who is Scheer, a non-Catholic, to stick his nose into internal religious matters anyway?

“Not only has the pope not scapegoated the media, but as recently as Good Friday he drew attention to the ‘filth there is in the Church, and even among those who, in the priesthood, ought to belong entirely’ to God. Now if only the Los Angeles Times would rid itself of its own rot.”

http://www.catholicleague.org/news.htm

Bishop Fulton J. Sheen
Old 06-05-2005, 11:23 AM   #9
uncertaindrumer
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by no_fixd_address) May 24, 2005

LOS ANGELES TIMES WRITER SPEWS HATE

Catholic League president William Donohue wrote the following news release in response to columnist Robert Scheer’s latest piece:

“In today’s article, Los Angeles Times op-ed page writer Robert Scheer manages to mangle the facts and distort the truth about both the Catholic Church and homosexuals. He does so because he is full of hate.

“He dubs the Catholic Church ‘one of the most sexually repressed institutions in human history’ that is responsible for a ‘horrific drumbeat of child molestation revelations’ led by a new pope who is ‘a longtime leader of vicious church attacks on ‘evil’ gays’; Pope Benedict XVI is also accused of scapegoating the media. Scheer is wrong on all counts.

“It is not the Catholic Church’s emphasis on sexual reticence that gave us the scandal, it was morally delinquent priests who jettisoned the Church’s teachings on sexuality. The ‘drumbeat of child molestation revelations’ is pure myth: 81 percent of the victims were male—the majority being postpubescent—and 100 percent of the victimizers were male, thus making this a homosexual scandal (not a pedophilia scandal). But don’t look for Scheer to mention this: He will protect gays at all costs and he will slander the Catholic Church at any expense.

“The pope never called gays ‘evil’ and Scheer knows it. What the pope said when he was a cardinal is that homosexual behavior is ‘intrinsically evil,’ thus reiterating Church teaching. So what? This is hardly a unique position: None of the world’s religions—Christianity, Judaism, Islam (as well as the Eastern religions)—accepts homosexuality. And who is Scheer, a non-Catholic, to stick his nose into internal religious matters anyway?

“Not only has the pope not scapegoated the media, but as recently as Good Friday he drew attention to the ‘filth there is in the Church, and even among those who, in the priesthood, ought to belong entirely’ to God. Now if only the Los Angeles Times would rid itself of its own rot.”

http://www.catholicleague.org/news.htm

I read Scheer's article... It was DISGUSTING. My first thought after reading it was "Is this guy gay or something?". I mean, he distorted so many facts, claimed so many opinions AS facts, and just didn't understand what he was talking about AT ALL.
Old 06-05-2005, 03:01 PM   #10
creedsister
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by no_fixd_address) The United Nations persecutes the Catholic Church. Since the topic was on the persecuted of those who believe in "a God" as the thread starter says, people need to be aware of certain facts. There is no church more persecuted than the Catholic Church. And I dare anyone to show me millions of web sites on the internet devoted to misrepresenting THEIR church with falsehoods (by other "Christians"). We are persecuted by repressive governments, movies, television sit coms, talk shows, Christian radio and TV broadcasts. The culture of death, and the latest god of the times, MORAL RELATIVISM. So its time to get a bit of an education, wake up, and see where you are standing.
Amen And Amen The Facts Are Cool ***NO FIXED ADDRESS HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA LMAO*** But Only A Few Indeed Know The Right Passage HAAAAAAAAAAAAAA Im Sorry ** Haaaaaaaaaaaaa Saint John Ch.10 Verliy Verliy I Say Unto You He That Enters Not By The Door Into The Sheepfold But CLIMBETH UP SOME OTHER WAY The Same Is A Thife And A Robber But He That Enters In By The Door Is The Shepered Of The Sheep To Him The Portal Opens And The Sheep Hear His Voice And He Call His Own By Name !!!
Hush child I,ll tell you why you have Loved Me when you were weak you have given me unselfishly Kept you From Falling Falling everywhere But Your Kness you set me free to live my life you become my Reason To Survive The Great Divide you Set Me Free Ooh Our Love Is Beautiful Ooh isn,t This Beautiful Child It Seems You Have Been My Everything