++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 10-18-2009, 03:38 PM   #31
XALTERBRIDGEX
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: best chorus?

Quote: (Originally Posted by Dark_Knight) Definitely hard to explain but it's being used Nagpo... they also used a bit on Walmart Soundcheck.

ya if you listen close Stapp's voice is real scratchy, some pitch correction was used I think..
Old 10-18-2009, 07:23 PM   #32
nagpo
USER INFO »

Listened to a thousand faces live from the houston show.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lr3nY...eature=related

He still sounds good. At some points he didint sound right. But overall it was good.
Old 10-18-2009, 07:31 PM   #33
Creed009
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by creediscool17) bullets and freedom fighter had no melody? just because its not the gay melody that you hear on the radio doesn't mean it isn't melody. there is such a thing as instrumental melody in case you didn't know... some of us actually enjoy hearing a guitar riff.. there really wasn't any screaming in either of those songs also, scott stapp has never really done that. Weathered had some shoe-in singles, but it was a pretty ballsy album.. an 8 minute epic featuring 2 minutes of indian chants... their heaviest song to date starts the album, and their slowest song to date ends it.

it was by far the most dynamic album they made. a lot of people can't be happy with it because they want every song to sound the same for some reason people can't accept too much variety in their music.

If you compare a song like "Bullets" to their other hard songs like What If, Unforgiven, Young Grow Old, etc there is a clear difference. These songs have much more of a melodic chorus than Bullets. I think that Creed's sound really changed when Brian Marshall left, and not for the better. All of their hard songs simply lost the melody that they once had. It's amazing the difference that one person can make.
Old 10-18-2009, 08:02 PM   #34
creediscool17
Banned
USER INFO »

i gotta tell you i dont think brian marshall has anything to do with the melodies in creeds music or vocals. mark tremonti and scott stapp write all the songs together, and not to dog on brian marshall but he is just another bass player that does whats called "shadowing" he basically just plays behind whatever mark is playing. i actually thought the bass playing on weathered was the best which of course mark played on that album. "whos got my back" comes to mind

flip even said when making black bird that him and brian just pretty much follow what mark does. musically mark is the leader of the band no doubt
Old 10-18-2009, 10:21 PM   #35
Icedmofo
USER INFO »

I gotta disagree with you there, the bass work that marshall did on my own prison and human clay is brilliant. All Mark did on weathered was follow the chord changes.

Listen to the bass line in songs like Torn, Say I, and Is This the End, it's good shit.