++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Closed Thread

Old 10-18-2009, 02:42 AM   #31
creediscool17
Banned
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: who cares about chart positions?

Quote: (Originally Posted by Icedmofo) In point of fact:

My sacrifice, To Whom It May Concern, and Broken Wings all have the same EXACT chords for the chorus.

Someday and How You Remind Me are in different keys and tempo, the clip just speeds Someday up and raises the key to MAKE it match how you remind me.

My Sacrifice, To Whom It May Concern, and Broken Wings are in different tunings on guitar, but all the choruses are the exact same chords in the exact same keys.

Just playing devil's advocate on this one.

same chords? same keys? heard of greenday? they've been playing the same three chords for 20 years in every song, every verse, and every chorus.

every band uses the same chords, its not that.. those two nickelback songs had the same intro (acoustic) same exact vocal entrance, and the same drum build up and the same distorted chorus sound... same same same. also theres a difference between creed-alterbridge and nickelback.... myles kennedy and scott stapp ACTUALLY CHANGE THEIR VOICE. if its a slow emotional song like broken wings myles kennedy sounds emotional.. if its a fast heavy paced song he sings faster with a higher pitched voice, accenting the emotion given with the music.

chad kroeger... uses the same voice... in every song. every..single...song.

no matter what the tempo, tone, or volume of the song... heavy or soft, loud or quiet... he uses that same annoying voice. has he once used vibrato in a song? like actual singing? he just YELLS. nickelback is TERRIBLE. period.
Old 10-18-2009, 03:54 AM   #32
BSC
USER INFO »

Jesus christ. Your just contradicting yourself.

First you say he doesn't change his voice, and then you say when he does he just yells?!?!

You don't like Nickelback, we get it. Leave it at that? Your opinions are poorly backed up. It's obvious you don't listen to Nickelback, because if you did. You wouldn't be saying what you've just said.
Old 10-18-2009, 04:20 AM   #33
Icedmofo
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by creediscool17) every band uses the same chords, its not that.. those two nickelback songs had the same intro (acoustic) same exact vocal entrance, and the same drum build up and the same distorted chorus sound... same same same.

The same could be said of Is This The End and One Last Breath. Both start with a soft finger picked intro, then a clean chorus, then build in the rest of the band, then have a distorted chorus into a more dramatic bridge and then into a clean chorus, then repeating the chorus again with the full band and distortion.

My point isn't that other bands do it, it's that ALL bands do it to some extent, so your argument of nickelback is a poor one because all bands repeat not only chords, but structure, vocal quality, and rhythm on at least 1/4 of their material.

Very few bands have a song that after you hear it you can say they have no other song in their entire repertoire that is in any way similar.

It's not a bad thing, it's called style.

Chad Kroeger may have a style you don't like, but it's simpler for you to just say you dont' like the quality of his voice than to make a poorly supported argument to make yourself sound intelligent when the same point could be made for many other bands.

You telling me the lead singer for AC/DC is bad because he doesn't sing with vibrato? He sounds pretty much the same on everything but it's still kickass because that's his style and his signature.

Where's the line? David Draiman of Disturbed has two parts to his voice that he sings in, the melodic, and the screamed part. I like the screamed part and i hate when he sings without it, does that make him a bad singer? Or is that just his style? A lot of Disturbed's music is very similar, frequently the entire song is distorted, does that make their music bad? Or is that just their style? Is two parts to your voice not enough to make you good? Or is that just your style?

Is Chad Kroeger somewhat of a one trick pony? Sure. Do i like Nickelback's music? No. But there are some AWFUL singer/songwriters out there that can't hold a key or string together a decent lyrical sentence, and he can, and he's one smart ass business man, regardless of what you think of his music.

Not everyone is born with a versatile voice. You have what you are given the day you walk onto this planet. Some people can't sing with vibrato whatsoever, all they can do is straight tone. Some people have no control over their vibrato. Some people have a really fast vibrato that makes them sounds like a tweeting bird and it's really fucking ugly. Some people are born with perfect pitch, some aren't. Chad Kroeger was born with a really good rasp to his voice, but he's unable to sing without it.

Look up Raul Esparza, he's a broadway actor. He has an amazing voice when he sings straight tone, but he has a naturally fast vibrato when he sings, and i think it sounds terrible when he let's his voice go there. There's the possibility that Chad Kroeger maybe has a vibrato and it just sounds awful naturally, so for the style of music he writes it's better for him to not even make the attempt.

Anyway, if you hate cheesy lyrics, just say that. If you hate his voice and the way it sounds, just say that. Don't make some convoluted argument based on made up facts without putting any contrast whatsoever to any point you make and expect us to think you're smart for it. Especially when you clearly know nothing about vocal technique or the physical aspects that go along with determining what someone's voice sounds like and why.

Last edited by Icedmofo : 10-18-2009 at 04:26 AM.
Old 10-18-2009, 08:25 AM   #34
creediscool17
Banned
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Icedmofo) The same could be said of Is This The End and One Last Breath. Both start with a soft finger picked intro, then a clean chorus, then build in the rest of the band, then have a distorted chorus into a more dramatic bridge and then into a clean chorus, then repeating the chorus again with the full band and distortion.

My point isn't that other bands do it, it's that ALL bands do it to some extent, so your argument of nickelback is a poor one because all bands repeat not only chords, but structure, vocal quality, and rhythm on at least 1/4 of their material.

Very few bands have a song that after you hear it you can say they have no other song in their entire repertoire that is in any way similar.

It's not a bad thing, it's called style.

Chad Kroeger may have a style you don't like, but it's simpler for you to just say you dont' like the quality of his voice than to make a poorly supported argument to make yourself sound intelligent when the same point could be made for many other bands.

You telling me the lead singer for AC/DC is bad because he doesn't sing with vibrato? He sounds pretty much the same on everything but it's still kickass because that's his style and his signature.

Where's the line? David Draiman of Disturbed has two parts to his voice that he sings in, the melodic, and the screamed part. I like the screamed part and i hate when he sings without it, does that make him a bad singer? Or is that just his style? A lot of Disturbed's music is very similar, frequently the entire song is distorted, does that make their music bad? Or is that just their style? Is two parts to your voice not enough to make you good? Or is that just your style?

Is Chad Kroeger somewhat of a one trick pony? Sure. Do i like Nickelback's music? No. But there are some AWFUL singer/songwriters out there that can't hold a key or string together a decent lyrical sentence, and he can, and he's one smart ass business man, regardless of what you think of his music.

Not everyone is born with a versatile voice. You have what you are given the day you walk onto this planet. Some people can't sing with vibrato whatsoever, all they can do is straight tone. Some people have no control over their vibrato. Some people have a really fast vibrato that makes them sounds like a tweeting bird and it's really fucking ugly. Some people are born with perfect pitch, some aren't. Chad Kroeger was born with a really good rasp to his voice, but he's unable to sing without it.

Look up Raul Esparza, he's a broadway actor. He has an amazing voice when he sings straight tone, but he has a naturally fast vibrato when he sings, and i think it sounds terrible when he let's his voice go there. There's the possibility that Chad Kroeger maybe has a vibrato and it just sounds awful naturally, so for the style of music he writes it's better for him to not even make the attempt.

Anyway, if you hate cheesy lyrics, just say that. If you hate his voice and the way it sounds, just say that. Don't make some convoluted argument based on made up facts without putting any contrast whatsoever to any point you make and expect us to think you're smart for it. Especially when you clearly know nothing about vocal technique or the physical aspects that go along with determining what someone's voice sounds like and why.

1. i never said that any band doesn't follow some formula at some point.
2. one last breath and is this the end, the intros sound nothing alike, just because their finger picked doesn't mean their the same, get a clue
3. chad kroeger wasn't born with a "raspy" voice, he just can't sing, he yells.
4. yes the singer from ac/dc is bad, their the most overrated band in rock music, every song has the same 4 count drum beat, the same chords, and the same terrible lyrics.
5. singing isn't a god given talent, believe or not... many singers actually work hard and do all the right things to keep their voice in good shape, if you ever took a vocal lesson you would know this
6. proof for number 5? listen to mark tremonti on my own prison when he sings, now listen to him singing on "a thousand faces" live in their houston show... WAY better, why? because he has had much experience since then.
7. you made an argument about singing without mentioning Thom Yorke... if you don't know who Thom Yorke is, you don't know who the single greatest singer is of our generation, and you have no credibility.
8.... Im done with the fucking nickelback argument.
Old 10-18-2009, 08:27 AM   #35
creediscool17
Banned
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by BSC) Jesus christ. Your just contradicting yourself.

First you say he doesn't change his voice, and then you say when he does he just yells?!?!

You don't like Nickelback, we get it. Leave it at that? Your opinions are poorly backed up. It's obvious you don't listen to Nickelback, because if you did. You wouldn't be saying what you've just said.

umm you missed what i said. i said that he ALWAYS yells. its obvious i dont listen to nickelback??? let me make this clear... i hardly ever listen to the radio, ever... but the 10 minutes a day i do listen to the radio, i hear at least one nickelback song. i bought "silver side up"... so i've bought one album of theirs... but ive heard at least 12-15 songs from them, so thats probably enough to know what they've got... oh yeah and i've also heard my 12 year old sister rockin out to their music a few times when i was over at my folks house... yeah my 12 year old sister... she listens to the same music as you, thats how cool you are.

seriously though, do you know how to read? im not tryin to be mean though but i clearly said that he always yells, not that he changes his voice to yelling... what are you 7 years old?

Last edited by creediscool17 : 10-18-2009 at 08:30 AM.
Old 10-18-2009, 09:50 AM   #36
BSC
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by creediscool17) umm you missed what i said. i said that he ALWAYS yells. its obvious i dont listen to nickelback??? let me make this clear... i hardly ever listen to the radio, ever... but the 10 minutes a day i do listen to the radio, i hear at least one nickelback song. i bought "silver side up"... so i've bought one album of theirs... but ive heard at least 12-15 songs from them, so thats probably enough to know what they've got... oh yeah and i've also heard my 12 year old sister rockin out to their music a few times when i was over at my folks house... yeah my 12 year old sister... she listens to the same music as you, thats how cool you are.

seriously though, do you know how to read? im not tryin to be mean though but i clearly said that he always yells, not that he changes his voice to yelling... what are you 7 years old?

Lol... I listen to Creed, so you do... Does that make me a douchebag like you?

Oh and, in your post above your last one, you said this...

Quote: (Originally Posted by creediscool17) Im done with the fucking nickelback argument.

You don't know how hard I laughed reading that! So... According to yourself, you were done with this Nickelback arguement, but then post again bringing up the Nickelback arguement?

Thanks for the laughs.. It really brightens up my day.
Old 10-18-2009, 11:38 AM   #37
pricey.21
USER INFO »

creediscool17 you really need to grow up.
You talk absolute nonsense.
Old 10-18-2009, 12:31 PM   #38
nagpo
USER INFO »

So...peanut butter & jelly sandwiches rock
Old 10-18-2009, 01:49 PM   #39
Icedmofo
USER INFO »

In point of everything you just said creediscool, singing is in fact a god given talent.

There are people who take lessons all their life and work on singing non stop and still can't hold a tune, the same as there are those who naturally have the ability to be amazing, and people that are middle of the road.

I have in fact taken voice lessons, i sort of went to college for it.

The chords for Someday and How You Remind me don't sound the same, they're in different keys. You were comparing structure, and structure wise the two creed songs i listed are identical the same way the two nickelback song structures are.

Chad Kroeger really isn't yelling, he's maintaining pitch, if you wanto hear yelling listen to chris cornell singing Show Me How To Live (live) or Scott Stapp singing Reach Out, they're flat and cracking and nowhere near any sort of pitch in key. Chad Kroeger has a mad rasp on his voice, but it's still singing. Listen to old metallica, Hetfield does the same thing, it's only in recent years that he's lost it.

Mark Tremonti has gotten better at singing, you're right, but he ALWAYS had the ability to sing. He didn't train from not being able to match pitch to be a really good singer, he had the ability to sing from the beginning. Was it a strong ability? No, but he still had the natural talent. So again in point of the fact that you obviously know nothing about singing, he was born with the ability.

Not knowing one singer doesn't mean i have no credibility, i didn't point out raul esparza to demean you, i pointed him out as an example.

What really lends someone no credibility is arguing about someone's voice when they know absolutely nothing about vocal qualities, training, or the physical aspects.

Your voice is something you are born with the same way some people have straight hair or curly hair. It's genetic. Some people are born with a naturally strong voice, some with a naturally weaker voice that they work hard and train to get under control. Some people are born with no ability to sing or any musicianship no matter how much training they go through. I know, i've taught the entire gamet of musical and vocal ability in students.

Last edited by Icedmofo : 10-18-2009 at 01:54 PM.
Old 10-18-2009, 04:00 PM   #40
josha31042
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by nagpo) So...peanut butter & jelly sandwiches rock

I'm quite partial to ham and cheese, myself.
Old 10-18-2009, 09:22 PM   #41
Agent D
USER INFO »

Can we just get this moronic thread locked and/or deleted?
Old 10-19-2009, 12:16 AM   #42
creediscool17
Banned
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by pricey.21) creediscool17 you really need to grow up.
You talk absolute nonsense.

yeah? your avatar is a black soccor player.

talk about nonsense.
Old 10-19-2009, 12:16 AM   #43
creediscool17
Banned
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by BSC) Lol... I listen to Creed, so you do... Does that make me a douchebag like you?

Oh and, in your post above your last one, you said this...

You don't know how hard I laughed reading that! So... According to yourself, you were done with this Nickelback arguement, but then post again bringing up the Nickelback arguement?

Thanks for the laughs.. It really brightens up my day.

way to not actually respond to what i said tard
Old 10-19-2009, 12:41 AM   #44
TheGreatDivide
USER INFO »

yes Nagpo, peanut butter and jelly sandwiches rock
I swear I still believe though I don't know - Words Darker Then Their Wings
Old 10-19-2009, 12:57 AM   #45
Icedmofo
USER INFO »