++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 06-16-2004, 06:17 PM   #1
Riffman544
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
"Open Your Eyes"

Hey everyone I am new to the board! "Officially" that is! I am constantly reading the threads and stuff but never replied so HEY! For a good entrance I think ill say Open your eyes kicks major ass! And here id for the bashers on vh1 message board

1- its sounds like creed because well.....lets see....ITS MARK TREMONTI...its his style! And he is with the same band!

2- That is only one song off the 12 song album( is 12 correct?) So dont judge!
And how could you not like that song it kicks ass!

3- Mark Tremonti will personally beat your ass when he comes to your town

4- Myles's voice sounds amazing...And i mean amazing

And I do miss scott stapp being in the band but thats how it goes and....if alter bridge hits bigger than we think its going to.....guitar driven rock and GOOD soloing will be even more mainstream than it was with creed. When i heard that first hard dropped D guitar chord in distortion when i hit play on the vh1 site.....It felt good. Even better to hear that rumbling bass knowing brian is back on board. And to hear Phillips making fireworks with his premier custom set. SO IF YOU DONT LIKE IT!!! SHUTUP :-)
Old 06-16-2004, 06:44 PM   #2
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Dude, welcome to Creedfeed, but if you're so angry with the VH1 people, why don't you tell THEM what you just told us? Have a good stay here!

SP: Actually, we are setting that up.

MT: It was in your contract when you signed up with us.

Old 06-16-2004, 07:25 PM   #3
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
so now I'm home and all the excitement of just hearing it is gone... I'll make a better review in my opinion...

First thing that's changed: It begins with Flip hitting the drums!!! Most of Creed songs begin with Mark's guitar and then Flip starts his job. Very nice!

The sound: I was expecting something totally different, harder... turns out it's so melodic, creedish. And that's what I loved about it!!! It has Mark's signature, which means it's amazing! I loved the melody.

Honestly, I didn't get chills down the spin like when I heard My Sacrifice for the first time. But I've never been so anxious for a song before and after I heard it... I was literally with my arms shacking!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (I think it's up the chills in emotions scale! lol! ) The solo... Mark shows how to shred it up!!! It's beautiful, the guitar is singing along! And finally he decided to show his voice. I always liked the songs he sings.

Flip: he's always improving. I don't know much about drums, but it fits so well to the song: not hidden, not over heard, it's perfect the way it is.

Brian: as I said, my speakers didn't allow me to hear the bass parts. When I fix it, I'll have a better notion, but from what I heard it...I was glad he's back. He's unique, he manages to create sub-melodies like in Say I and Pity for a Dime! Well done!

And last , but not the least:

Myles: what a range, so much control!!! I knew he was good, I dig M4's stuff after we knew he was the one, but on this song... he's indeed the best voice of rock I know. I love Stapp's voice and his way of singing, but Myles is better trained. He sounded completely different from the M4 mp3 I got (just 3: Eden, Flatley's Crutch and another one I forgot!). He rules!!! I wasn't surprised because I knew where he was coming from... but all the time I hear it, I keep thinking how awesome he is. I can't dare trying to sing AB's songs because I'd ruin it. And I love when he goes "uuuuhhhhhh"-ing.

The Lyrics: awesome!!! Indeed I was blown away, as Denise forecasted. Really beautiful! I don't know if it's only Mark's work or if this is one of the songs Myles collaborated, but I congrat him/them! They were really inspired and I wonder by what!

Although many comparissons are being made to Creed, I don't think it's a bad (comparisson). There's nothing wrong. I'm sure that when we hear the next songs, the band will grow apart. Indeed it was an excellent choice for a debut song and to get known.

Cheers, Alter Bridge!!! You guys have no idea how I missed your work!!! That's what motivate us to keep going!

But the bestest thing is that they know I exist now, since DJ Buckethead mentioned my name to them! LOL!

:: Marcos ::
Old 06-16-2004, 08:13 PM   #4
mriamboring
USER INFO »
Are we not allowed to say we don't like it if we don't because you disagree? I was looking forward to this and thus far the first song has been a disappointment. Obviously I'll listen to the album and judge the band from that, but I'm not convinced right now.
Old 06-17-2004, 01:17 AM   #5
hayley
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via MSN to hayley Send a message via Yahoo to hayley
Well we don't care, go complain somewhere else
Cape Reinga, to the fiords in the south.
Harbour lights in the City of Sails
Aroha, the love that never fails
See the bird with the leaf in her mouth
After the flood all the colours came out.'

- Beautiful Day, Auckland, NZ - 24 Nov 2006
Old 06-17-2004, 10:11 AM   #6
creedlvr
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by addicted2stapp) Well we don't care, go complain somewhere else
This is the kind of crap I hate. Just because someone has a difference of opinion, they are told to "go away!?" Some people are going to like Alter Bridge and some people aren't ... get over it! There's no need to be rude!
Old 06-17-2004, 12:49 PM   #7
Xterminator27
USER INFO »
I can expect alot of creed fans not to like Alterbridge just because the difference of them

Then shut the hell up and eat your damn lemons!

BUY MY MERCHANDISE
http://www.cafepress.com/xterminator27

Last edited by Xterminator27 : 06-17-2004 at 12:52 PM.
Old 06-17-2004, 02:46 PM   #8
Jooji_2
Banned
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Riffman544) SO IF YOU DONT LIKE IT!!! SHUTUP :-)

I don't like it....and I have just as much right to say that as you do to tell me to shut up. Don't tell me what kind of opinion I'm allowed to have. Last I heard the Constitution gives me the right of free speech....check out Amendment I of the Bill of Rights
Old 06-17-2004, 03:17 PM   #9
guitarchitect
USER INFO »
everyone is entitled to their own opinion. but i think Mark's writing is great. he' nailed the guitar on the song. i love it. myles has an awesome voice with a lot of range. i can see why the guys like him. and of course flip and brian have grown and are doing an awesome job too
Old 06-17-2004, 03:53 PM   #10
multifast1
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Jooji_2) I don't like it....and I have just as much right to say that as you do to tell me to shut up. Don't tell me what kind of opinion I'm allowed to have. Last I heard the Constitution gives me the right of free speech....check out Amendment I of the Bill of Rights

You better check that document again.. I'm pretty sure you don't have the right to post anything you want on a BB. You also can't scream fire in a crowded theater... unless there really is fire I guess

That said I LOVE the new song. Can't wait for the whole CD now. But I do respect someone's right to not like it and to discuss why they don't. I don't like everysong Creed ever put out but I think 90% of them are incredible.
Old 06-17-2004, 03:56 PM   #11
cariocawlad
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Xterminator27) I can expect alot of creed fans not to like Alterbridge just because the difference of them

Well, I think no. To me They sound very creedish too. Something like creed without Stapp. Anyway, I like the song very much. I was very upset about Alter Bridge (I'm a Scott Stapp fan) but I must admit that they are doing a very good job. I can feel Mark's happiness in this work.

Yes, I just can't take of my head the idea of Scott Stapp singing Open Your Eyes, but Myles is really a good singer and I change my mind about Alter Bridge.
Old 06-17-2004, 03:57 PM   #12
KaeBabe
USER INFO »
I love the new song. Mark's guitar work is awesome, he's finally showing what he's capable of. I think Flip is sooo much better on the drums when he plays like this. The two have definitely come into their own. I never got to hear Brian so this was a real treat! He can play the bass sooo well. And I was a little iffy about Myles, but I love his voice and the range it can get. Very awesome!

I don't think this is a song for everyone, but as long as they're happy with it so am I. Great Job guys!
Old 06-17-2004, 04:02 PM   #13
multifast1
USER INFO »
Oh yeah.. one more comment on the this song. I think it's a very Creed-like song too. Maybe it's because it was a song written by Mark when he thought it would be recorded by Creed.. not sure. I'm also guessing this is the most radio-friendly song on the CD and that's why it was released first. I'm pretty sure the best is yet to come and this one song isn't the best indication of what Alter Bridge is necessarily about.
Old 06-17-2004, 04:06 PM   #14
RockGoddess
USER INFO »
Quote: I can feel Mark's happiness in this work

Great post!

This thread has some really well thought out posts, and it's nice to see some people discuss and not bicker.
Old 06-17-2004, 04:26 PM   #15
hayley
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via MSN to hayley Send a message via Yahoo to hayley
EDIT
Cape Reinga, to the fiords in the south.
Harbour lights in the City of Sails
Aroha, the love that never fails
See the bird with the leaf in her mouth
After the flood all the colours came out.'

- Beautiful Day, Auckland, NZ - 24 Nov 2006

Last edited by Mulletman : 06-17-2004 at 06:59 PM.