++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Faith / Religion
Today's Posts «

Old 02-12-2004, 12:53 PM   #1
bgivens33
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Creation/Evolution....

Who here believes what?? Do you think the bible leaves room for "theistic evolution"? Any young earth creationists? Any pure evolutionists? Please do not attack anyone's views, as crazy as they sound, that is their personal belief.
Old 02-13-2004, 10:53 AM   #2
Sincirr
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via ICQ to Sincirr Send a message via MSN to Sincirr Send a message via Skype to Sincirr
Hehe, this is gonna be fun!

ROCK HARD!!!

Old 02-13-2004, 11:04 AM   #3
creedsister
USER INFO »
hey sincirr i think i know were your coming from} but get ya break it down just a little more come on come on!!!!!!!please!!!!
Hush child I,ll tell you why you have Loved Me when you were weak you have given me unselfishly Kept you From Falling Falling everywhere But Your Kness you set me free to live my life you become my Reason To Survive The Great Divide you Set Me Free Ooh Our Love Is Beautiful Ooh isn,t This Beautiful Child It Seems You Have Been My Everything
Old 02-13-2004, 11:08 AM   #4
Sincirr
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via ICQ to Sincirr Send a message via MSN to Sincirr Send a message via Skype to Sincirr
LOL!!!!!!! I'm waaaaaaaaaaay too tired right now. HAHA
But never fear, I'll be posting here! LOL

ROCK HARD!!!

Old 02-13-2004, 11:10 AM   #5
creedsister
USER INFO »
Ok !!!!!!!!!!! Fine By me!!!!!!Rock on !!!!
Hush child I,ll tell you why you have Loved Me when you were weak you have given me unselfishly Kept you From Falling Falling everywhere But Your Kness you set me free to live my life you become my Reason To Survive The Great Divide you Set Me Free Ooh Our Love Is Beautiful Ooh isn,t This Beautiful Child It Seems You Have Been My Everything
Old 02-13-2004, 11:37 AM   #6
american_bad_a$
USER INFO »
WOW!! Great thread.

I am in the middle of school here at college, so i will expound more on what i am saying later.

But for now. I am a creationist. I do not think that the bible leaves any room at all for theistic evolution, the "gap theory", or any other cop out that has to do wi th evoltution.

I believe that the universe was created in 6 literal, 24 hour days by God, in the beginning. And on the 7th day, He reasted, not because he was tired or anything like that, but the 7th day, was symbolic for the future Sabbath for the jewish people.

like i said, i don't have all my proof on the top of my head, so i will expound more later.
Old 02-27-2004, 12:50 AM   #7
bgivens33
USER INFO »
What in the Bible makes you think that there isn't any room for theistic evolution? Is it blashemous to think evolution is just the paintbrush of God?? And speaking of creation, do you believe there is one or two creation stories in the Bible? I personally feel there is two. Which leads me to believe the creation story is more of a myth(bad word choice), something created to help people understand how the world was created. Not to take away from the fact that God made it, just to help people understand.
Old 02-27-2004, 12:57 AM   #8
creedsister
USER INFO »
im tired and i will be back and fix this thread here
Old 02-27-2004, 01:11 AM   #9
bgivens33
USER INFO »
Sweet dreams
Old 02-27-2004, 09:24 AM   #10
american_bad_a$
USER INFO »
there is no room for theistic evolution in the bible, because, the words in that are used to make some people believe that, do not mean that in the original hebrew and greek. they are translated that way in english, and people are getting theorys, from those words, not what was written in the hebrew and greek.

i believe that there was one creation in the bible, again, for the same reason above - the original greek and hebrew words do not mean that.

evolution was not the paintbrush of God. the Word says that he created in in days. and those mean 24 hour, literal days, as the poirgina hebrew and greek mean.

does that make any sense?
Old 03-01-2004, 05:20 PM   #11
Higher_Desire
USER INFO »
I believe that the world was created (as stated in Genesis), but that things evolve over time. I do not believe that man came from a monkey or single celled organism, but I do believe that species must adapt to their environment to survive. The question is, who put that organism or monkey there, and why?

Bare fact is this: The earth and all surrounding celestial bodies are physically existing somethings. You must have something to create another. Something cannot be created from nothing. How could the world (which is a physical something) be created from nothing?

H-D

Today I'm gonna try a little harder
Gonna make every minute last longer
Gonna learn to forgive and forget
'Cause we don't have long
Gonna make the most of it

Today I'm gonna love my enemies
Reach out to somebody who needs me
Make a change, make the world a better place
'Cause tomorrow could be one day too late

--lyrics from "One Day Too Late" by Skillet
from their new album "Awake"
Old 03-01-2004, 08:29 PM   #12
RMadd
USER INFO »
I believe in creationism and that the big bang theory is hogwash (as Colin stated, how can something come from nothing?). I also agree that human beings can adapt to their environments and, in a related idea, according to social Darwinism (which was not developed by Chuck D. himself), the strongest of a species survive.

Old 03-01-2004, 11:33 PM   #13
Xterminator27
USER INFO »
i belive 100% in evolution theory.

we are what we are, if our planet blew up, and we all died. It wouldnt make a slightest difference in the universe, how could such a small and pointless race like ours have at all any importance in the entire "10 billion times bigger than you can imagine" universe.

I say we will kill ourselves before we actually do anything with our "gift of knowlege"

and as for the big bang, the universe HAD to start from somewhere, and they have good proof that supports the bigband theory (because galixys trillions of years ago were much less structured and were more closer than they are now)

the universe or even out own galixy for that fact, is REALLY REALLY REALLY Big, theres a GOOD change that throughout the billions of planets in the milky way, were not the only ones who can do math

Then shut the hell up and eat your damn lemons!

BUY MY MERCHANDISE
http://www.cafepress.com/xterminator27
Old 03-02-2004, 01:24 PM   #14
bgivens33
USER INFO »
But how do you explain(not directed at xterminator) the dating methods of the earth. The earth is dated at 4.5 billion years old... and what about carbon dating??
Old 03-02-2004, 01:54 PM   #15
Higher_Desire
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Xterminator27) we are what we are, if our planet blew up, and we all died. It wouldnt make a slightest difference in the universe, how could such a small and pointless race like ours have at all any importance in the entire "10 billion times bigger than you can imagine" universe.
We are the largest and most dominant race in OUR solar system. Therefore, we are important. It is my personal belief that we are definetly not alone in the universe, and there are more creatures who are dominant in their worlds. Jesus Christ taught that he had "other sheep that are not of this fold." What exactly did he mean by that? Who's to say he hasn't lived in other worlds that we don't know about? He also taught that "You are numbered even as the sand on the seashore is numberd. By the power of my word all things are created, for they are mine, and I love them all."

Now, I'm not trying to disprove of your evolution theory, but just trying to say that we are not alone as the only living creatures but are indeed here for a point, and are not pointless.

H-D + =

Today I'm gonna try a little harder
Gonna make every minute last longer
Gonna learn to forgive and forget
'Cause we don't have long
Gonna make the most of it

Today I'm gonna love my enemies
Reach out to somebody who needs me
Make a change, make the world a better place
'Cause tomorrow could be one day too late

--lyrics from "One Day Too Late" by Skillet
from their new album "Awake"