++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Music Matters
Today's Posts «

Old 03-14-2004, 02:30 AM   #16
hide
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
LOL i'm totally shocked you paying all your attention to Jerry and all! Lanegan is a bit part player in quite a few groups not just Queens but also Mad Season as i'm sure you are well aware! I hope the group dynamic isn't gone as they did have 3 vocalists there at one stage.
Old 03-14-2004, 02:32 AM   #17
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
, hehehe...Yeah, Lanegan's got solo stuff that's pretty good, too. Listening to it reminds me of just sitting in a bar taking a guy and his guitar. Good stuff. Storytelling stuff. I hope this doesn't spell the end for QOTSA, that's for sure.
Old 03-14-2004, 02:40 AM   #18
hide
USER INFO »
Queens will go on regardless in the meantime Homme's other project "Eagles of Death Metal" is on the road. That Queens, Desert Sessions etc; that man is a workaholic. If Alice find a new singer are there any names been thrown around? If Chris Robinson doesn't work with the DeLeos perhaps he could be considered? How bout Scott Stapp? hehe
Old 03-14-2004, 02:47 AM   #19
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
LMAO....Heh, I don't think stappy would fit in...You're right about Homme, he never stops. I haven't heard any names bandied about re: Alice getting back together. Hmmm, not sure I would like Chris Robinson with Alice. I think they would need a stronger vocalist. Robinson's good, but he's not in Layne's league, though there aren't many who are, LOL...It may just be the three of them, dunno.
Old 03-14-2004, 02:52 AM   #20
hide
USER INFO »
don't be offended but I think Layne was more of a vocalist who touched your soul then won you over with technical superiorty! He wasen't Chris Cornell but espescially in an acoustic environment he could really grab you. I hear Axl Rose isn't doing much! hehe
Old 03-14-2004, 02:56 AM   #21
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
LOL @ Axl Rose...Not offended at all. We all have our own opinions . Layne still could wail like nobody's business, though, and his soulful approach on Mad Season was just amazing, IMHO...No, he wasn't Cornell...that man is a freak of nature .
Old 04-04-2004, 03:15 PM   #22
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Some more Jerry news, courtesy of the Jerry Depot

JERRY CANTRELL Performs At Fashion Show In L.A.: Photos Available - Apr. 3, 2004

CARDBOARD VAMPIRES, the new "jam" band featuring former ALICE IN CHAINS guitarist Jerry Cantrell and vocalist John Corabi (ex-MÖTLEY CRÜE, BRIDES OF DESTRUCTION, THE SCREAM), performed at the Rock & Republic Fashion Concert at the Avalon in Hollywood, California on Thursday (April 1). Check out pictures from Wire Image and LFI.

In other Cantrell-related news, Jerry will reportedly be performing Saturday night (April 3) as part of Paul Rodgers' (FREE, BAD COMPANY) backing band at the Brandon BBQFest in Brandon, Florida. Also included in the group's lineup is guitarist Howard Lees of HEART.

"It's basically a Seattle band," Rodgers told the Sarasota Herald-Tribune. "What I always try to put together is a band that can really rock, and that's what I love about these guys. They've just got so much energy and enthusiasm."

One great thing about Rodgers' current band, he said, is that they've inspired him to refresh, and even reinvent, some of his older material.

Even "All Right Now", the semi-novelty song that became a No. 4 hit for FREE in 1970, doesn't feel dated to the singer.

"FREE was a blues band, and 'All Right Now' was based on that blues influence," he told the Sarasota Herald-Tribune. "That feeling comes out again in the way we're playing it on stage with this band. I keep finding new interpretations of the old songs."

They are doing some charity stuff as well, a performance in a week or so, I believe, in California.
Old 04-04-2004, 08:37 PM   #23
aussiecreeder
USER INFO »
thanks for the info what do you think about him with a member of Motley Crue? any news on him hooking up with his former AIC bandmates?
Old 04-04-2004, 08:41 PM   #24
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
You're welcome.

Hehehe, I'm not sure about it, but I think it's just a temporary thing to raise money for charities and such. I love the name of the band, though . He's really been doing a lot for charities for musicians since the fall...He's just out having a good time, so as long as it's not permanent, hehehe....I'm waiting on his solo stuff, but it really is good to see him out and about having fun again. He's had a rough couple of years.

Still no word on the AIC thing, just what has been said before, that they jammed a little.
Old 04-04-2004, 09:03 PM   #25
aussiecreeder
USER INFO »
yeah his solo album should be sweet, who would you like to see front the band?
Old 04-04-2004, 09:08 PM   #26
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
If it's Jerry's solo stuff, I'd want Jerry fronting...for the AIC thing, if it happens, I don't know. I like William Duvall from Comes With The Fall (they opened for Jerry on the last tour and played as his backing band). He did a really good job on Layne's parts for the Alice songs they did. But I don't know if that will happen. William is playing with Michael Tolcher right now and Bevan Davies, the CWTF drummer, is recording and possibly touring with Danzig. Schedule-wise it might not work. I guess it would depend on what the three Alice members come up with music-wise. If it's suited to Jerry vocally, then maybe they could go on with just the three of them.
Old 04-05-2004, 10:25 AM   #27
aussiecreeder
USER INFO »
obvously Jerry will and should front his solo stuff but perhaps they could do their own "search for a singer" i'm sure there are some great singers out there that no-one outside the band has thought of. It would obviously have to this no.1 prioity no Duvall might not work.
Old 04-05-2004, 01:04 PM   #28
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Yeah, Jerry's pretty good about finding talent. Who knows, maybe it will be some total unknown. I know it's not all about the talent with him, either. Whoever it is will have to mesh in other ways, too. Like a family.
Old 04-05-2004, 07:50 PM   #29
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
MORE Jerry news!!...though this pairing is odd, he still will be out there playing and for that I'm STOKED...I wish I could go to this show ...

http://cricket-pavilion.com/home.html
Old 04-11-2004, 11:40 PM   #30
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Found this on the Jerry Depot web site, by way of the Jar Of Flies board:

"I found a cool little review on the 'Jar of Flies' forum.

I went to see Cardboard Vampyres last night [4/10/04], it was fucking awesome!!!!! If they come your way I highly recomend you come. Billy Duffy, John Corobi (from replaceing Vince Neil in Motley) Jerry of course, I don't know who was the bassist or the drummer. They covered Motorhead (Ace of spades) Aerosmith (draw the line) Pink Floyd (dark side of the moon)Jerry sang that and it was sooooooo great. The cult (love removal machine, fire woman and another i can't remember. Then the special guest was Sean Kinney and they did Man in the box, Would and It ain't like that. OMG you guys it was so great. "

Sounds f-ing great! Great to see Sean back behind the kit. Is the reunion finally going to go ahead? Will he be drumming at the Kid Rock shows? Here's hoping..."

I am so stoked that this is going well...And when he opens for Kid Rock, it would be way cool if Mike Inez and Sean are playing with him *crosses fingers, toes, eyes, whatever*...I hope I can catch one of these shows this summer! It's all out West right now, but I have off two weeks in June and I'm going to go wherever (if) he's playing!