++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Faith / Religion
Today's Posts «

Old 09-29-2002, 07:27 PM   #1
allison
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
I'm not sure how I feel about...

How about a thread where we reveal issues on which we do not yet have an opinion, or that we used to have an opinion, but for whatever reason, we decided to re-evaluate how we feel. By the way, this is proof that you have a mind - if you can change it. It also demonstrates that you are not close-minded and rigid. Anyone can say they feel a certain way about any given issue, but it's the people who are constantly trying to enlighten themsleves more and more, and who are constantly seeking others' opinions, taking everything into account, who really deserve the credit. Don't be afraid to be honest and say, "I just don't know."

Altair got me thinking about the legalization of drugs. I know I'd legalize marijuana, but I don't know how I feel about legalizing other drugs, like cocaine, heroin, etc., b/c I feel I don't know enough about it.

No, Marcos, thank YOU!
Old 09-30-2002, 12:24 PM   #2
allison
USER INFO »
Come one, everyone here has a definite opinion on everything??? Well, I better get down to business then, and figure it all out!

No, Marcos, thank YOU!
Old 10-07-2002, 04:16 AM   #3
souldancer
USER INFO »
Allison, where did all of us opinionated people go? I guess we are all sure and firm about everything in life, huh? Good question to post here. Hmmm..

Physician assisted suicide, at first I said yes, then I said no, now I say yes with criteria.

Decisions change as we and our life experiences change, as we learn, are exposed to more. Not much is constant in life. Except God and change.
Old 10-07-2002, 12:49 PM   #4
allison
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by souldancer
Decisions change as we and our life experiences change, as we learn, are exposed to more.  Not much is constant in life.  Except  God and change.

Yes, hopefully. Unfortunately though, I think there are some people whose minds are bolted shut and who do not allow themselves to be open to learning, and other opinions and perspectives. I don't think most people are that way though. There's nothing wrong with not knowing how you feel about something. It's alot better than just choosing an opinion without any thought behind it, just to act like you know it all.

Physician assisted suicide - good one. (Meaning an issue that I, too, have had a hard time with.) I guess I feel like if the person has a terminal disease, is suffering, and is of sound mind to make the decision, they should be able to choose to die sooner, rather than later, after they have suffered (and thus caused the ones that love them to suffer), and used up any resources they may have (and may have wanted to leave for their family or a charity). What do you think?

No, Marcos, thank YOU!
Old 10-07-2002, 01:18 PM   #5
souldancer
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by allison
I guess I feel like if the person has a terminal disease, is suffering, and is of sound mind to make the decision, they should be able to choose to die sooner, rather than later, after they have suffered (and thus caused the ones that love them to suffer), and used up any resources they may have (and may have wanted to leave for their family or a charity).  What do you think?
I think 'sound mind' is an important issue - but, who is to judge that? Americans are so into clinging onto life at all costs and putting their resources into the gods in white coats, they they don't view the beauty of a dignified death. I vote for quality - not quanitity. As for monetary resources to leave behind, I didn't think about that. I believe we each should write down our final intentions now about life support,burial, service. We come into this world without asking, we shoud at least leave in some way that speaks to our wishes and will. When death taps me on the shoulder, I would like to be able to just lay down and die on a cliff above the ocean. Unfortunately, I doubt my life here will end that way. But, who knows? Until that One Last Breath...I will work (and sometimes it feels that way) to fully embrace Life here and now -
Old 10-08-2002, 10:14 PM   #6
Mulletman
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
the reason i would refuse to post or even come to this seciton is because i was afraid i would say something stupid. i am very catious about what i say. i guess i would rather prefer to keep my mouth shut than to risk saying anything i would regret.
Old 10-08-2002, 11:07 PM   #7
souldancer
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by Mulletman
the reason i would refuse to post or even come to this seciton is because i was afraid i would say something stupid. i am very catious about what i say. i guess i would rather prefer to keep my mouth shut than to risk saying anything i would regret.

Well, write it down - it's important to talk about these Big questions....And, no personal comment or opinion is stupid! Hope you feel open and welcome to post - just don;t say anything BAD about a fellow CF member or Creed! (I know you won't)
Old 10-09-2002, 01:04 PM   #8
allison
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by Mulletman

I think admitting your ignorance about something or that you're not sure how you feel about something is brave! And I think people appreciate it. It means you're not afraid to be yourself.

No, Marcos, thank YOU!
Old 10-09-2002, 05:31 PM   #9
souldancer
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by allison
I think admitting your ignorance about something or that you're not sure how you feel about something is brave!  And I think people appreciate it.  It means you're not afraid to be yourself.

Yes, that is a very good point and is true. Perhaps it is just because I recently had to deal with death that I encourage those with fear to face the inevitable. Confronting our fears is also very brave, and while we would like to see this happen in our 'right time' - we are not in charge of that OLB. Mullet is one of our most sensitive, open-hearted guys - and I honor all that!
Old 10-09-2002, 06:50 PM   #10
LadySilk
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to LadySilk Send a message via Yahoo to LadySilk
How about the issue of the death penalty or for me in particular parenting. I have had some issues lately with my own children and a close friend is having an extremely tough time with her 17-yr. old daughter. What do you do when everything you've tried isn't working. Those are the really tough choices when it affects you personally.

T
Old 10-09-2002, 06:57 PM   #11
souldancer
USER INFO »
Whoa - 'capital' punishment - HA, what a term for death penalty. That should get things heated up here. I better walk away and wait to reply on that one. Will be interesting, though, to see if 'pro-life' is consistent. Yes, so true - besides knowledge, education and life exposure, when issues face us personally - emotions permeate thoughts.
Old 10-09-2002, 07:13 PM   #12
allison
USER INFO »
Yes, I find it very peculiar that so many people who are pro-life also support the death penalty. I think having respect for life means resect for ALL life- weather it be that of a fetus, a serial killer, an animal, whatever. I'll go ahead and lay my opinion out here. I am very much against the death penalty. I do not think it is our place, as very fallible, emotional, human beings, to decide if someone must die. I despise what these criminals have done just as much as anyone (maybe even more b/c I'm so sensitive and emotional), but even so, I think that it is not our responsibility to play God. In fact, I think it is our responsibility to have enough self control to NOT play God, as tempting as it may be. Also consider all the people that have been killed under the death penalty who were later found to be innocent. That breaks my heart.

No, Marcos, thank YOU!
Old 10-11-2002, 08:07 AM   #13
LadySilk
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to LadySilk Send a message via Yahoo to LadySilk
Well in general or I guess more precisely in theory I am against the death penalty, however, there are times when I hear about a heinous crime that I can't help but feel that would be the only "punishment" that could even come close to being equal to what they have committed. I do also think about what if someone gets the death penalty and truly they are innocent even if it appears they are guilty. Especially the way our legal system works with evidence being excluded and all the tricks lawyers use how do you know what the jury sees is really all the facts. I guess the bottom line for me is that it is not our place here to judge others, but then you can't just let criminals run free. See so there is definitely an issue that is tough for me.

T
Old 10-11-2002, 08:13 AM   #14
Siana
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via ICQ to Siana Send a message via Skype to Siana
I'm against death penalty.I want the guilty bad guys to suffer... :devil: