++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 06-07-2004, 05:02 PM   #1
Creed_Defaultgirl
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Uhhhh....

At the AB site, may I ask what happened to supporting BOTH sides of Creed. Did we like Creed for what they were, or not???!!! Can we still like Creed for what they were if we ever did in the first place?
"...My beaten heart is in your hands, What I really need is shelter, And a chance to relearn love, Teach me all over, All over to relearn love, Show me again, So I can relearn love, The comfort of your arms around me, Your tender hands caress my head, I lay beside you, I'm not worthy..."
Relearn Love~Scott Stapp
Old 06-07-2004, 05:07 PM   #2
RockGoddess
USER INFO »
I believe, and the mods or Steve can correct me, that the AB site is for those interested in Alter Bridge. If you are interested in Stapp's current project I'm sure there are sites out there that would support your interest.

Hope I was helpful.
Old 06-07-2004, 05:20 PM   #3
Ann Allusion
USER INFO »
In otherwords, AB Girl...the Alter Bridge site wishes to be considered "exclusive" of the name or references to their former bandmate...altho when Creed had a site...other bands/musicians were mentioned on their site..but i guess AB fans would rather not extend that courtesy...

It was very nice of you to offer your calender on that site...but as you see...there will be repercussions...

~Ann~
a.k.a.
M.O.M/Cdm2
Old 06-07-2004, 05:37 PM   #4
Steve
Administrator
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Steve Send a message via MSN to Steve
I'm not sure what makes you think you can't support both sides of Creed on the Alter Bridge Rocks forum? Did I miss a post somewhere? You can praise Stapp all you want over there, just do it in Music Matters forum. The Band forum at ABRocks is for Alter Bridge, not Scott Stapp.

The things that I've loved the things that I've lost
The things I've held sacred that I've dropped
I won't lie no more you can bet
I don't want to learn what I'll need to forget
- Audioslave, "Doesn't Remind Me"
Old 06-07-2004, 07:17 PM   #5
hayley
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via MSN to hayley Send a message via Yahoo to hayley
I'm sure there will be a Stappy forum sooner or later
Cape Reinga, to the fiords in the south.
Harbour lights in the City of Sails
Aroha, the love that never fails
See the bird with the leaf in her mouth
After the flood all the colours came out.'

- Beautiful Day, Auckland, NZ - 24 Nov 2006
Old 06-07-2004, 09:18 PM   #6
creedlvr
USER INFO »
Well then why all the Alter Bridge talk over here? This is Creedfeed ... not Alterbridge.
Old 06-07-2004, 09:36 PM   #7
Steve
Administrator
USER INFO »
Because there was no separate forum for AB before when all the news came out. I opened the forum after all the news started so people have been acoustumed to posting here. Besides, Alter Bridge was officially announced when the Creed breakup was announced so it is partially related to Creed. Stapp, however, has nothing to do with Alter Bridge.

Old 06-07-2004, 09:45 PM   #8
RockGoddess
USER INFO »
Steve, what does it feel like to have to explain yourself as to how you choose to run your own site? Geeeeez.................
Old 06-07-2004, 09:54 PM   #9
creedlvr
USER INFO »
yeah geeeeez .... give me a break!
Old 06-08-2004, 12:41 AM   #10
Steve
Administrator
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by RockGoddess) Steve, what does it feel like to have to explain yourself as to how you choose to run your own site? Geeeeez.................

Get used to it after awhile. People always question things. I guess in a way its like celebrities getting asked all those stupid questions all the time (not saying I'm a celebrity as I don't want to be or that any questions asked here about the site are stupid) I hope that last sentence didn't sound bad, if it did I retract that

Old 06-08-2004, 01:12 AM   #11
hayley
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via MSN to hayley Send a message via Yahoo to hayley
Man people, again I say who cares, if you don't like what is discussed here, then don't post.
Cape Reinga, to the fiords in the south.
Harbour lights in the City of Sails
Aroha, the love that never fails
See the bird with the leaf in her mouth
After the flood all the colours came out.'

- Beautiful Day, Auckland, NZ - 24 Nov 2006
Old 06-08-2004, 01:34 AM   #12
Creed_Defaultgirl
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Creed_Defaultgirl) At the AB site, may I ask what happened to supporting BOTH sides of Creed. Did we like Creed for what they were, or not???!!! Can we still like Creed for what they were if we ever did in the first place?
Sorry guys, I kinda stated that not the way I was meaning it. What I mean by this post is that, at the AlterBridge site, why is everyone bashing Scott it seems in the band forum? And if Scott should be posted in music matters, then why are they bashing him on the band, since he has no relation to AlterBridge? We were all talking on a thread here, and pretty much it's saying that we should support both sides of Creed. I'm wondering what happened to that? Sorry if you misunderstood, I'm not trying to make everyone mad, but it seems I succeeded at it anyway. Plus, remember this one Creed song, y'know that band that was kinda about unity, and had a song called one? And it says

"Affirmative may be justified, Take from one give to another, The goal is to be unified , take my hand be my brother, The payment silenced the masses, Sanctified by oppression, Unity took a back seat, Sliding further into regression, One, The only way is one..."
"...My beaten heart is in your hands, What I really need is shelter, And a chance to relearn love, Teach me all over, All over to relearn love, Show me again, So I can relearn love, The comfort of your arms around me, Your tender hands caress my head, I lay beside you, I'm not worthy..."
Relearn Love~Scott Stapp
Old 06-08-2004, 01:44 AM   #13
Echelon122
USER INFO »
I posted my comments at the AB Rocks Board because of the topic in the thread. And it happened that Chicago was brought up, so as someone who was there, I posted. Sorry if my comments are negative, but as far as that night is concerned, I have VERY LITTLE to say positive about Stapp that night.

I might be a newbie here, but I've been
around a long time.
Old 06-08-2004, 02:03 AM   #14
Creed_Defaultgirl
USER INFO »
That's fine, it just really upsets me, I don't want to think about that anymore than I have to. If he was drunk, (I don't know, I wasn't there) of the circumstances that atleast I know of, he probably was trying to not think about it. Maybe that was all he could do. I don't know, like I said I wasn't there, and if I could see it for myself now, so I could make up my own mind of what I thought of the show, I would, but I can't. It just seems that some people are ALWAYS saying something bad about Scott, and after awhile, it just gets to me, I think that's why I've been so snappy latley, plus having to face the break up is real.
Relearn Love~Scott Stapp
Old 06-08-2004, 02:47 AM   #15
Steve
Administrator
USER INFO »
Creed_Defaultgirl, I don't read every single post made... I don't have that kind of time. If there is any Scott bashing posts out of context with the original topic/discussion feel free to use the Report A Post function. If the original topic of the post is "what do you think about the interview on MTV" then obviously Scott can be talked about because it goes with the topic. Scott declined an interview so that is a legitimate topic. If, however, people just out of no where bash Scott, then it is out of line and will be dealt with. Remember, the Report A Post function is your friend, and mine too!!