++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Faith / Religion
Today's Posts «

Old 09-26-2002, 01:36 PM   #1
Lady Valkyrie
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Lady Valkyrie Send a message via Yahoo to Lady Valkyrie
Abortion

Is Abortion morally wrong?

When is the fertilized egg finally a real baby verses just a blob of tissue?

Should abortion be an option at all in society?

~~~~~I am my kid's mom.~~~~~

~~~My Diary~~~~My Photos~~~
Old 09-26-2002, 02:19 PM   #2
allison
USER INFO »
If I may, I'd like to refrain from answering these particular questions for now but would like to say something else about abortion. There is an abortion risk that people never talk about. It's not infection or infertility, it's how it affects women emotionally. When women go to have abortions, the counselors inform them of all the physical risks, and they tell them that they may feel sad for a short time afterwards, but not to worry, it's just hormones. But they never, ever tell them that they have a very good chance of suffering severe mental and emotional distress for months, years, and even decades afterwards. Some women never heal. I have seen it in several women I know, in fact, ALL the women I know who have had abortions, are stricken with this.

I will probably offend some people here, but I feel too strongly about this not to say it. Organizations like Planned Parenthood SAY they care so much about women, I say bullshit. If they cared so much about women they wouldn't deny this epidemic of guilt, anger, regret, depression and mental grief that so many women are left with after abortions. They would at least be honest with women and let them know the risks- ALL of them.

I am not trying to sound like I don't care about the aborted fetuses, I do. I just wanted to bring the women up b/c no one ever does.

No, Marcos, thank YOU!
Old 09-26-2002, 02:38 PM   #3
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
I'm staying away from this one. Too much of a hot potato for me, and I'm not sure this is the place for my view on this.
I agree with you, Allison, about the different organizations offering abortions. I think they minimize the emotional impact of such a decision. I, too, know women who have suffered severely because of it. I also know women who do not regret their decisions to abort. So, it goes both ways, but I agree, more should be done to make women aware of what this can mean for them emotionally in the long term.
Old 09-26-2002, 07:30 PM   #4
souldancer
USER INFO »
I am right in there with Allison and Dogstar - staying away from this hot topic and acknowledging that we need to value ALL lives.
Old 09-26-2002, 08:50 PM   #5
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
I also prefer to keep my opinions to myself about this issue.

SP: Actually, we are setting that up.

MT: It was in your contract when you signed up with us.

Old 09-26-2002, 09:16 PM   #6
Altair
USER INFO »
Indeed, a tough situation. Instinctively, we all value life and realize that, at the moment of conception, a potential life is at hand. Abortion, IMO, is simply a loss, or something that never came to fruition. Perhaps, the life, the spirit that was oborted simply goes on and manifests itself in another body in this grand illusion.

—The Bhagavad Gita
Old 09-26-2002, 09:48 PM   #7
Lady Valkyrie
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Lady Valkyrie Send a message via Yahoo to Lady Valkyrie
Everyone is indeed entitled to post their opinions or not post their opinions. However, Why do you people think that this subject is too hot? Isn't those little souls worth talking about?

Personally, I feel that abortion is indeed morally wrong. People scream Pro-Choice because it's the woman's body. However there is another life that cannot speak for itself yet. What about that life's choice. They don't get to choose. A woman chooses for them whether they like it or not. What right does anyone have to kill another human being. This concept can go even further into the Capital Punishment issue.

I feel from the moment that the female's egg is fertilized that egg has been made into a lifeform. A lifeform that needs nourishment and to be able to continue living and growing. However, that Life is snuffed out by the roaring suction of a hose, or by the sting of a saline solution.

I don't thing abortion should be an option no more than should setting murderers free without punishment is an option. We place men and women to jail if they kill certain animals that the law states they are not supposed to... yet we give a woman the option of killing her unborn child.

Everything in this world that is really evil is considered good by society... and what is really good is considered evil. *sighs* It's truely scarey.

Old 09-26-2002, 09:56 PM   #8
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Well, it's an issue that arouses such passion on both sides, and such a discussion can get out of hand, with hurtful things being said. For me, there's no real point in debating it if you believe one thing and I believe another. Neither one of us is going to be swayed to the other side. It justs gives you more ammunition to judge others, and I think that is wrong. I'm not trying to offend you or flame you; I just get the impression that you have little tolerance for others' beliefs.
Old 09-26-2002, 10:11 PM   #9
Lady Valkyrie
USER INFO »
on the contrary my dear. LOL You'd be surprised at the type of friends I have had in recent past. My best friend is a Wiccan... I even lived with her for a short period of time with my three kids after I had left my abusive husband. I had a very close friend that is Jewish. I am very tolerant of others beliefs. However, I do not back down in what I believe.

I'm curious as to the purpose of even having this particular forum when you think we can not discuss and debate.

And by the way my Wiccan friend... she had an abortion 20 years ago and she said that if she ever got pregnant again she'd have another one. Yet she is my best friend... I truely love her as a sister.

You don't know me personally... so you are making assumptions based on what exactly? And are your assumption of me justified? No I don't think so... IMHO... as so many on this board is so fond of saying.

Old 09-26-2002, 10:14 PM   #10
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Yes, this is one subject that will only be "argued" until someone posts something really hurtful. I have a lot of friends on this board, and I like many others, and I want to keep it that way. I choose not to post my opinions on this matter.

Old 09-26-2002, 10:23 PM   #11
Lady Valkyrie
USER INFO »
I choose to stand for what I believe in. I was never considered someone who is pilitically correct. If there is someone on this board who has had or is considering an abortion... well... I'd have to stand by my conviction... they wouldn't change just because someone comes on here that has done it or will do it. Too many times I feel some people cave in too easily all in the name of political correctness... because they might "offend" someone. *shrugs* maybe this is the wrong crowd... other boards I have went to they are eager to discuss such issues. I'm starting to see that the 28 or something members that are here now are not big time discussionists or debator... they feel debate=fight... but that's not always so.

Old 09-26-2002, 10:25 PM   #12
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
No, Lady V, I don't know you personally; I can only go by what you post here. I'm happy that you are confident in your beliefs and have no problem expressing them. I am equally confident in mine and have no intention of backing down from them, either. I guess something is lost in the written word sometimes and maybe I'm getting the wrong impression of you, but I detect a tone I'd rather stay away from, that's all. It's nothing against you personally, believe me. We are simply not on the same page.
Old 09-26-2002, 10:28 PM   #13
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by Lady Valkyrie
I'm starting to see that the 28 or something members that are here now are not big time discussionists or debator... they feel debate=fight... but that's not always so.

There are plenty of debates that go on here without people getting pushy. It's pointless to discuss/debate with someone who won't acknowledge the validity of others' beliefs or opinions.
Old 09-26-2002, 10:35 PM   #14
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
<b>If there is someone on this board who has had or is considering an abortion... well... I'd have to stand by my conviction... they wouldn't change just because someone comes on here that has done it or will do it. Too many times I feel some people cave in too easily all in the name of political correctness... because they might "offend" someone. *shrugs* maybe this is the wrong crowd... </b> No this is not the wrong crowd, it is a crowd who knows that there is no one right answer to this question that will make everyone happy. The only way to post to this thread, IMO, is to say let's agree to disagree. No one will "back down" on this issue to be PC. Give us a little more credit. We're not debating the issue of who is better, OLP or U2, we're talking about an issue that is a little more serious and some of us would rather not get into a debate where everyone thinks "I'm right" "You're wrong". If that's the case, this thread will be the end of this bb.

Old 09-27-2002, 12:13 AM   #15
luvscott4ever
USER INFO »
Here, Here Teri!!!!

I'll give you everything I am, And still fall short of what you've done for me..Creed (what I would say to Creed, if given a chance)

Is she not right? Is she insane?..(They must be singing about me!! lol) Disturbed