++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Chat-O-Rama
Today's Posts «

Old 04-11-2005, 10:26 PM   #1
aussiecreeder
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
quote from eddie vedder on u.s election

a very contenious quote to say the least. i love PJ but this shows a lot of arrogance in my view. while i wouldn't have voted for bush to say the nation was "wrong" in their choice is very arrogant.

Vedder: I was particularly energized by the solidarity. It wouldn't have been the same without all you guys up there, and to be able to hold your hand and stand together, it was like, "Fuck it. I'll take the bullet. This is important." So Sleater-Kinney will be on tour before Pearl Jam is, and you'll be facing a country that failed to do its civic duty to educate itself and vote properly in this last election.
Didn’t have a life.
Didn’t have a life.
But surely saved one.
Alright, now it’s time for us to let you go.

Tool
Wings for Marie
Old 04-11-2005, 10:32 PM   #2
creedsister
USER INFO »
i will drink to that one
Hush child I,ll tell you why you have Loved Me when you were weak you have given me unselfishly Kept you From Falling Falling everywhere But Your Kness you set me free to live my life you become my Reason To Survive The Great Divide you Set Me Free Ooh Our Love Is Beautiful Ooh isn,t This Beautiful Child It Seems You Have Been My Everything
Old 04-12-2005, 01:42 AM   #3
RMadd
USER INFO »
man, you shoulda posted this in the "useless thoughts" thread or something.
eddie vedder is really full of shit. he's so full of himself, as are most other celebrities. they think that the buck stops at (with) them and that all of us commoners want to be just like them and should, therefore, possess the same extreme opinions as them. unfortunately for them, last time i checked, the US Protectorate of La-La Land doesn't have any votes in the elctoral college.
another thing these celebrities don't realize that it's possible that their extremely horrid villification of our president possibly drove a greater number of us nutjob, southern, gun-toting, homophobic, incestuous, Bible-waving nuts to the polls in support of the more neo-conservative candidate of the two. America's decision is America's decision. these are the rules for electing a chief executive that we've lived by for 200 years, so if you don't like our rules, get out. i, for one, would be more than happy to disenfranchise Hollywood lol.

Old 04-12-2005, 04:20 AM   #4
aussiecreeder
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by RMadd) man, you shoulda posted this in the "useless thoughts" thread or something.
eddie vedder is really full of shit. he's so full of himself, as are most other celebrities. they think that the buck stops at (with) them and that all of us commoners want to be just like them and should, therefore, possess the same extreme opinions as them. unfortunately for them, last time i checked, the US Protectorate of La-La Land doesn't have any votes in the elctoral college.
another thing these celebrities don't realize that it's possible that their extremely horrid villification of our president possibly drove a greater number of us nutjob, southern, gun-toting, homophobic, incestuous, Bible-waving nuts to the polls in support of the more neo-conservative candidate of the two. America's decision is America's decision. these are the rules for electing a chief executive that we've lived by for 200 years, so if you don't like our rules, get out. i, for one, would be more than happy to disenfranchise Hollywood lol.

lol true.....so its eddie vedder's fault so many red-necks came out and voted! when i have read and heard what he has said he normally sounds very educated on the issues no matter if i agree with him or not. this time he just sounds very arrogant. he should have stuck with supporting ralph nader.......
Didn’t have a life.
Didn’t have a life.
But surely saved one.

Tool
Wings for Marie
Old 04-12-2005, 09:09 AM   #5
titan9
USER INFO »
I'm not surprised. Like RMadd already said, celebrities are so full of themselves, they think they can tell the regulars, the average joes, who to vote for. It's insulting that Vedder insulted those who voted for Bush. I'm not old enough to vote, but if I was, I would have cast my vote for Bush. I'm not ashamed to say that. Everyone who voted for Bush had a reason. Some did it on the basis of morals and religion; some did it on the basis of how he's lead(and I'm not saying he's a great leader, or anything. I was against the Iraq war from day 1). Not everyone who voted for Bush is a homophobic red-neck who only has a 8th grade education and is therefore deemed "stupid" by the public. The College educated, the really smart people of this country, voted for Bush. Vedder's comment, I'm sure, is a bit upsetting to those who gave their vote to Bush. I'd also imagine that it might alienate those Pearl Jam fans who voted for Bush. Bottom line is, Vedder(and all the other celebrities) need to shut their mouths and stay out of this country's elections. It's just a bad idea for them and causes them to lose some fans.

Check out my friend's Music blog by here!
Old 04-12-2005, 03:13 PM   #6
RMadd
USER INFO »
i remember hearing of a billboard that popped up in or near Hollywood afew months ago thanking the liberals that openly pushed for John Kerry and derided Bush... had pics of Michael Moore, Whoopi (I think), and some others.... i'll try & find links w/ pics.

Old 04-12-2005, 03:18 PM   #7
RMadd
USER INFO »
http://www.humaneventsonline.com/article.php?id=6451

http://la.indymedia.org/news/2005/02/122927.php - evidently there are some people who think Bush is the next Hitler (in last pic)

http://sayanythingblog.com/2005/02/1...rd-vandalized/ - prolly the best pic i could find right quick of the vandalism, but the fucking google ad bar got in the way the first time i loaded it....

Old 04-12-2005, 03:47 PM   #8
JulieCitySlicker
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by titan9) I'm not surprised. Like RMadd already said, celebrities are so full of themselves, they think they can tell the regulars, the average joes, who to vote for. It's insulting that Vedder insulted those who voted for Bush. I'm not old enough to vote, but if I was, I would have cast my vote for Bush. I'm not ashamed to say that. Everyone who voted for Bush had a reason. Some did it on the basis of morals and religion; some did it on the basis of how he's lead(and I'm not saying he's a great leader, or anything. I was against the Iraq war from day 1). Not everyone who voted for Bush is a homophobic red-neck who only has a 8th grade education and is therefore deemed "stupid" by the public. The College educated, the really smart people of this country, voted for Bush. Vedder's comment, I'm sure, is a bit upsetting to those who gave their vote to Bush. I'd also imagine that it might alienate those Pearl Jam fans who voted for Bush. Bottom line is, Vedder(and all the other celebrities) need to shut their mouths and stay out of this country's elections. It's just a bad idea for them and causes them to lose some fans.
Yep,aint that the truth!
alone
All I know
I still got mountains to climb
on my own

Enough To Let Me Go-Switchfoot
Old 04-12-2005, 08:02 PM   #9
NeedforCreed
USER INFO »
Agree

Quote: (Originally Posted by RMadd) man, you shoulda posted this in the "useless thoughts" thread or something.

You got my vote, RMadd. I'm a huge PJ fan, but these guys like Vedder, Michael Moore, Sean Penn, Susan Saranwrap. They think their opinion is so important. What happened to the ones in Hollywood that supported their country like Jimmy Stewart, Audy Murphy. Being a star doesn't make one smart and apparently doesn't make one patriotic.
Now and then I consider, my hesitation
The more the light shines through me
I pretend to close my eyes
The more the dark consumes me
I pretend I'm burning, burning bright

shinedown.com
Old 04-12-2005, 08:55 PM   #10
aussiecreeder
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by NeedforCreed) You got my vote, RMadd. I'm a huge PJ fan, but these guys like Vedder, Michael Moore, Sean Penn, Susan Saranwrap. They think their opinion is so important. What happened to the ones in Hollywood that supported their country like Jimmy Stewart, Audy Murphy. Being a star doesn't make one smart and apparently doesn't make one patriotic.

The only thing I'ld say here is that there is nothing patriotic following the government just cause they're the government. I think if you find fault then point it out. However thinking that you know better than "the uneducated masses" is very arrogant and only likely to push people towards the other side. Should have stayed away from flip-flop Kerry and stayed with his support of Ralph Nader.
Didn’t have a life.
Didn’t have a life.
But surely saved one.

Tool
Wings for Marie
Old 04-13-2005, 12:17 AM   #11
Mulletman
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
If I am going to take political advise from a high school drop out, I'd rather get it from the mother of four working three jobs to support her family... not an untalented, overrated, overpaid, underqualified entertainer who no matter what he does wrong will still make millions of dollars.
Old 04-13-2005, 12:35 AM   #12
aussiecreeder
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Mulletman) If I am going to take political advise from a high school drop out, I'd rather get it from the mother of four working three jobs to support her family... not an untalented, overrated, overpaid, underqualified entertainer who no matter what he does wrong will still make millions of dollars.

untalented? get outta here........
Didn’t have a life.
Didn’t have a life.
But surely saved one.

Tool
Wings for Marie
Old 04-13-2005, 12:43 AM   #13
RMadd
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by aussiecreeder) untalented? get outta here........
i gotta admit, Eddie Vedder doesn't impress me that much either.... nothing but a Scott Stapp rip-off lol. but, seriously, their last few albums haven't been particularly noteworthy.

Old 04-13-2005, 08:51 AM   #14
NeedforCreed
USER INFO »
Yep

Quote: (Originally Posted by RMadd) i gotta admit, Eddie Vedder doesn't impress me that much either.... nothing but a Scott Stapp rip-off lol. but, seriously, their last few albums haven't been particularly noteworthy.

Correct! I like their early stuff better.
Now and then I consider, my hesitation
The more the light shines through me
I pretend to close my eyes
The more the dark consumes me
I pretend I'm burning, burning bright

shinedown.com
Old 04-13-2005, 10:21 AM   #15
aussiecreeder
USER INFO »
the last two have not been that great but everything up until and including yeild was very good! matt cameron's drumming was much better in soundgarden.
Didn’t have a life.
Didn’t have a life.
But surely saved one.

Tool
Wings for Marie