++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Faith / Religion
Today's Posts «

Old 10-07-2002, 01:20 PM   #91
allison
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: Originally posted by LadySilk
Unfortunately a fetus is not a viable SEPARATE sentient entity.  

And neither is a newborn baby without someone to feed it, etc., so that's not a fitting arguement for why it's ok to kill it. And it is sentient. Science has proven that the nerve centers are developed enough within the 1st trimester to respond to stimuli, and thus, feel.

I'm not making any kind of judgement here as to the morality of abortion (I did that in a previous post). I am just gently pointing out where your argument has logistical flaws, in my opinion.

No, Marcos, thank YOU!
Old 10-07-2002, 01:48 PM   #92
souldancer
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by LadySilk
Life is not cut and dry, black and white.  Things are never that simple.  We all do the best we can with what we've got to work with.  Christianity should be about love, understanding, forgiveness, acceptance and not about judging and condemning others.
I sing to that!
Old 10-08-2002, 08:49 AM   #93
LadySilk
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to LadySilk Send a message via Yahoo to LadySilk
While we may not share the same opinions, I think that is okay. Everyone is entitled to believe what they will. I do want to say that I am very sorry for the two ladies who received hateful messages and say I abhor that behavior. Adults should be able to debate issues and agree to disagree without that kind of hatemongering. It is really a shame.

T
Old 10-08-2002, 09:12 PM   #94
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
I need to chime in here and get something off my chest that's been eating away at me for a few days. This is in regards to the anonymous PM's that were sent to Allison and Lady V. If the coward who sent them those nasty things is a regular on this bulletin board, you should be ashamed. We all have our differences of opinion, but to take your opinions as far as to start calling people disgusting names and not have the balls to own up to is is despicable. I sincerely hope it was someone who logged on for the first time and read the threads and hasn't been back after the PM's. If it's someone regular on the bb, I will be really saddened. Sorry Allison and Lady V. You should not have had to deal with that crap.

SP: Actually, we are setting that up.

MT: It was in your contract when you signed up with us.

Old 10-08-2002, 09:15 PM   #95
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Well said. I sure as heck hope it's not a regular. That would really be sad.
Old 10-09-2002, 01:11 PM   #96
allison
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by TeriB19
I need to chime in here and get something off my chest that's been eating away at me for a few days. This is in regards to the anonymous PM's that were sent to Allison and Lady V. If the coward who sent them those nasty things is a regular on this bulletin board, you should be ashamed. We all have our differences of opinion, but to take your opinions as far as to start calling people disgusting names and not have the balls to own up to is is despicable. I sincerely hope it was someone who logged on for the first time and read the threads and hasn't been back after the PM's. If it's someone regular on the bb, I will be really saddened. Sorry Allison and Lady V. You should not have had to deal with that crap.

Thanks, Teri. I think Lady V got it alot worse than I did-I only got one short PM, so I feel worse for her. The crime is being investigated, though, so we may find out who it was, if it was a regular (although I am doubting it). I've got broad shoulders though and have no ill feelings towards my favorite place online.

No, Marcos, thank YOU!
Old 10-09-2002, 09:24 PM   #97
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
You are a trooper allison!

SP: Actually, we are setting that up.

MT: It was in your contract when you signed up with us.