++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Faith / Religion
Today's Posts «

Old 10-01-2002, 06:38 PM   #76
luvscott4ever
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: Originally posted by TeriB19
All Hail Creed...from a different forum. I'm finished here. C'mon guys, I'm buying.

And I'll buy the next round!!!

I'll give you everything I am, And still fall short of what you've done for me..Creed (what I would say to Creed, if given a chance)

Is she not right? Is she insane?..(They must be singing about me!! lol) Disturbed
Old 10-01-2002, 06:42 PM   #77
luvscott4ever
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by Dogstar
I'm there, TeriB. Gotta stay outta here...Gets me into trouble.

I'm right behind you!!! Not in too much trouble yet ( I don't think) But I will be...My blood starts to boil and I get a little pissy with the "Holier than thou" people!!! See on the FUN side!!!

I'll give you everything I am, And still fall short of what you've done for me..Creed (what I would say to Creed, if given a chance)

Is she not right? Is she insane?..(They must be singing about me!! lol) Disturbed
Old 10-01-2002, 08:14 PM   #78
Lady Valkyrie
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Lady Valkyrie Send a message via Yahoo to Lady Valkyrie
Now who's being judgemental? LMBO!! Are you making a judgement upon me as to whether or not I am "Holier Than Thou"? LMBO!! You are so funny!!!Thanks for the laugh... I needed that!

~~~~~I am my kid's mom.~~~~~

~~~My Diary~~~~My Photos~~~
Old 10-02-2002, 09:57 AM   #79
Siana
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via ICQ to Siana Send a message via Skype to Siana
Quote: Originally posted by Dogstar
Amen to that...Hail Creed!

:P
Old 10-03-2002, 08:18 AM   #80
LadySilk
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to LadySilk Send a message via Yahoo to LadySilk
First off I have to say that I didn't read all the replies to this yet.

Abortion should not be illegal-period!

I don't think abortion is "right", but I do believe that in life we all have to make hard choices. No one having an abortion would consider that the easy way out, but I'd rather have a safe, healthy option available than people getting killed or maimed by hack back-alley surgeons. I personally could never do it, but what gives me the right to judge others.

A fetus is not a human being and not viable as a life on its own, therefore the issue should be about what is best for those already alive and having a life to live. No one should be forced into a situation they cannot deal with. How many abused children might not have had to live through that hell? What about health issues for the mother?

As for adoption, when there are so many children out there right now without homes or love because everyone wants a "baby" of the same race why should we add to this dilemna. What is truly cruel? What about babies born addicted to crack or heroin or alcohol? What about rape or incest? There are so many children born that really never a decent chance and are headed straight for jail or worse from the moment conceived.

Until you have walked a mile in their shoes-don't presume to tell others what is right and wrong.
Old 10-03-2002, 12:11 PM   #81
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Very well said. I agree wholeheartedly. I have been lucky enough to never have to make that decision myself, but I don't judge those that have because I am not in their situation.

SP: Actually, we are setting that up.

MT: It was in your contract when you signed up with us.

Old 10-03-2002, 12:19 PM   #82
Lady Valkyrie
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Lady Valkyrie Send a message via Yahoo to Lady Valkyrie
A fetus is not a human??!! WHAT IS IT THEN A FREAKIN FROG??!! I am so very tempted to post some pictures of 2 and 3 week old fetuses to show you that that fetus is indeed a human... a weak human... a human that needs it's mother to survive... but a human none the less!

Old 10-03-2002, 01:22 PM   #83
Lady Valkyrie
USER INFO »
*in the most scientific nerdy voice possible*

For fertilization to be accomplished, a mature human male sperm and a mature human female egg are needed. Before fertilization, each has only 23 chromosomes. They each possess "human life," since they are parts of a living human being; but they are not each whole living human beings themselves. They each have only 23 chromosomes, not 46 chromosomes—the number of chromosomes necessary and characteristic for a single individual member of the human species. Furthermore, a sperm can produce only "sperm" proteins and enzymes; an egg can produce only "egg" proteins and enzymes; neither alone is or can produce a human being with 46 chromosomes.

The fusion of the sperm (with 23 chromosomes) and the egg (with 23 chromosomes) at fertilization results in a live human being, a single-cell human zygote, with 46 chromosomes—the number of chromosomes characteristic of an individual member of the human species. Zygote: A zygote is the beginning of a new human being (i.e., an embryo).

This new single-cell human being immediately produces specifically human proteins and enzymes (not carrot or frog enzymes and proteins), and genetically directs his/her own growth and development. (In fact, this genetic growth and development has been proven not to be directed by the mother.) Finally, this new human being—the single-cell human embryo—is biologically an individual, a living organism—an individual member of the human species.

The human embryonic organism formed at fertilization is a whole human being, and therefore it is not just a "blob" or a "bunch of cells." This new human individual also has a mixture of both the mother’s and the father’s chromosomes, and therefore it is not just a "piece of the mother’s tissues".

Some people may say that the embyro is only a "potential human". Scientifically there is absolutely no question whatsoever that the immediate product of fertilization is a newly existing human being. A human embryo is a human being. It is not a "potential" or a "possible" human being. It’s an actual human being—with the potential to grow bigger and develop its capacities.

Some may say that the embryo is neither a boy nor a girl at conception. The immediate product of fertilization is genetically already a girl or a boy—determined by the kind of sperm that fertilizes the egg at the time of fertilization.

That concludes todays lesson in sex/health education today.

Old 10-07-2002, 04:00 AM   #84
souldancer
USER INFO »
Lady V, your views I find so black and white. Have you ever considered the color 'gray'? And, tell us then, when does Life begin? When does Life end? Death begin?
Old 10-07-2002, 07:58 AM   #85
LadySilk
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to LadySilk Send a message via Yahoo to LadySilk
I'm sorry but that sounds like the organized religion party line and propaganda much as those pictures of fetuses. Unfortunately a fetus is not a viable SEPARATE sentient entity. It is alive in the same sense that a kidney or liver or even the flu virus is alive. It is a part of a woman until it is in the third trimester and able to be born as an individual. It is only legal to have abortions in the first trimester except in cases of health of the mother, which should take precedence. Developmentally, the fetus is not even recognizable as a human in many cases at the point it happens. Like I said though, I could never do it myself. I've known others who have went through a great deal of emotional pain because of it and I would never recommend it unless it were the best thing for all involved. However, I would never condemn someone for doing what they thought was best.

Life is not cut and dry, black and white. Things are never that simple. We all do the best we can with what we've got to work with. Christianity should be about love, understanding, forgiveness, acceptance and not about judging and condemning others.
Old 10-07-2002, 08:19 AM   #86
Siana
USER INFO »
oh....you guys,I have top admit,have some interesting thoughts........ I mean i respect every single opinion here..
Old 10-07-2002, 10:14 AM   #87
Lady Valkyrie
USER INFO »
Ok people I want to say that this debate has indeed... as some predicted... turned very ugly. Someone... I don't know who because they were deleted... sent me a PM and said some very nasty horrible things to me. The said in regards to abortion... How else would I feed my family... didn't Jesus dine on fetus at the last supper? And then someone... maybe this same person, went to my guestbook in my diary and put 2 pages worth of private messages calling me fat, ugly and a really nasty degrading word which I won't mention here. I just want to let this person know, if the person of the PM and my guestbook are one in the same, if they are reading this... that I have your IP # I will be reporting you... that's the advantage of owing a guestbook... you can know people's IP's even though they remain nameless. Whoever you are... I will be praying for you. From this moment on if you absolutely disagree with me that is fine... but don't make it a personal thing. I will not be participating in this thread any longer. My opinion stands strong on this subject.

Old 10-07-2002, 10:17 AM   #88
Siana
USER INFO »
that's good
Old 10-07-2002, 01:05 PM   #89
allison
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by Lady Valkyrie
Ok people I want to say that this debate has indeed... as some predicted... turned very ugly. Someone... I don't know who because they were deleted... sent me a PM and said some very nasty horrible things to me. The said in regards to abortion... How else would I feed my family... didn't Jesus dine on fetus at the last supper? And then someone... maybe this same person, went to my guestbook in my diary and put 2 pages worth of private messages calling me fat, ugly and a really nasty degrading word which I won't mention here. I just want to let this person know, if the person of the PM and my guestbook are one in the same, if they are reading this... that I have your IP # I will be reporting you... that's the advantage of owing a guestbook... you can know people's IP's even though they remain nameless. Whoever you are... I will be praying for you. From this moment on if you absolutely disagree with me that is fine... but don't make it a personal thing. I will not be participating in this thread any longer. My opinion stands strong on this subject.

Lady V, I got a nasty pm too, probably from the same person as you. The subject said "Re: Cussing", and it was a deleted user. They called me a cunt, and I forget what else they said. They sent it a few minutes after midnight (ET) on Sun. Shoot, I wish I had a guestbook so I could figure out who it was and nail them. I doubt it was any of the regular posters though.

No, Marcos, thank YOU!
Old 10-07-2002, 01:10 PM   #90
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Geez, you guys, that is just awful! What a hideous thing for someone to do.