++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 02-11-2004, 01:07 AM   #16
manbeast
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
I've always been a big stapp fan, but he does seem alot different now, seems like he wants to hang with all the celebs and be a part of that whole scene.With the acting and showing up at all these movie premiere's and award shows. He's trying to be like Jon Bon Jovi with the whole acting gig.
Old 02-11-2004, 01:12 AM   #17
hide
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by manbeast) I've always been a big stapp fan, but he does seem alot different now, seems like he wants to hang with all the celebs and be a part of that whole scene.With the acting and showing up at all these movie premiere's and award shows. He's trying to be like Jon Bon Jovi with the whole acting gig.

Stapp seems to enjoy the fame or at least the positive aspects of it and as long as it doesn't curtial his creative outputs then its all good. He can do all the acting he wants as long as he does a good job. If he didn't believe he could make a success of it, he wouldn't consider doing it. Didn't I hear he had a movie or two that were coming out this year? If so he has been a busy boy.
Old 02-11-2004, 01:10 PM   #18
farmgirl
USER INFO »
Currently:
Quote: (Originally Posted by douglas623) its not that we come here to bash, we're just old Creed fans like you. However, we choose to look at the problem, instead of ignoring it. I saw Stapp on celebrity poker, and he was obnoxious, and was drinking (later in the show). At the grammy's he was obnoxious again. in my opinion, from what I saw with my own eyes, Stapp has let the fame go to him. He's a little to self-loving in my eyes. Just watch him in public sometime.

Anyway, I do look forward to the solo projects, just to see something new. I do believe, however, that the problem with Creed, was Stapp.

I saw him on Celebrity Poker and at the Grammy's and I don't know what you mean that he was obnoxious. The Poker thing, all of them said little statements in the beginning and they were meant to be funny, not taken seriously. At the Grammy's, he spoke with Joan Rivers for a couple minutes, was very pleasant, and I didn't see what you saw I guess.

I think people judge him way too much. Let the guy live his life.

Have a nice day everyone.
Old 02-11-2004, 01:31 PM   #19
multifast1
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by farmgirl) I saw him on Celebrity Poker and at the Grammy's and I don't know what you mean that he was obnoxious. The Poker thing, all of them said little statements in the beginning and they were meant to be funny, not taken seriously. .....

Remember everyone takes certain things differently. Just because you didn't see him as being obnoxious doesn't mean the majority of viewers didn't also. I know myself, I thought he came off looking very silly and I felt embarrased for him. Maybe I am "too judgemental" (whatever that means), but I know I'm not alone in that opinion. My wife, who is just a very casual fan of Creed thought the same thing even before I said anything. In fact, you might consider the idea that someone who is enamored with Stapp would have more of a biased view (or at least equally biased) of how he acted compared to a non-Stapp fan or a casual watcher of the show.

But that's the whole point isn't it... It's hard to "prove" why you like or dislike someone or think they're a "jerk". What is offensive or bad behaviour to one person is no big deal to another.. For me there's not any one thing that has formed my opinion of him or any of the other band members... it's a culmination of several little things that have added up to my impression of him. Not trying to piss anyone off, just trying to explain the other side so to speak.
Old 02-11-2004, 02:53 PM   #20
farmgirl
USER INFO »
Currently:
Well, I don't consider myself "enamoured" with him. I just think people judge him way too much and dissect every little aspect of his appearance and personality when in reality, they don't know what he's really like.

A majority of the people I know, stated they thought the Celebrity poker appearance was entertaining and it looked like he was having a good time is all. It's television, they are probably instructed to act a certain way or say certain things to make it interesting. Just my opinion here but I know it's shared by many who I've spoken with and they thought he did great and maybe people shouldn't be so quick to judge.

The reasons Creed have seperated have been speculated by many and it's tiring to hear that some blame Scott for it without even knowing him. It probably was a variety of things that contributed to it and it's not fair to blame one.
Old 02-11-2004, 03:11 PM   #21
multifast1
USER INFO »
Well we're definitely agreed that it wasn't ALL Stapp's fault for the break-up.. although I probably think he had more to do with it than you. It does take two to tango and you're right that unless we were there we'll never know.

My point here is I don't think it's fair to say people are too quick to judge just because they think Scott came off as obnoxious on a show.. or because he looked fat at an awards show. or etc... Define "too judgemental"... and at what point to you think it's ok to judge someone? If I saw a person in a ski mask coming at me down a dark alley, would I be judging him too quickly thinking he was about to rob me?? Most would say natural instincts take over there.. and that's what happened to me when I saw Scott on Celeb Poker for example. To me, he acted consistently with someone who is an obnoxious jerk.. from all my past experiences with obnoxious jerks.. *go ahead and insert punch line here* LOL.

Look, I don't wanna go point by point on why I think he's a less than admorable person because it's just an impression that's formed from things I've seen and put together from my experiences. For example, If you've never known an alcoholic first hand.. you may not notice the signs in someone's actions who is. Not saying Stapp is an alcohol at all.. just using that as an example of how your own experiences effect how you judge people and what conclusions you come to.

Sorry for being long winding and dragging out a thread that most want to go away, but it's just too easy for some to state "People judge too quickly therefore this guy shouldn't be critisized so shut-up", blah, blah, blah..

*stepping off my soap box now*
Old 02-11-2004, 03:26 PM   #22
Jooji_2
Banned
USER INFO »
Hey Douglas.....

Quote: (Originally Posted by douglas623) its not that we come here to bash, we're just old Creed fans like you. However, we choose to look at the problem, instead of ignoring it. I saw Stapp on celebrity poker, and he was obnoxious, and was drinking (later in the show). At the grammy's he was obnoxious again. in my opinion, from what I saw with my own eyes, Stapp has let the fame go to him. He's a little to self-loving in my eyes. Just watch him in public sometime.

Anyway, I do look forward to the solo projects, just to see something new. I do believe, however, that the problem with Creed, was Stapp.

With all this talk about how what some people see as obnoxious other don't....I'd like to ask.....what did Stapp say that you found so obnoxious prior to the Grammys? What....did he blink his eyes too many times, fluff his hair, flip the finger at someone? When you consider the fact that Joan Rivers called him Creed because she didn't even know his name....what did he say that was obnoxious?
Old 02-11-2004, 03:29 PM   #23
Mr.Anderson
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via ICQ to Mr.Anderson Send a message via AIM to Mr.Anderson Send a message via MSN to Mr.Anderson Send a message via Yahoo to Mr.Anderson
I have all faith that there will be another Creed album if not more. They had a good thing going and I don't think it would be broken up easily. Right now I just see both sides persuing solo careers to brighten there horizons and get more into to other stuff. Then when you see them come back together, it will be something amazing.
Old 02-11-2004, 03:40 PM   #24
farmgirl
USER INFO »
Currently:
Quote: (Originally Posted by multifast1) Well we're definitely agreed that it wasn't ALL Stapp's fault for the break-up.. although I probably think he had more to do with it than you. It does take two to tango and you're right that unless we were there we'll never know.

My point here is I don't think it's fair to say people are too quick to judge just because they think Scott came off as obnoxious on a show.. or because he looked fat at an awards show. or etc... Define "too judgemental"... and at what point to you think it's ok to judge someone? If I saw a person in a ski mask coming at me down a dark alley, would I be judging him too quickly thinking he was about to rob me?? Most would say natural instincts take over there.. and that's what happened to me when I saw Scott on Celeb Poker for example. To me, he acted consistently with someone who is an obnoxious jerk.. from all my past experiences with obnoxious jerks.. *go ahead and insert punch line here* LOL.

Look, I don't wanna go point by point on why I think he's a less than admorable person because it's just an impression that's formed from things I've seen and put together from my experiences. For example, If you've never known an alcoholic first hand.. you may not notice the signs in someone's actions who is. Not saying Stapp is an alcohol at all.. just using that as an example of how your own experiences effect how you judge people and what conclusions you come to.

Sorry for being long winding and dragging out a thread that most want to go away, but it's just too easy for some to state "People judge too quickly therefore this guy shouldn't be critisized so shut-up", blah, blah, blah..

*stepping off my soap box now*

At what point do I think it is okay to judge someone? There is none. I don't think its ever right to judge someone based on appearance. The ski mask in an alley analogy isn't even in the same realm of what we're talking about so I'm not even acknowledging that comment.

It's obvious you don't care for the guy and we don't agree on this but as far as what I mean by too judgemental? Thinking it's okay to make comments on ones weight, appearance, the way he may have said something, a look he may have gave someone or any other numerous reasons just because he's in the public eye. I know I wouldn't want to be judged by my every move or what I wore or what I looked like.
Old 02-11-2004, 03:58 PM   #25
Jooji_2
Banned
USER INFO »
Enamored......lol

Quote: (Originally Posted by multifast1) In fact, you might consider the idea that someone who is enamored with Stapp would have more of a biased view (or at least equally biased) of how he acted compared to a non-Stapp fan or a casual watcher of the show.

Alot of men seem to use that phrase "enamored". It kinda comes across as a way to discount the views of the opposite sex.....that attitude of.....you only like the dude cause you fantasize about him romantically. I'm a fan of the band, all three members....I won't count Marshall...I never liked him...but if you want to talk about obnoxious look at him. How can you be a fan, but not be a fan of all the members? I've listened to interviews, read the articles, seen concerts, and sorry, but I've never gotten the bad boy, arrogant, asshole, obnoxious vibe from the man. Maybe since I'm a woman that doesn't count? Cause I'm so "enamored"?

As for his reasons to be out and about doing the movie premieres and grammy parties.....if you were planning to put out a solo CD in the next 10 months....wouldn't you be doing the same thing? Hey people....I'm still here...this is what I'm doing....being creative....hope everyone will buy my CD...it will be out at the end of the year. But people even fault him for doing that.....he's trying to "grab" the attention....hell yeah....that's what publicity is.....making sure people know who you are and what you do. What do people think the music "business" is?

If Tremonti was smart, his band would have a name already....and people would know what the hell the singer's name is, and he would be doing the same things that Stapp is doing. Don't fault Stapp for doing what he knows he has to do to try to make his efforts pay off and be successful. If he were as self-loving as everyone thinks he is, he'd be sitting on his ass in Orlando, expecting everyone would just go out and buy anything he puts out there.

But that's just my "unenamored" opinion.
Old 02-11-2004, 03:59 PM   #26
multifast1
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by farmgirl) At what point do I think it is okay to judge someone? There is none. I don't think its ever right to judge someone based on appearance. The ski mask in an alley analogy isn't even in the same realm of what we're talking about so I'm not even acknowledging that comment.

It's obvious you don't care for the guy and we don't agree on this but as far as what I mean by too judgemental? Thinking it's okay to make comments on ones weight, appearance, the way he may have said something, a look he may have gave someone or any other numerous reasons just because he's in the public eye. I know I wouldn't want to be judged by my every move or what I wore or what I looked like.

My analogy about the ski mask in an alley is a bit out there but it was just to show that we make snap judgement about people and their intensions, motives, character, etc. everyday! It's human nature and our survival is dependent upon it.

I haven't personally said that I've made any judgements about his personality based on his appearance. And it's not "fair" for people to pick on someone for their weight, looks, etc.. but hey, life isn't fair. He is a famous rock star and there is a price to go along with that... Being judged about your weight, looks, clothes and everything else goes with the job. If Stapp wasn't strong enough to handle the superficial criticism, he would have folded long ago. And if Stapp can handle it, why does it bother you so much if someone says he's fat or his mom dresses him funny??? C'mon.
Old 02-11-2004, 04:09 PM   #27
multifast1
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Jooji_2) Alot of men seem to use that phrase "enamored". It kinda comes across as a way to discount the views of the opposite sex.....that attitude of.....you only like the dude cause you fantasize about him romantically. I'm a fan of the band, all three members....I won't count Marshall...I never liked him...but if you want to talk about obnoxious look at him. How can you be a fan, but not be a fan of all the members? I've listened to interviews, read the articles, seen concerts, and sorry, but I've never gotten the bad boy, arrogant, asshole, obnoxious vibe from the man. Maybe since I'm a woman that doesn't count? Cause I'm so "enamored"?

But that's just my "unenamored" opinion.

Thanks for assuming what I meant and taking liberty with the meaning of what I meant.. In no way did I implied the term "enamored" to mean that. In fact I'd consider myself "enamored" with Tremonti and Flip.. and I'm a guy. I know many of the people on this board (as well as some of Creed's biggest fans) are guys.. Sorry you jumped to that conclusion.

As for how I can be a fan of the band and not all the members... OMG! To quote a moderator of this board "Love the music, not the musicians".. I have and always will consider the band Creed as one of my all time favorite groups.. because of their music. Like I've said before, I've met Tremonti, Flip, and Bret in person and was incredibly impressed with them and have never seen anything to make me think otherwise of them in public. Stapp on the otherhand, although I think he's got an incredible voice, great lyricist, and awesome stage presence... I've never met him personally and can only go on what I've seen at concerts, on TV and in articles... The sum of all that for me has been negative. Doesn't change my opinion of him as a performer or of the band's music. Does that make sense?
Old 02-11-2004, 04:20 PM   #28
Jooji_2
Banned
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by multifast1) I've never met him personally and can only go on what I've seen at concerts, on TV and in articles... The sum of all that for me has been negative. Doesn't change my opinion of him as a performer or of the band's music. Does that make sense?

It never occurs to you that what you are seeing may not be at all what it seems? As far as the enamored remark.....man, I've heard that so many times from so many male posters....I really don't think I assumed all that wrong.

If we are supposed to "love the music and not the musician", then why are we both here, you stating your personal dislike of Stapp and my asking why?
Old 02-11-2004, 04:27 PM   #29
multifast1
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Jooji_2) It never occurs to you that what you are seeing may not be at all what it seems? As far as the enamored remark.....man, I've heard that so many times from so many male posters....I really don't think I assumed all that wrong.

If we are supposed to "love the music and not the musician", then why are we both here, you stating your personal dislike of Stapp and my asking why?

Gawd that is such a double standard! You take the liberty of ASSUMING what I meant because of previous experiences in your life.. but I have no right to assume what Stapp is like as a person based on several things I have seen, heard, and read... unbelievable. And I've never said I know for a fact he's a jerk, it's just my impression.. and that of thousands of others for that matter.

I was only quoting something that's in the siggy of a moderator of this board and explaining how its conceivable that I like the band but not all the individual members.. comprende? If you can love the music AND the musician, more power to you.. but don't be upset if someone else who loves the music thinks less of that musician than you.. Doesn't make them any less of a fan than you... or does it?
Old 02-11-2004, 04:47 PM   #30
Jooji_2
Banned
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by multifast1) Gawd that is such a double standard! You take the liberty of ASSUMING what I meant because of previous experiences in your life.. but I have no right to assume what Stapp is like as a person based on several things I have seen, heard, and read... unbelievable. And I've never said I know for a fact he's a jerk, it's just my impression.. and that of thousands of others for that matter.

I was only quoting something that's in the siggy of a moderator of this board and explaining how its conceivable that I like the band but not all the individual members.. comprende? If you can love the music AND the musician, more power to you.. but don't be upset if someone else who loves the music thinks less of that musician than you.. Doesn't make them any less of a fan than you... or does it?

Doesn't sound like anything different than you thinking I defend stapp cause I'm enamored.

If you like the band.....then talk about how much you like the band.....not how much you "dislike" one certain member. Save one thread where I turned the tables on the bashing......I don't discuss what I may like or not like about any of the members. (except for Marshall) If its Tremonti that you love so....why make it a point to go into such detail about what you DON'T like about another member. There are plenty of people here who would love to hear you tal about Tremonti and his talents, of which I believe he has much. I'm sure they would all love to hear what you think about Tremonti.