++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

View Poll Results: Which album will be most commercial succesful?
Alter Bridge - One Day Remains 22 57.89%
Scott Stapp - upcoming solo album 16 42.11%
Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-11-2005, 06:58 AM   #1
renbergs
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Commercial success!?

Where to put this question? On Alter Bridge or on Scott Stapp? Well, let's put in between!

Which album do you think will be most commercial successful? AB:s One Day Remains or Scott Stapp's upcoming solo album?
Old 01-11-2005, 07:55 AM   #2
caseycarson
USER INFO »
I bet they'll do about the same. AB went gold. Probably won't ever go platinum at this point. Stapp will probably have the same success unless he has a huge breakout hit.....AB hasn't had that BIG hit yet.
Old 01-11-2005, 08:06 AM   #3
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
Stapp, no doubt about it. His effort will be way more radio friendly and will reach more audiences and radios than AB's sound.
Old 01-11-2005, 11:38 AM   #4
Higher_Desire
USER INFO »
I voted for Alter Bridge. My reasoning is this: Most anti-Creed sentaments were directed mainly at Stapp. I never heard anything against the other guys (except for Brian after he left). I believe that people who refuse to listen to Creed because of Stapp would listen to AB. Stapp, on the other hand, may have some trouble. Especially considering the things I shouldn't say. *cough* Chicago *cough* Prednizone *cough* Weathered Tour *cough*.

H-D

Today I'm gonna try a little harder
Gonna make every minute last longer
Gonna learn to forgive and forget
'Cause we don't have long
Gonna make the most of it

Today I'm gonna love my enemies
Reach out to somebody who needs me
Make a change, make the world a better place
'Cause tomorrow could be one day too late

--lyrics from "One Day Too Late" by Skillet
from their new album "Awake"
Old 01-11-2005, 12:46 PM   #5
RMadd
USER INFO »
ditto to what Colin said. most people hated (or, if that be too strong a word, disliked) Creed because of Stapp & his actions. it's comparable (though not to the same degree) to Fred Durst & Limp Bizkit. I (and prolly many others) dislike Limp solely b/c Durst's a dick. Nothing against the other fellas; I don't even know who they are. And the same could likely be said for Mark, Flip & Brian.

Old 01-11-2005, 01:12 PM   #6
titan9
USER INFO »
You know what, this is something I've thought about since the break up. And I've always come to this conculsion:Stapp will have more success on pop(mainstream) radio and Alter Bridge will have more success on Rock radio. I just have this gut feeling about it, that Stapp will have an extremely successful solo career and will sell millions of records. Yeah, some of the media will still hate him, but they hate artists like Ashlee Simpson, and she's sold tons of records. I think Stapp's music will be too "soft" for Rock radio, while Alter Bridge will enjoy great success on Rock radio. I do have a feeling that Broken Wings will be a huge radio hit, though, and that will get AB into the mainstream. But overall, I think Stapp will be highly successful on the mainstream stations(because his music will probably be pop radio friendly) and Alter Bridge will be highly successful on the Rock stations. It's just a gut feeling.

Check out my friend's Music blog by here!
Old 01-11-2005, 01:13 PM   #7
The Lithium
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by caseycarson) I bet they'll do about the same. AB went gold. Probably won't ever go platinum at this point. Stapp will probably have the same success unless he has a huge breakout hit.....AB hasn't had that BIG hit yet.
How much did Metallica's first album "Kill 'Em All" sell at the start? Well, NOT much. But now they're famous and it has done really well!! So when AB releases their second or thired album ODR my go far beyond Platinum.

Quote: (Originally Posted by Bridge of Clay) Stapp, no doubt about it. His effort will be way more radio friendly and will reach more audiences and radios than AB's sound.
I agree about the radio friendly stuff, but I doubt he will be more successfull than AB.

"take care of yourselves.
take care of each other.
fuck gorge w. bush!
good night"
--corey taylor
Old 01-11-2005, 03:17 PM   #8
titan9
USER INFO »
As I said, I think he'll be more successful on pop radio. Really, I don't know whether AB or Stapp will be more successful overall. Personally, I'd like to see them both do equally good. Though I doubt AB or Stapp will ever be able to achieve the amount of success that Creed did. But it could happen.

Old 01-11-2005, 04:00 PM   #9
Higher_Desire
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by titan9) You know what, this is something I've thought about since the break up. And I've always come to this conculsion:Stapp will have more success on pop(mainstream) radio and Alter Bridge will have more success on Rock radio.
I can see where your going with this, and I think I agree with you. Afterall, I have heard Relearn Love played on Air1 (Christian radio) a few times. It'd be a bit of a switch (Stapp on more Pop-ish stations) but I could probably get use to it.

Quote: (Originally Posted by RMadd) it's comparable (though not to the same degree) to Fred Durst & Limp Bizkit. I (and prolly many others) dislike Limp solely b/c Durst's a dick. Nothing against the other fellas;
Yeah. Fred Durst is douche. I use to know the rest of the guys names (when I was in High School) but don't care enough to remember them. Except for Wes Borland. He played either guitar or bass. Can't remember which.

H-D

Today I'm gonna try a little harder
Gonna make every minute last longer
Gonna learn to forgive and forget
'Cause we don't have long
Gonna make the most of it

Today I'm gonna love my enemies
Reach out to somebody who needs me
Make a change, make the world a better place
'Cause tomorrow could be one day too late

--lyrics from "One Day Too Late" by Skillet
from their new album "Awake"
Old 01-11-2005, 09:19 PM   #10
titan9
USER INFO »
I've never been a Limp Bizkit fan, but I think Durst is an idiot. But like I've said before, I really only try to pay attention to the music. I know what's been said about Stapp, but I don't care. The music is what matters to me.

I've never heard Relearn Love on the radio, but I've never listened to Air 1. I do occasionally listen to the local Christian stations(and I've heard some good stuff) but mainly stick to the Rock stations. I don't think Wind Up gave RL the push it deserved. What happened to that music video? It was made but never was released.

Old 01-12-2005, 06:15 PM   #11
HigherGirl
USER INFO »
I think it will be close.. AB sounds great as a band and Scotts voice alone will sell!
Old 01-13-2005, 01:50 AM   #12
Trees of Wisdom
USER INFO »
Stapp's voice won't sell. Firstly, he sucks at singing and people are pretty much over the barritone voice. Alter Bridge does need a big single to boost their sales. Maroon 5 started off slow, but once they released "This Love" or whatever it's called, they went up in the charts and finally got into the Billboard 200. OYE was a bad choice as a single, but BW and DTML are sure to bring them into the top 200 again.
Old 01-13-2005, 08:19 AM   #13
The Lithium
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Trees of Wisdom) Stapp's voice won't sell. Firstly, he sucks at singing and people are pretty much over the barritone voice.
Yeah, that's problably why Creed never made it big.

Quote: (Originally Posted by Trees of Wisdom) Alter Bridge does need a big single to boost their sales. Maroon 5 started off slow, but once they released "This Love" or whatever it's called, they went up in the charts and finally got into the Billboard 200. OYE was a bad choice as a single, but BW and DTML are sure to bring them into the top 200 again.
I think Broken Wings will be that boost!

"take care of yourselves.
take care of each other.
fuck gorge w. bush!
good night"
--corey taylor
Old 01-13-2005, 12:32 PM   #14
Steve
Administrator
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Steve Send a message via MSN to Steve
Quote: (Originally Posted by Trees of Wisdom) Stapp's voice won't sell. Firstly, he sucks at singing and people are pretty much over the barritone voice. Alter Bridge does need a big single to boost their sales. Maroon 5 started off slow, but once they released "This Love" or whatever it's called, they went up in the charts and finally got into the Billboard 200. OYE was a bad choice as a single, but BW and DTML are sure to bring them into the top 200 again.

First of all, you know that engineers can do wonders with technology to make your voice sound good on an album... so a voice isn't an issue. Stapp can sound good on an album. It's the live performance that I question.

I'm not really sure as far as commercial success goes, but I would have to say that Scott Stapp would probably have an edge over Alter Bridge, if he ever releases an album, simply because of the fact that (and I'm assuming) his songs will be more radio-friendly. His songs will probably hit several station formats - Rock, Alt-Rock, Top 40, Pop, etc. So far Alter Bridge has really only hit Rock stations. I guess that could change with Broken Wings, but who knows until it's released.

Let's remember, commercial success doesn't mean anyone is better than one another. I'm sure many here hated when Creed got so big. I know I did. I found it much more enjoying to see Creed play at smaller venues. The outdoor ampitheaters, although were amazing to see them play at, just didn't have the same feel as the smaller arenas and/or 1,000 seat venues.

The things that I've loved the things that I've lost
The things I've held sacred that I've dropped
I won't lie no more you can bet
I don't want to learn what I'll need to forget
- Audioslave, "Doesn't Remind Me"
Old 01-13-2005, 12:48 PM   #15
Mulletman
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
I agree with Steve, I think its that anti-creed sentiment that will boost Stapp's career over Alter Bridge. Stapp musical choice has always been radio friendly. If you compare all the Anti-Creed kiddies and the bashers we get, you'll notice that thier musical flavor is pretty much the same and not as radio friendly. For example, Compare Open Your Eyes to Relearn Love. As for his voice, anyone with motivation and the appropriate software can make Myles sounds like a real man. Not to mention its not concerts that get the musicians rich, its thier CD sales. Dont agree, look at these metal bands that ONLY do summer festivals.