++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Scott Stapp Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 10-05-2005, 04:49 PM   #31
jmhonline
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by The Lithium) Yeah, see I look at it this way... Since Mark wrote them it's Mark's songs. In case you didn't know - that's the way it works in the music biz!!
He wrote all the lyrics?
Old 10-05-2005, 05:08 PM   #32
Creed7352
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by jmhonline) Huh???? Another poster told me to look at abb.net for a possible interview. It has nothing to do with alter bridge, creed, etc.

oh...i thought you meant that abb.net has nothing to do with alter bridge..lol.
Old 10-05-2005, 05:08 PM   #33
Creed7352
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by jmhonline) He wrote all the lyrics?

no, what lithium is saying is that he wrote the music...music makes it a song, otherwise it's just poetry.
Old 10-05-2005, 06:25 PM   #34
jmhonline
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Creed7352) no, what lithium is saying is that he wrote the music...music makes it a song, otherwise it's just poetry.

Of course it makes it a song, but does that make it his song? Whats the music without lyrics?
Old 10-05-2005, 06:50 PM   #35
Creed7352
USER INFO »
music without lyrics is still a song...instrumental.
Old 10-05-2005, 06:52 PM   #36
jmhonline
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Creed7352) music without lyrics is still a song...instrumental.
exactly
Old 10-05-2005, 07:47 PM   #37
jmhonline
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Creed7352) oh...i thought you meant that abb.net has nothing to do with alter bridge..lol.

well, technically it doesn't. So I do mean that. Did you go check it out?
Old 10-05-2005, 09:19 PM   #38
Creed7352
USER INFO »
umm...are you referring to this?

http://www.abb.com/

cause that's where it takes me if i type in www.abb.net

i hope that is what you mean.
Old 10-05-2005, 09:23 PM   #39
jmhonline
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Creed7352) umm...are you referring to this?

http://www.abb.com/

cause that's where it takes me if i type in www.abb.net

i hope that is what you mean.

Yes. What does that have to with the tremonti band?

i.e. A leader in power and automation technologies that enable customers to improve performance while lowering environmental impact.
Old 10-06-2005, 12:43 AM   #40
ctfan
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by The Lithium) Mark wrote all the songs. And by saying that I mean the music. And yes, Mark did write more lyrics than we know of. At least that is what has been told to us by Mark's brother Michael and some other sure sources.

Like What's This Life For... Mark wrote all the music for that one, and some says he wrote most of the lyrics, other says he wrote the whole lyrics. Anyway... I think Mark, (or at least some one who knows him), have said that Scott often took credit for the things Mark did in Creed. So maybe the lyrics for WTLF was one of those things. And it has become pretty obvious that Scott has lied about some stuff in the past, to give an perfect picture of Creed to the fans.

2 example I often use when I'm talking about Scott's lying is:
1) AB and Michael says Stapp did lie, (read the Kerrang Interview! It's up on ABB.net, I think)
2) He said he kept contact with AB after the Creed break up. And that he and Mark decided, over the phone, which songs would feature on the Greatest Hits CD. When Mark, Flip and Brian were totally against the release of the Greatest Hits record. When you check the booklet it says that some guy; Ryan Smith, decided which songs were gonna feature on the album. I remember Michael saying in a post back on AlterBridgeRocks.com that all this Stapp had said was just "Another falt lie".

I'm not saying I hate Stapp, I do support him, I'm just saying that he might have been taking some credit for stuff Mark's done in the past.

But, Stapp has never performed "What's This Life For" without Tremo has he? You've got him tried and convicted already.

I don't care who wrote what, all I know is that if Stapp wants to perform a few Creed songs on his tour, he has the right to do it. They are just as much his songs as anyone elses. I know I would love to hear a few of them again too, but if Stapp chooses to stick with his new work, I'll be just as interested in that as I am the old.

If Mark has chosen to stick with AB songs, that's strictly up to him. He made it very clear he wasn't interested in promoting the GH's cd because of competition with his own bands release. Besides that, with Myles on lead vocals, I can see why he wouldn't want to perform Creed songs. I imagine Tremo and Myles have sat down together poolside, and Myles has belted out a few...."can you take me higher's" and it's quite possible Mark thought better of it.

I also don't care about any handshake, or promise that was made between band members either. That's all hearsay, and as far as who is lying and who isn't, it all goes back to who you believe.
Old 10-06-2005, 12:56 AM   #41
ctfan
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by INDIGOSTEVE) you know its funny how Mark has invented himself to be this and that and slams Stapp all the time? maybe mark needs to take the high road you don't see Stapp slaming AB? and they aren't just marks songs people get over him he aint god!

I agree, Mark has slammed Stapp in every interview he's ever given.
Old 10-06-2005, 01:06 AM   #42
Ana4Stapp
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Ana4Stapp Send a message via MSN to Ana4Stapp
Quote: (Originally Posted by jmhonline) Yes. What does that have to with the tremonti band?

i.e. A leader in power and automation technologies that enable customers to improve performance while lowering environmental impact.

HEy guys, go to http://www.alterbridgeband.net/
Look at the stars
Look at the stars, falling down,
And I wonder where, did I go wrong.

"I know a girl (Gio )
She puts the color inside of my world"

Girls become lovers who turn into mothers
So mothers be good to your daughters too
Old 10-06-2005, 01:12 AM   #43
jmhonline
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Ana4Stapp) HEy guys, go to http://www.alterbridgeband.net/

Thanks. I did a search for stapp and creed wich both returned no results. Is it not allowed to mention the devil on that board?
Old 10-06-2005, 01:32 AM   #44
jmhonline
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by The Lithium) 2 example I often use when I'm talking about Scott's lying is:
1) AB and Michael says Stapp did lie, (read the Kerrang Interview! It's up on ABB.net, I think)
2) He said he kept contact with AB after the Creed break up. And that he and Mark decided, over the phone, which songs would feature on the Greatest Hits CD. When Mark, Flip and Brian were totally against the release of the Greatest Hits record. When you check the booklet it says that some guy; Ryan Smith, decided which songs were gonna feature on the album. I remember Michael saying in a post back on AlterBridgeRocks.com that all this Stapp had said was just "Another falt lie".

I'm not saying I hate Stapp, I do support him, I'm just saying that he might have been taking some credit for stuff Mark's done in the past.
Seems like disgruntled ex-members and their family versus scott
http://www.alterbridgeband.net/media...GuitarOne.html
Old 10-06-2005, 06:17 AM   #45
Ana4Stapp
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Ana4Stapp Send a message via MSN to Ana4Stapp
Seems they are sincere in their answers -Honestly, I cant see them lying.
Look at the stars
Look at the stars, falling down,
And I wonder where, did I go wrong.

"I know a girl (Gio )
She puts the color inside of my world"

Girls become lovers who turn into mothers
So mothers be good to your daughters too