++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 01-20-2003, 10:42 AM   #16
JenRN
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Hmmm... if they have to immitate him at thier show, that obvioulsy shows some insecurities of them. If they can't rock doing their own thing and find it nessesary to joke about others it just shows they really have no talent and have no originality!!!! I would think it is a jealousy thing, Creed needed NO ONE to get to where they are, these cheap punk bands like them need EVERY ONE to get them where they are because they are so immature and lack the responsibility to make it own their own! That is the problem with all these bands bashing Creed, they all deep down are jealous, they just too much of assholes to realize it!

~Lenny Kravitz
"Baptized"
Old 01-20-2003, 11:47 AM   #17
Weathered
USER INFO »
ive never heard anything about that
Old 01-20-2003, 12:12 PM   #18
Sheila63
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by JenRN
Hmmm... if they have to immitate him at thier show, that obvioulsy shows some insecurities of them.  If they can't rock doing their own thing and find it nessesary to joke about others it just shows they really have no talent and have no originality!!!!  I would think it is a jealousy thing, Creed needed NO ONE to get to where they are, these cheap punk bands like them need EVERY ONE  to get them where they are because they are so immature and lack the responsibility to make it own their own!    That is the problem with all these bands bashing Creed, they all deep down are jealous, they just too much of assholes to realize it!

I was just going to say the same thing, Jen. I was talking to someone about Creed yesterday and how they get bashed and how I think it's because other groups/musicians are jealous. After seeing their Behind the Music special, I really give Scott, Mark and Flip credit. To me, they earned their success from the bottom up thanks to some people who believed, their loyal fans hard work and their awesome talent. For all those people who said their kind of music was dead and would never sell they're eating they're words by now!!

Relearn Love
Old 01-20-2003, 12:15 PM   #19
Sheila63
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by creedfan63
....  To me, they earned their success from the bottom up thanks to some people who believed, their loyal fans hard work and their awesome talent.  For all those people who said their kind of music was dead and would never sell they're eating they're words by now!!

Oops, sorry about the typo is my message above. I mean to say "thanks to some people who believed in them,..."

Relearn Love
Old 01-20-2003, 04:08 PM   #20
JenRN
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by Weathered
ive never heard anything about that

About what?

~Lenny Kravitz
"Baptized"
Old 01-20-2003, 05:28 PM   #21
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Well, if Blink 182 did do that it shows a lack of maturity on their part. I don't know why people would go to such lengths to make fun of some other artist simply because they don't like the music. It's kind of childish. Dave Grohl from the Foo Fighters apparently did some spoof of WAWO. He is a funny guy, but I mean, why bother? It just seems kind of pointless and a waste of time.
Old 01-20-2003, 08:37 PM   #22
faceless kiwi
USER INFO »
Dont know how old this thread is now, i havent been on here much lately.
But yeah chris was right about that, i read that blink 182 mock creed all the time at their concerts. Does the stapp jesus pose and laughs.

And as we gathered in the ashes
Said "fire em up boys and let 'em go"
They're making music for the masses
Sliced up real thin for the radio.

Now all that you took for granted
Has been replaced. Replaced by an actor. And now that you're left with nothing but more of the same.
Who do you think you are?
Who do you think you are?
You all sound the same, With nothing to say. We say your an actor!."

PACIFIER- NOTHING
Old 01-20-2003, 08:57 PM   #23
JenRN
USER INFO »
What exactely is a Jesus pose anyways? Sounds to me like Blink 182 are the idiots I thought they were!

~Lenny Kravitz
"Baptized"
Old 01-21-2003, 04:13 AM   #24
hide_tremonti
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by Chris
Regarding the Blink 182 issue, i read in an Australian music magazine called Juice, that during some concerts the lead singer does an impression of Scott Stapp with Christ poses or some other shit.  They also imitate Mark, but I cant remember what they do.  Sorry it was such a long time ago I cant remember it all.  All i can say is they poke fun at Creed in concert.

Why do they make fun of Creed? Especially when they know that they have little or no talent! One of the guys (I think the guitarist) said that he professionally sucks at guitar! No disrepect to Travis though, he's the only guy in the band who actually knows his instrument.

Old 01-21-2003, 09:17 AM   #25
JenRN
USER INFO »
I am familiar with Blink 182 to recognize their terrible noise on the radio, but I don't know of any other tid bits of info on them, I just really don't care for their type of "music". But the bottom line is they obviously have some big insecurities if they find it nessesary to pick on other bands.

~Lenny Kravitz
"Baptized"
Old 01-21-2003, 12:14 PM   #26
creedgirl99
USER INFO »
I think all these bands that feel it necessary to make fun of Creed are jealous and insecure. I mean why don't they concentrate on their own music, instead of feeling the need to make fun of others? It's really stupid...but as in the words of Scott Stapp "I THINK THEY SHOOT 'CAUSE THEY WANT IT"!!!
Old 01-21-2003, 12:42 PM   #27
creedlvr
USER INFO »
Another band that consists of a bunch of idiots is Queens of the Stone Age. The bassist ... Nick Oliveri actually made a video of himself saying that he hates Creed and that he hopes they all die! He went on to say that it will not be enough for the band to just break up ... that he wants there to be an actual death and that he hopes it's the "lead singer." (The moron obviously didn't even know his name!)

I saw this taped trash with my own eyes. I came across it when I did a search on Kazaa for Creed stuff. It was entitled, "Nick Oliveri talks about Creed." If I had known what I was downloading, I certainly wouldn't have bothered. It actually made me sick to think that someone could be so incredibly evil with jealousy!

In all fairness though, he also mentioned that he is always arguing with one of the other band members because they like Creed. (I don't know who in the band was the one he was talking about.) So perhaps the WHOLE band shouldn't be condemmed.

Also, Puddle of Mudd (a band promoted by Fred Durst) was supposed to tour with Creed. After it was confirmed, Puddle of Mudd backed out without explanation. Obviously, Durst put a stop to it. I've never actually heard of Puddle of Mudd saying anything bad about Creed. They probably just didn't want to go against Durst since he helped them get their start and he so adamently hates Scott. I do happen to like that band ... (until I hear them say anything derogatory!)

It's incredible what jealousy does to people! If you just don't like someone's music, it easy ... DON'T LISTEN TO IT!!!

Since these bands go so out of their way to express their hatred, they just make fools of themselves and show their insecurities. This should just make Creed laugh to themselves knowing that these bands are so threatened by them!